autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Sio2 Spray

I had a chance to try out the new Pinnacle Sio2 Spray yesterday on a 2018 Durango SSV. I purchased this product when it first came out and the weather has been either raining or cold and this was the first opportunity I have had to wash this vehicle since I purchased the spray. The Durango was washed with my foam gun using Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo and dried with my 230 mph/385 cfm electric leaf blower. The remaining water was handled by a small Guzzler drying towel. The hood was then clayed with Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay and Pinnacle Clay Lube. The baggie test showed that the surfaces were all pretty good but I wanted to test longevity on the hood so I made sure to clay it thoroughly. This vehicle is parked inside a parking garage while at work and outside while I'm at home and the paintwork is in excellent condition. I got this vehicle with 250 miles on the odometer and clayed it and topped it with Pinnacle Liquid Souveran wax applied with my PC random orbit polisher. This was back at the end of June 2018 and the vehicle has been washed weekly using the above described method and dried with the leaf blower and Guzzler typically using Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax as a drying aid.

The product was applied with a thin microfiber towel with 3 sprays to prime the towel and 1 to 3 sprays per panel depending on the size. The first thing I noticed was this was fairly thick when spreading on the hood. I made sure to get good coverage using the same side of the quarter folded towel for the entire vehicle. Each panel was allowed to flash for a minute or two. The temperature was 46 degrees F with light wind and sun and the vehicle was in a shaded area. The light haze was buffed off with a gold plush Jr. microfiber and the surface was pretty smooth after buffing. The gloss seamed to increase after a few hours cure time.

As has been normal for almost every weekend this fall it rained late Sunday night. (Forgot to get beading shots ) I used the leaf blower to blow off the rain water this morning and compared that to my wife's Durango that was waxed in October and maintained in a similar manner. This vehicle was dried using Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax as a topper yesterday. The first thing I noticed is the water shedding was a lot better with the Sio2 spray. The surface is still very slick too. Below are a couple of photos of the hood. It was cloudy today but the reflections are still pretty good. I was able to fully apply the Sio2 spray to all the paintwork in about 15 minutes. Time will tell how long this lasts but it looks promising so far!

Pinnacle Crystal SiO2 Spray

2. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, cullen2505, acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Sio2 Spray

Looks great man, that red is poppin’!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by camaro2ssblack View Post
    Looks great man, that red is poppin’!
    Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Dodge does a truly great red! Love the results and thanks for sharing your experience.

Kirby

Post Thanks / Like

Any updates on the Pinnacle SiO2 mentioned above regarding longevity
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markymapo View Post
    Any updates on the Pinnacle SiO2 mentioned above regarding longevity
    I've been getting a good performance out of this product. I just clayed and coated the Durango in early June and it's holding up very well. Other that using Pinnacle Spray wax or Duragloss Aqua Wax as a drying aid I went about 5 months between applications. I'm using this vehicle specifically to test the performance of the SiO2 spray. It is mainly kept outdoors overnight but parked in a parking garage when I'm at work and washed weekly when the weather is cooperating.

8. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Likes Thomkirby, mbkite liked this post