autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Uber Iron Remover Review

This is a review of the new Wolfgang Uber Iron Remover. Winter is fast approaching here in the Northeast and to prep for the winter months I change out my XD Monster wheels on my 2012 Jeep Sahara back to the stock rims. The XD Monsters are a matte black finish and the amount brine and salt used on the roads would really take it's toll on these wheels. Meghan was kind enough to send out a bottle of the new Wolfgang Iron Remover and I was excited to give it a try as part of my winter Jeep prep.

Product Description:

Wolfgang Uber Iron Remover
    Cost: 24.99 for 16 ounces

Wolfgang Iron Remover is designed to make quick works of the pesky iron particles that collect and ruin your paint surfaces. Wolfgang Iron Remover was developed using a formula that changes colors as it pulls iron contaminates from your paint, that way you can see it working. You can use it on more than just paint though! Wolfgang Iron Remover will also expertly remove iron and brake dust from your glass surfaces and your wheels as well!

Prep:

I cleaned the wheels using Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner and cleaned the tires with Super Clean at 3:1. I applied Wolfgang Uber Iron Remover to the wheels and let sit per the directions for 5 minutes. The wheels are matte black so it is kind of difficult to see the color change on the wheel surface but I had the wheels tilted back and could immediately see the color change on the concrete from the run off. The results were pretty dramatic considering I clean the wheels regularly and coat them every spring/winter and maintain with McKees Hydro Blue or Carpro Hydro2. The wheels were wiped down with Wolfgang Uber Paint Prep and coated with Pinnacle Black Label Wheel Coating.

Final Thoughts:

Wolfgang Uber Iron Remover did a fantastic job on the decontamination of my XD Monster wheels. The color change was very evident. The smell of Wolfgang Uber Iron Remover is on par with most other iron removers on the market. I have been told that there the smell is needed from the chemical needed for the iron removal. In the end the scent was bearable and not a game changer. The price point of Wolfgang Uber Iron Remover is slightly higher compared to other iron removers on the market like Carpro Ironx, Optimum Ferrex, and McKees37 Iron Remover. However for someone that is looking to stay within the Wolfgang product line this product in on par with the other great products that Wolfgang has released.

Pictures:

Applied to wheel and waiting 5 minutes per directions

Significant color change

Prepped and ready for Spring !!!!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Thanks Bruno Soares thanked for this post
    Likes Maxreed241, The Guz, JustJesus, Breese147 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Uber Iron Remover Review

Thanks for the review Pat and I love those wheels!!