autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

BLACKFIRE One Step

Alright so BlackFire One Step is an AIO product (All In One), these type of products are generally used when a enthusiast or a professional detailer is performing a “Paint Enhancement”.

AIO Products Start off as an abrasive compound and slowly work their way down to a finishing polish and lastly leaving a form of protection whether it be a wax or synthetic sealant, in this case BlackFire’s One Step leaves behind a high-grade synthetic sealant for its form of protection.

Ok so now that we know what a AIO product is and that BlackFire One Step is a AIO product let’s talk more about this product itself and the testing that I have done here.

As you can see in the photos I have a test panel to work on which is just a cookie sheet that has been sprayed and clear coated for testing purposes and to show our potential customers that come into our shop exactly what Paint Enhancements,Paint Corrections,Waxes,Sealants,Ceramic Coatings and so one can actually do for a vehicles finish. When you’re going to be doing any type of machine polishing you’re going to want to go ahead and get a nice thorough wash/decontamination of the vehicle itself in this case since I’m using a test panel I’ll just be doing a IPA wipe down, which would also be a good idea if your going to be preforming any type of correction to a vehicles paint.

So after examining the test panels finish you can see that there are heavy swirls/scratches in the panel, i ending up using a Megs Microfiber Cutting Disc with my Rupes Mark II 15mm Dual Action Polisher and apply 4 dots of the product onto the pad and rub them in to prime the fibers of the microfiber cutting disc to ensure that I’m getting the full effect of the product and pad.

During the polishing process I noticed that there was little to no dusting from the product which is always a good thing! I only did one cycle on the panel using the crosshatch method and did about 3 passes but I really just keep an eye on the product while your polishing and you can see when it’s started to breakdown into its finishing polish stage.

Once you are finished polishing one section make sure you clean your pad before working another section! I can not stress this part enough, I like to keep a bucket with a spray bottle of water next to me and blow my pad out with air into the bucket after every cycle... I spray the inside of the bucket with water before blowing the pad out to help keep product from landing everywhere and landing on the vehicle.

Helpful tips aside I once again I examined the paint with my Scangrip Pen to see how well this AIO product has work, and as you can see it has worked extremely well yes there are a couple RID’s (Random Isolated Defects) but then again this is a AIO product and that is expected on a painted finish that was this bad.

In conclusion with my review of this product and determining if BLACKFIRE One Step is worth other professional detailers and enthusiast detailers buying the product and being happy with the results it provides I would say yes, it’s definitely worth taking a look into and is a great product for professional detailers to use on their “Full Detail” Services or enthusiast detailers looking to remove light-medium swirls and scratches from there vehicles while at the same time leaving behind a form of protection that last 3-4 months.

AutoGeek Offers this product in 32oz,1 gallon, and 5 gallon containers I’ll be sure to provide the link to the product below for those that are interested in purchasing!, I hope everyone enjoys my first review/write up with many more to come in the future and also I am by no means a professional writer so please bare with me on this journey as I will get better over time and help provide you all with quality,helpful, and honest reviews from a professional detailers point of view! Thank you and I hope you all have a great day!.

- BLACKFIRE Product Page
    BLACKFIRE Pro Detailers Choice Car Care Products, Midnight Sun Car Wax, black fire car wax

- BLACKFIRE One Step 32oz Bottle
    BLACKFIRE One Step, BLACKFIRE Total Polish & Seal, polish and wax, cleaner wax, car polish

- BLACKFIRE One Step 1 Gallon Container BLACKFIRE Total Polish & Seal, BLACKFIRE One Step

- BLACKFIRE 5 Gallon Container
    BLACKFIRE One Step 5 Gallon

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Likes cullen2505 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BLACKFIRE One Step

It’s an awesome AIO for sure. My current favorite. Very nice write up.

When using an AIO, I would be very hesitant about using a MF pad tho, as you can get DA instilled Micro-Marring. Unless you want to do another step to refine the micro Marring thus defeating the purpose of a one step product.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    It’s an awesome AIO for sure. My current favorite. Very nice write up.

When using an AIO, I would be very hesitant about using a MF pad tho, as you can get DA instilled Micro-Marring. Unless you want to do another step to refine the micro Marring thus defeating the purpose of a one step product.
    Microfiber also allows for maximum cut, as you can see in the photo the finish has heavy scratches and swirls which even a heavy cut foam pad will not remove as much as a microfiber pad will. This was only one cycle with a microfiber pad, with a foam you would have to do 2-3 cycles to get the results which the microfiber will give in one cycle so really using foam will take longer but hey the results on this finish where 95%

Post Thanks / Like

Looks incredible. Nice job!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Greco View Post
    Microfiber also allows for maximum cut, as you can see in the photo the finish has heavy scratches and swirls which even a heavy cut foam pad will not remove as much as a microfiber pad will. This was only one cycle with a microfiber pad, with a foam you would have to do 2-3 cycles to get the results which the microfiber will give in one cycle so really using foam will take longer but hey the results on this finish where 95%

I’m well aware that a MF cuts better. I’m just giving you a heads up about Micro Marring. If you looking to use an AIO for 100% correction then perhaps you should upsell to a 2 or 3 step polish job.

But back on topic, BF one step cuts really well for an AIO and finishes great.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

BLACKFIRE One Step

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I’m well aware that a MF cuts better. I’m just giving you a heads up about Micro Marring. If you looking to use an AIO for 100% correction then perhaps you should upsell to a 2 or 3 step polish job.

But back on topic, BF one step cuts really well for an AIO and finishes great.
    Thanks, I’m aware theses reviews are sponsored by Autogeek which send us products to do the write-ups for them, I have more to come stay tuned! They can also be found on the Facebook Detailing 101 Group!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice write up, thank you.

9. Likes Aaron Greco liked this post