autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire si02 spray after 2 months

Quote Originally Posted by Jon TDS View Post
    Wow! What was the process in between? Rinseless wash? No lsp or spray sealant added?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
    Touchless wash bi-weekly, then wipe down at home......a couple sprtzes of bf si02 on the waffle weave on the wipe down, not a lot, literally like two.....
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Would you happen to know how this sealant compares to Crystal Seal? Is it way better in terms of durability? And can you apply it to smooth trim and plastics like headlights/taillights?

Post Thanks / Like

Very similar to the crystal seal. I was an avid user of Crystal for years, and I'd still be using it except it's discontinued. I like the SIO2 from black flower, but I don't think it's any better than the Crystal seal. I really like both. Just like crystal seal, you can do all your trim and durability is about the same

The only real difference is that I can see, and this is very minor, is the SIo2 does not flash off as fast and therefore you can see where you've been, which sometimes with Crystal Was hard.

Again just my opinion, we all see things differently.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Glen. I too like crystal seal...and was shocked to find out they discontinued it...wondered if the newer stuff was truly an improvement...

Post Thanks / Like

The durability on this stuff is top shelf worthy. I've been amazed. Not overly glossy, but the beading lasts forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZpolisher15 View Post
    The durability on this stuff is top shelf worthy. I've been amazed. Not overly glossy, but the beading lasts forever.
    Good to know! I am shooting for the 25th of this month for my spring detail. I have off the 25th thru the 28th.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I normally "wax" with speed then top with Colonite 476, can I just use this like a "spray wax" either after the wash or after waxing with my normal combo?

Researching going "coatings" as I'd really like to extend my protection & wash intervals, as the speed/476 combo lasts about 2 months with very little contaminates imbedded but I have lots of square footage to maintain and it's a never ending loop of washing & waxing all year round with all the vehicles, trailer, & boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAdetailer View Post
    I normally "wax" with speed then top with Colonite 476, can I just use this like a "spray wax" either after the wash or after waxing with my normal combo?

Researching going "coatings" as I'd really like to extend my protection & wash intervals, as the speed/476 combo lasts about 2 months with very little contaminates imbedded but I have lots of square footage to maintain and it's a never ending loop of washing & waxing all year round with all the vehicles, trailer, & boat.
    You can use this as a spray wax after washes with your normal routine. I’ve heard it doesn’t last as long on wax, but should help longevity overall regardless.

If you go the coating route then this should top well on most of them.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been using BF SiO2 for about 8 months now, really like it. Never used an SiO2 product before this one. I have the BF synthetic spray wax as well. Maybe yiu guys could answer this for me. Can I use the spray wax as a touch up or after wash wipe down and then use the SiO2 every once in a while, to get that slick gloss back. Would the 2 products interchange with out having to strip it off and start over? Would there be any bonding issues?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MagsH2 View Post
    I’ve been using BF SiO2 for about 8 months now, really like it. Never used an SiO2 product before this one. I have the BF synthetic spray wax as well. Maybe yiu guys could answer this for me. Can I use the spray wax as a touch up or after wash wipe down and then use the SiO2 every once in a while, to get that slick gloss back. Would the 2 products interchange with out having to strip it off and start over? Would there be any bonding issues?
    I’ve interchanged the two. I believe they use similar polymers, they look somewhat similar with the Blackfire look, just the SiO2 Spray being glossier and beading better... applying the synthetic on top of SiO2 inbetween washes may reduce beading a bit but shouldn’t drastically change the look and should add overall longevity. They should be synergistic together. You just may miss the beading/cleaning benefits of the SiO2 Spray.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast