autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Iron Remover Review

This is a review of the new Blackfire's Pro Detailers Choice Iron Remover. Meghan was kind enough to include a bottle in my last order and I was very excited to try it out. I got up early this morning and was greeted to a nice cloudy and cool day. This was the perfect opportunity to try Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Iron Remover on my 2015 Dodge Ram with no worries of the product drying in the sun. I typically decon my truck twice a year and was pretty impressed with the amount of decontamination that Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Iron Remover was able to pull off of my truck considering it had just been clayed within the last 2 months.

Product Description:

BLACKFIRE Iron Remover is an easy-to-use, chemical paint decontamination product designed to remove large amount of iron and industrial fallout from your painted surfaces and wheels. The color-changing formula indicates proper application as the product changes from clear to purple as paint contaminants are removed! Paint decontamination is needed on even the newest cars; you can’t achieve a proper shine and finish without it! BLACKFIRE Iron Remover means less hard work for you, and a quicker detail time overall!

Cost: $39,99 for 32 ounces

Application:

Per the instructions and Mike Phillips recommendation I applied Blackfire's Pro Detailers Choice Iron Remover to a dry surface and allowed the product to dwell for about 3-5 minutes. The product has a nice gel like consistency that works great in clinging to the panels and not intermediately running off. After 3 minutes I noticed an immediate purple color change and a nice breakdown of the ferrous metals on the paint surface. The product rinsed very clean with my pressure washer.

Observations and Thoughts:

1. Scent-This was probably one of the greatest differences I noticed with Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Iron Remover compared to other iron removers. This product has no harsh "chemical or overpowering" odor. The scent is somewhat chemical in nature but is mild and does not hit you in the face or linger like other similar products.

2. Effectiveness-As you can see in the below pictures Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Iron Remover did a fantastic job of pulling the ferrous metal contaminants from my vehicle. It rinsed very clean and was a pleasure to use.

3. Cost- I feel that Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Iron Remover is priced just a tad bit higher than other comparable iron remover product on the market like Geyon, Carpro, and Nanoskin.

4. Conclusion-Overall I think that Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Iron Remover did a fantastic job and I would reach for this product again. I feel that the biggest feature that stands out with this product is the lack of "harsh odor" compared to other iron remover products. For someone that is looking for an iron remover product that is easy to use, does a great job, and has a nice scent I feel that Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Iron Remover fits the bill perfectly.

Pictures:

Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Iron Remover Review

Your comment regarding the product drying in the sun brings up a question I've always had with this type of product: If you have no shaded area to wash a vehicle, how do you use this stuff without it drying? Most days I have a hard enough time avoiding water spots while washing, let alone trying to deal with a product which is suppsed to dwell on the surface for a few minutes.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Your comment regarding the product drying in the sun brings up a question I've always had with this type of product: If you have no shaded area to wash a vehicle, how do you use this stuff without it drying? Most days I have a hard enough time avoiding water spots while washing, let alone trying to deal with a product which is suppsed to dwell on the surface for a few minutes.
    Best way would be when the sun was down or do it panel by panel....
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

5. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve found that the Iron decon products don’t dry incredibly fast. I’ve used the Mckees version in the sun and let it dwell 5 mins and didn’t have any issues with drying.

7. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Likes Desertnate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Best way would be when the sun was down or do it panel by panel....
    For the panel-by-panel approach, do you simply flood each pannel very carefully to rinse off the product, yet keep the surrounding un-treated areas dry?
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Pat. You comment on the scent has peaked my interest. That is the one thing I truly dislike about iron removers. The “gel” like consistency sounds like a nice feature also. Thanks for taking the time to post this up!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered the gallon + 32oz bottle deal!

Post Thanks / Like

Given I live in Florida sun is a constant battle. I spray the whole vehicle and when I notice the product drying out I'll mist a tiny bit of water on the affected area. Works for me and the miniscule amount of water misted on the vehicle doesn't seem to affect the iron remover.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I break the car into 3 or 4 sections and do 1 section at a time. I also put the hose sprayer on mist setting and will keep lightly misting that section when it starts to look dry until I am satisfied with the dwell time