autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rupes LK900E

Post Thanks / Like

Rupes LK900E

Rupes LK900E Review

I’m a polisher/machine nerd and have wanted to try Rupes new entry into the forced rotation scene. I picked up a LK900E.
    It has the same Rupes quality/build that can be expected of all their products. It feels very balanced and comfortable. It comes with 2 backing plates.

Let’s try this thing out! I used this machine on the last detail job I did. The 2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat.

It took a bit to get used to the ‘backwards’ rotation compared to my Flex 3401’s, but once I did, it really performed well. I will say that it seems/sounds like it is ‘faster’ in rotation compared to the Flex 3401, but I have nothing scientific to back this up. Just from my eyes/ears. It was comfortable to use during the many hours of correction that I used it for. I like the location of the controls and the ergo's seem good!

Overall I am happy with my new acquisition!

Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

2. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95, Ronin47, Aaryn NZ, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes LK900E

I like that Rupes puts a 5 and a 6 inch backing plate in the box! It’s funny you say “backwards” lol. That’s a common complaint of the 3401. I was one that was hesitant about getting a 3401 back I the day cuz it was spinning backwards. Fact is that I was just being stubborn and now knowing what I know, it doesn’t make a difference as long as it indeed spins.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I like that Rupes puts a 5 and a 6 inch backing plate in the box! It’s funny you say “backwards” lol. That’s a common complaint of the 3401. I was one that was hesitant about getting a 3401 back I the day cuz it was spinning backwards. Fact is that I was just being stubborn and now knowing what I know, it doesn’t make a difference as long as it indeed spins.
    The counter rotation of the 3401 never bothered me. Ever.

5. Likes Dr Oldz, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the latest addition to the team Scott.

The Hellcat came out remarkable too I must say.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new addition. You took the initial usage better than I did and I would say that's likely due in part to you using their pads from the get-go whereby I waited and learned the hard way. (I'm assuming you did that is)

Looking forward to your continued impressions and great work with it.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Flex 3401 and hate that the polisher really takes a lot out of you to "control" it. This is with the pad flat. I'm tempted to buy the Mille, but hesitant that it might feel the same way.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    I have a Flex 3401 and hate that the polisher really takes a lot out of you to "control" it. This is with the pad flat. I'm tempted to buy the Mille, but hesitant that it might feel the same way.
    It won't if you use their pads. IMO it has nothing to do with the buffer Both units are transmitting power/torque to the surface but the pads composition is key. If I put my hybrid force pads on my mille with the appropriate backing plate size wise, it feels and behaves like my Flex 3401. I am not sure if the reverse would be true, that is to size and use the Rupes pads on the Flex. I have a smaller backing plate for my flex so it may be worth a comparison. Hmmm...
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

10. Likes WRAPT C5Z06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    It won't if you use their pads. IMO it has nothing to do with the buffer Both units are transmitting power/torque to the surface but the pads composition is key. If I put my hybrid force pads on my mille with the appropriate backing plate size wise, it feels and behaves like my Flex 3401. I am not sure if the reverse would be true, that is to size and use the Rupes pads on the Flex. I have a smaller backing plate for my flex so it may be worth a comparison. Hmmm...
    Does the 3401 with hybrid pads behave like the Mille with Rupes pads? Do the Rupes wool pads work well with the Mille?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Does the 3401 with hybrid pads behave like the Mille with Rupes pads?
    No. The Rupes Mille with their dedicated pads is way way smoother than the Flex with Hybrid pads.

Do the Rupes wool pads work well with the Mille?
    They work okay. In comparison their medium wool vs Purple or Blue Lake Country Pads on the 3401, the Flex corrects far better and faster. Thus why I have mentioned somewhere on this forum that I have since really only used my Flex for compounding. All One-Step polishing and AIO work I've moved to the Mille.

13. Thanks WRAPT C5Z06 thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    No. The Rupes Mille with their dedicated pads is way way smoother than the Flex with Hybrid pads.

They work okay. In comparison their medium wool vs Purple or Blue Lake Country Pads on the 3401, the Flex corrects far better and faster. Thus why I have mentioned somewhere on this forum that I have since really only used my Flex for compounding. All One-Step polishing and AIO work I've moved to the Mille.
    Give the Rupes Blue Wool Coarse pads a try on the Mille.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast