autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Tire and Trim Sealant Review

This is a short review of the new Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Tire and Trim Sealant. Remarkably for a weekend in January with temps in the mid 50's, I was able to do a bucket wash on my 2012 Jeep Sahara and treat all of the exterior plastics. Meghan was kind enough to send out this product on a recent order for review.

Product Description:

Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Tire and Trim Sealant

BLACKFIRE Tire & Trim Sealant is the solution to an issue that plagues almost every vehicle manufactured in the last 30 years – dull, faded, and discolored plastic exterior trim. This thick, gel-like formula penetrates deep into the pores of plastic, rubber, and vinyl exterior trim, restoring the finish to factory-new condition. A traditional trim dressing might last a week or two if you’re lucky; BLACKFIRE Tire & Trim Sealant provides MONTHS of durable protection. Use it on tires as a long-lasting, waterproof dressing!

BLACKFIRE Tire & Trim Sealant is far more than a trim dressing. This polymer-based trim restorer forms a bond at the molecular level, restoring the surface while coating it in a durable, protective shell.BLACKFIRE Tire & Trim Sealant doesn’t wash off in the rain – it actually causes water to bead up like a wax! Treated surfaces will have a factory-fresh appearance – not a sticky, greasy mess like other so-called trim restorers.

Cost: $28.99 for 8 ounces

Application and Observations:

1. I applied Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Tire and Trim Sealant with a micro fiber applicator pad to all of the exterior hard and smooth plastics on my 2012 Jeep Sahara including running boards, mirrors, and some interior pieces. The product is a cream like consistency and is purple in color. The product doesn't really have a scent to it and spreads very easily. I waited approximately 10-15 minutes after application and buffed with a clean microfiber.

2. Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Tire and Trim Sealant left all of the plastics with a nice, clean, rich color that was not overly greasy. The majority of the plastics on my Jeep are well cared for so I really didn't have a chance to see how the product would restore any plastic that was weathered and/or faded.

3. Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Tire and Trim Sealant is a much better redesigned version of the older Blackfire Trim Sealant which I did not care for and often would "gum up" on plastics that I used it on.

4. I typically have been using Chemical VRP on my exterior plastics and it gives an identical look to Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Tire and Trim Sealant. The only downside to VRP is that it was somewhat lacking in the durability department and I found myself reapplying after just about every wash. Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Tire and Trim Sealant claims to last months and will cause water beading when applied to plastics. I also found that I was using much less of product compared to VRP when I was treating the plastics. We are forecast to get some rain this week so I plan to report back with the product's durability.

Conclusion:

Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Tire and Trim Sealant is a very nice product. It give a similar look to Chemical Guys VRP and can also be used on tires and all plastics. The only downside that I see with this product is the price point compared to other trim dressings. If this product can hold up and can give better durability than VRP it will be a real winner.

Pictures:

Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Thanks The Guz, Desertnate, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Maxreed241, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Tire and Trim Sealant Review

Just a quick update. We got some rain last night and I wanted to post some pics of the beading of Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Tire and Trim Sealant.
    No streaking or running like you sometimes see on other trim dressings.

Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

4. Thanks Desertnate, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, Maxreed241, CleanIT liked this post