autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: These are the twins!

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I did promise Jesus that I would give it another try. I did so today on a passenger front door and it behaved much better this time and left a good finish.
    Thanks for giving it another go!

Number one is the strong chemical scent. It is not something I would want to smell for hours.

Some of us are more sensitive to smells and if Griots didn’t have that then I would own them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I like the scent of the Perfecting Cream,
    Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    FG400 does that to me too, but I also like the way it smells too!
    WOW. This really is a YMMV deal. I'm a fan of products that smell "good." I almost went into the garage last night to check again (when I first read these posts, at 10:30pm) but I was already getting ready for bed and didn't want to step out into the cold again!

I don't think the BOSS stuff is stinky. I did a 12 hour stint on a Porsche with Perfecting Cream and the smell of it didn't bother me.

And see? FG400 is the stinkiest product I've ever used. Not only did the stink linger around my nose for a few days, the stink lingered in the bathroom where I washed my pads for about a week!!!!! it's the main reason I stopped using it, regardless of how great it cut and finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    ...but I’ve never had [Perefecting] finish as good as M205 and it’s a bit longer to wipe off.
    Number two is that I found it to be a tad oily and needed a few extra towel passes and a prep wipe to remove the residual oils.
    Another YMMV. Most times I've used PC, I found that it was easier to wipe off. It's one of the main things that drew me to buy the BOSS Creams after trying out some samples.

<shrug> Not sure about these varying experiences. Especially with Guz, Eldo, and myself living in the same general area. Either way, there are SO MANY great products to choose from. Sometimes, you just got to see what YOU like, and use it!

2. Likes VISITOR, dlc95, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Thanks for giving it another go!

WOW. This really is a YMMV deal. I'm a fan of products that smell "good." I almost went into the garage last night to check again (when I first read these posts, at 10:30pm) but I was already getting ready for bed and didn't want to step out into the cold again!

I don't think the BOSS stuff is stinky. I did a 12 hour stint on a Porsche with Perfecting Cream and the smell of it didn't bother me.

And see? FG400 is the stinkiest product I've ever used. Not only did the stink linger around my nose for a few days, the stink lingered in the bathroom where I washed my pads for about a week!!!!! it's the main reason I stopped using it, regardless of how great it cut and finished.

Another YMMV. Most times I've used PC, I found that it was easier to wipe off. It's one of the main things that drew me to buy the BOSS Creams after trying out some samples.

<shrug> Not sure about these varying experiences. Especially with Guz, Eldo, and myself living in the same general area. Either way, there are SO MANY great products to choose from. Sometimes, you just got to see what YOU like, and use it!
    Yeah, the GF hates the way FG400 leaves the garage and bathroom smelling. But I also used to love the smell of gasoline when I was a kid too. However, I hate the smell of wet worms in the road during a rainstorm, eggs after they've gotten wet after drying, and persimmon.

4. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Yeah, the GF hates the way FG400 leaves the garage and bathroom smelling. But I also used to love the smell of gasoline when I was a kid too. However, I hate the smell of wet worms in the road during a rainstorm, eggs after they've gotten wet after drying, and persimmon.
    People invented deodorants and air fresheners for such cases

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone used Menz 300? I’ve got a bottle but 400 always works for me. Never really noticed the smell, but I make it a point not to sniff any detailing products. Iron-X is the only detailing product that I can’t not smell. I keep my gallon of Iron-X sealed in plastic and in a covered bucket.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456