autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Review: BLACKFIRE Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner

BLACKFIRE Pro Detailer's Choice Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner

A huge THANK YOU goes out to Meghan and Autogeek for providing this product!

Product Description from Autogeek
    BLACKFIRE Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner will allow you to quickly and effectively remove stains, mud, grime, dirt, and other unsightly contaminants from carpet and upholstery. BLACKFIRE Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner will go to work within seconds of contact allowing you to expedite the detailing process. BLACKFIRE Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner will not stain or degrade the carpet fibers while it is removing difficult debris. BLACKFIRE Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner will work effectively on any type of non-suede carpet or upholstery you come across.

My Review

Subject: 2014 Kia Sportage
    Time Period: November 2018
    Weather: In the low 80s.

Products & Tools
    - Blackfire Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner (BF310)
    - DeWalt 20v Max Vacuum
    - carpet brush
    - detail brush
    - Kirkland brand MF towels

BLACKFIRE Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
    Cost: 24.99 (as of 11/28/18)
    Size: 32oz
    Scent: Not sure. But pleasant
    Consistency: sprayable liquid

First up, I took the driver’s floor matt. Yes, it needs to be replaced at this point. Well, sooner would have been better. My bad.

I started off with the carpet brush to….well, to brush things off the matt. I then vacuumed the area.

Looking better! But we know it can get cleaner, right? Yes, I know it can because I’ve only ever vacuumed it. Never took cleaners to it.

I sprayed the BF310 directly onto the matt. I let it sit a brief moment before I agitated lightly with the detail brush. I did this to spread the product around for more even coverage, and to get into the carpet fibers a bit better.

I then let the BF310 dwell for one minute, as per the instructions (I need to confirm on the bottle, which I don’t have with me at this moment). Once the timer beeped, I took the MF towel and wiped away the dirt.

Here’s a closer shot of the MF after it lifted away some of that dirt. It took several more wipes to try and get it all, and dry the matt at the same time

Here is the result after that easy work. Looking much better! Even better in person. The matt looked refreshed, in it’s darker black color.

Thinking that the matt was darker in part because it was still a bit damp, I put it aside before finishing the rest of it. I wanted it to dry more to see what it would look like. This shot was taken about 12 minutes later. It’s not as sharp as it was, but still better. In person, yeah….even more so.

Subject: Generic matt
    Time Period: November 2018
    Weather: In the low 80s.

The Kia’s matt was placed aside to dry, and I pulled out a generic matt I had put aside for this review. This matt has been in this dirty state for a long time! Also, it’s a different color so it’s easier to se the grossness of it ��

Same tools and process as before. I did this one in sections, though. First, the top half. I followed up with the lower left corner, and finally finished off the rest of it. VERY noticeable improvements. But, you can see for yourselves….

This pic shows how much stuff is coming off. And this was just the top portion!
    (or top and lower left? Oops)

Looking better?

Let’s keep going, yeah?

This didn’t come out perfect, but that wasn’t my goal. My goal was to QUICKLY do a clean up to remove as much as possible, in a short amount of time. Had I been chasing perfection, I would have brought out the Little Green Machine (with hot water extraction). End result after a simple spray and wipe.

Going back to black Kia matts. This time, the rear passenger matts. Not a 50/50 style per se, but one matt that was done, vs one that was just vacuumed. There is a difference, and it is improved.

I kept wiping and flipping the towel to a fresh side. I did this until I felt it was enough and there was less dirt coming off.

And a final side by side. Picture doesn’t do it justice. But I’m sure even here, you can still see a difference.

Conclusion: One thing I should mention: Work in an area with proper ventilation. When I first started, I was working out of the hatch area of the Kia Sportage. Think of it as a cave. Not good. I coughed a little and thought maybe I needed better ventilation. I opened one door and I didn’t cough after that. While maybe the scent of the BLACKFIRE Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner isn’t harsh, it may still be strong enough to affect your breathing. Work safe

Okay. This stuff is good. I liked that I didn’t bring out the Little Green Machine and got results that are better than just vacuuming, and bring more black to the matts. I couldn’t help but think I should have cleaned the matts this way sooner. Then again, I don’t like doing interiors.

For as quick as this went, and the results I got from it, I’m very happy with the cleaner.

Another great product from Blackfire.
    Link.... https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-c...y-cleaner.html

2. Thanks The Guz, Diner, MattPersman thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, MattPersman, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: BLACKFIRE Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner

Just a quick update. Here's a pic of the generic mat 2 weeks later, very much dry. For easier comparison, I'm including a pic of how it looked when I started.

Not bad for a quick process!!

4. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice review!
    Jim

6. Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Nice review!