autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Re-discovered Optimum Hyper Polish.....

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Yeah, the OPT polishes are good products that don't get much attention.

I agree...the only problem is, at least for me, I wind up spraying as much polish on the pad as I do on my arm, the polisher, the car, the side of the house, etc. Also, a lot of people complain about the sprayers breaking, I had never had that problem, only some clogging since I don't use them that often, but last time I used my GPS I was kind of stunned when the sprayer broke. I think it may have been clogged, usually a good squeeze unclogs the polishes, maybe the sealant in GPS clogs it harder...

Which one? It seems like they have had 6 compounds (nobody remembers the first OPT polishes from 10+ years ago that were optimized for rotary, including a non-sprayable Hyper Compound). Then they had the blue Hyper Compound, then the orange, then they changed the orange to "Intensive Compound" and came out with a new white Hyper Compound.
    The newest white sprayable. Doesn’t cut all that great and finishes terrible, at least for me.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    The newest white sprayable. Doesn’t cut all that great and finishes terrible, at least for me.
    I've never used that one, seems to me someone else had similar experience, unless it was you, LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some hyper Polish last year when i got my new truck. Have to say I love it. No issues working in the sun, can correct and still finish well, etc. Easy to remove before gloss coat too.

Just used it again over the weekend and still love it. Did they change the COMPOUND or the POLISH? I hate when companies "improve" products into something worse, hopefully I don't need to find another favorite polish.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris11le View Post
    I bought some hyper Polish last year when i got my new truck. Have to say I love it. No issues working in the sun, can correct and still finish well, etc. Easy to remove before gloss coat too.

Just used it again over the weekend and still love it. Did they change the COMPOUND or the POLISH? I hate when companies "improve" products into something worse, hopefully I don't need to find another favorite polish.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Hyper Polish has not changed in a long time. You have the most recent. It’s the compound they’ve changed several times. All the compounds have finished horribly, IMO. Ironic, because the polish finishes so very good!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Hyper Polish has not changed in a long time. You have the most recent. It’s the compound they’ve changed several times.
    It looks like it was 2014 when they changed the polish from pink to blue, and changed the compound from blue to orange (there were formula changes as well as the color...they were trying to color-code the polishes to the recommended Optimum waffle pad). Then in 2015 they renamed the orange Hyper Compound to Intensive Polish, and came out with a new, white, Hyper Compound. Time flies. While looking that up I came across some forgotten forum names...BuiltHatch, VP Mark, etc.

6. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like it was 2014 when they changed the polish from pink to blue, and changed the compound from blue to orange (there were formula changes as well as the color...they were trying to color-code the polishes to the recommended Optimum waffle pad). Then in 2015 they renamed the orange Hyper Compound to Intensive Polish, and came out with a new, white, Hyper Compound. Time flies. While looking that up I came across some forgotten forum names...BuiltHatch, VP Mark, etc.
    LOL....you're exactly right.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Also, a lot of people complain about the sprayers breaking, I had never had that problem, only some clogging since I don't use them that often, but last time I used my GPS I was kind of stunned when the sprayer broke. I think it may have been clogged, usually a good squeeze unclogs the polishes, maybe the sealant in GPS clogs it harder.
    You can’t let GPS sit around. It will harden on you probably within a year or two. AG used to sell GPS by the gallon. They don’t anymore. The hardening issue is probably the reason why.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    You can’t let GPS sit around. It will harden on you probably within a year or two. AG used to sell GPS by the gallon. They don’t anymore. The hardening issue is probably the reason why.
    Well, that may be, but I think the reason they don't sell GPS by the gallon is the same reason they don't sell any of the OPT polishes by the gallon or half-gallon anymore--because they don't sell.

Post Thanks / Like

If you haven't tried wet wiping with ONR, you are missing out. One of the easiest ways to get the polish off and leave the paint without marring.

HUMP
    Carolina Auto Image
    Upstate South Carolina - Premium Exclusive Automotive Reconditioning
    info@carolinaautoimage.com

11. Likes Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HUMP DIESEL View Post
    If you haven't tried wet wiping with ONR, you are missing out. One of the easiest ways to get the polish off and leave the paint without marring.

HUMP
    What's your process of wet wiping with ONR ?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast