autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Plex Pro Plastic Cleaner and Protectorant

This is a review of the new Blackfire Plex Pro Plastic Cleaner and Protectorant. Meghan was kind enough to send this product out with my latest order and I have had the chance to use the product on two recent details. The first was the soft top windows of a 2015 Jeep Wrangler and the second was the windscreen of a 2015 Harley Davidson Trike motorcycle. In both instances the product performed excellent and will probably be in my detail arsenal from now on.

Product Description:

Blackfire Plex Pro is the perfect solution to the problem that many detailers run into frequently, dull, dirty, and dinged plastic. Blackfire Plex Pro can be used to not only thoroughly clean your plastic surfaces, but protect them from future damage, mess, and fogging as well! Because Blackfire Plex Pro doesn’t use any harsh chemicals or abrasives, you won’t have to worry about any potential damage cause during the cleaning/protecting process!

Blackfire Plex Pro was designed to act as a barrier between your plastic surfaces and the contaminants that it attracts. Blackfire Plex Pro has an anti-static quality to it that will ensure your plastic not only stops attracting dust, but actively REPELS dust away!

This repelling effect is not just confined to dust, Blackfire Plex Pro prevents all sort of unsightly things from finding their way onto your plastic surfaces. Streaks, smudges, dirt, and even fog will be effectively repelled from your plastic surfaces with the use of Blackfire Plex Pro!

Cost: $14.99
    Aersol Can

Application:

I applied
    Blackfire PLex Pro Plastic Cleaner and Protectorant with a soft short nap micro fiber towel on to the plastic surface to be cleaned. Blackfire PLex Pro Plastic Cleaner and Protectorant claims to leave behind some form of protection on the plastic surface to make it easier to clean and maintain in the future. The product is aerosol based and is released in a foam form. You want to be careful spraying as it can disperse over other surfaces. The product does come out of the can rather quickly so small amounts of product are needed on the plastics. I worked Blackfire Plex Pro Plastic Cleaner and Protectorant into the plastic surface with a quick wipe and followed up with a second micro fiber towel. Blackfire Plex Pro Plastic Cleaner and Protectorant left the plastic clean, streak free, and with no scratches to the surface.

This feel this product would be excellent for use on convertible plastic windows, soft top windows, and motorcycle windscreens or even dash clusters. It can also be used on the following surfaces.

• Acrylic plastics
    • Clear plastics
    • Colored plastics
    • Plexiglas
    • Lexan
    • Polycarbonates
    • Headlights
    • Windscreens

I feel
    Blackfire Plex Pro Plastic Cleaner and Protectorant offers a safe and effective and safe way to clean plastic surfaces without fear on inducing scratching or marring to soft plastic material. The product will last for sometime since a little goes a long way. I also liked that the product was in a foam and clings to the surface making cleaning much easier.

Pictures:

2015 Harley Davidson Windscreen
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Likes JustJesus, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Plex Pro Plastic Cleaner and Protectorant

I've tried it, and believe everyone should have one!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great review Pat!

Post Thanks / Like

It works very well on eyeglasses with plastic lenses too! NO streaking or smearing!

RamAirV1