autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: These are the twins!

The car was the W12. And I’ve worked on a couple special projects with both Rod Kraft and Jeff Brown and I can assure you they make and package the products in Indianapolis.

2. Likes Coleroad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoo View Post
    It’s a ParkZone RC Corsair. I have a basement full of different planes. Still a kid I guess. The Corsair I keep in the garage. It’s my go to plane for throwing in the back of the 4Runner.
    Cool. I dabbled back in the day, never got as far as I wanted. Corsair was one of my favorite planes as a kid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Is the cut closer to UC?
    Cut for me would fall between D300 and M100

5. Likes dlc95, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CamarosRus View Post
    I'm not going to argue that the above GRIOT's products are working for YOU............
    I'd be very interested to know who actually MFG's them??

Do you actually believe that GRIOT's produces these products??

I "THINK" that GRIOT's buy much of their Products (ready to use) in 55 Gal Drums and repackages
    into pretty retail Bottles!!!!!

Ive invested too much $$ in Meg's 100,105 & 205 too just shove those bottles to the back of my shelf
    and start over with HD, Jescar or GRIOT's

I will admit that I'm only an amateur and if this is a "professional" conversation I'll step aside.
    It's almost never worth replacing what you are using unless the product you are using is very bad.

Improvements are incremental and going from a good product to a better one usually only gives a little advantage. In the case of 105, any modern compound will be better. Products now don't dust like crazy as 105 does. I have about half a gallon left and I am really tempted to replace it because I hate working with it. Even mixed 50/50 with D300 it still dusts like crazy. I only use it to fix scratches now.

When you run out of products, that is the best time to re-evaluate what to buy, and by that time, it is very likelly even better products will have come out.

7. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Is the cut closer to UC?
    If I remember correctly, Ultimate Compound has a cut rating of 8, and M110 has a cut rating of 12. Please correct me if my memory is failing me

UC is more of a one step product than a true compound. It is a great product, but if you are looking for heavy correction, it's not really what it's designed to do.

9. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    If I remember correctly, Ultimate Compound has a cut rating of 8, and M110 has a cut rating of 12. Please correct me if my memory is failing me

UC is more of a one step product than a true compound. It is a great product, but if you are looking for heavy correction, it's not really what it's designed to do.
    I boeve the chart has it as a "10".

I've always had good luck with it, but like anything, if I can reduce my work time during the heavy lifting I will. I did an experiment with it removing 1000 grit marks with a PC and a green pad, but the photo album I made for it here is inaccessible for some reason...

11. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well JustJesus sent me a sample of perfecting cream and correcting cream. I had an experience where Perfecting Cream turned into little balls and flung everywhere. I wrote it off at that time.

I did promise Jesus that I would give it another try. I did so today on a passenger front door and it behaved much better this time and left a good finish. I have a couple tiny issues with it.

Number one is the strong chemical scent. It is not something I would want to smell for hours. That’s a headache waiting to happen.

Number two is that I found it to be a tad oily and needed a few extra towel passes and a prep wipe to remove the residual oils.

I haven’t used correction cream but I plan to at least test it out. It too has that chemical scent.

Some of us are more sensitive to smells and if Griots didn’t have that then I would own them.

13. Likes dlc95, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as the Boss Creams, IMO the true experience is had with Correcting Cream and Fast Correcting Cream. The other 2 not so much. I like the scent of the Perfecting Cream, but I’ve never had it finish as good as M205 and it’s a bit longer to wipe off. I’m not a fan of the Finishing Sealant.

15. Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Well JustJesus sent me a sample of perfecting cream and correcting cream. I had an experience where Perfecting Cream turned into little balls and flung everywhere. I wrote it off at that time.

I did promise Jesus that I would give it another try. I did so today on a passenger front door and it behaved much better this time and left a good finish. I have a couple tiny issues with it.

Number one is the strong chemical scent. It is not something I would want to smell for hours. That’s a headache waiting to happen.

Number two is that I found it to be a tad oily and needed a few extra towel passes and a prep wipe to remove the residual oils.

I haven’t used correction cream but I plan to at least test it out. It too has that chemical scent.

Some of us are more sensitive to smells and if Griots didn’t have that then I would own them.
    FG400 does that to me too, but I also like the way it smells too!

Post Thanks / Like

EXCELLENT video comparing a few compounds!!!!!

YouTube
    '03 Corvette Z06

18. Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post
    Likes mbkite liked this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast