autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quik Review - Sonax Spray + Seal

1st of all, thanks Mike P. for sending this out for me to try.Quik Review - Sonax Spray + Seal

Sort of perfect timing as I just decontaminated my daily driver about 5 days ago with the Nanomitt but didn’t have time to finish the job and lay down any protection.

Last night I was halfways done giving my car a waterless wash w/WG Uber when I came inside to grab a drink and noticed a package had arrived. Inside was a bottle of Sonax Spray + Seal.

I finished wiping down the rest of the car with Megs D114 to try to have as bare of a surface as possible for this new product.. Once the car was clean I rinsed it with the hose and did notice a bit of beading action from the WG Uber, but it quickly died down after a bit of steady rinsing, which was good news.

Here’s what it looked like. Just bare paint, no beading.

Now that the car’s wet, it time to spray the Sonax. About 3-4 sprays for each side of the hood. [hood on the Cadillac is Xtra large]

Set the bottle down and grab the hose... No time to wait. Rinse.

Well wuddwa know... It actually works. That was fast!

I must say I’m somewhat impressed by this beading, especially when I consider how easy it was to apply this product. The beading is actually a notch above the typical weak beading I see from most products out there. This ain’t too shaby.

Next I went ahead and sprayed my windshield. It tuned white foam during the rinse so I guess it worked, however my windshield was beading before I sprayed the product on [doesn’t everybody’s glass bead on its own?] and I couldn’t really see a dramatic increase in beading during the rinse off.

Lastly I tried it on my wheels. I cleaned my wheels with Wheel Brightener before I did anything to ensure they were as clean as possible before using the Sonax spray... Here’s what they looked like just before spraying the Sonax on them.

And this is after...

...I honestly saw no real difference or advantage to be had on my wheels. They basically look and behave the same. Similar to the glass, I really don’t see a change. I dunno.. I didn’t even bother spraying the Sonax on the other 2 wheels.

-So in conclusion, when it comes to the paint, this stuff definitely lives up to its claims. Respectable beading and if this were to be used after every bucket wash I could definitely see how this product could be used as standalone protection for a vehicle.

I’ll try to see how long this single application can last and will try to provide you guys with a future update. Thanks for reading.Quik Review - Sonax Spray + Seal

2. Thanks Diner, JustJesus, VitreousHumor, Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quik Review - Sonax Spray + Seal

Cool review. Products like these definitely pique my interest Quik Review - Sonax Spray + Seal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Thanks for the review Ric, keep playing with it...

I really like this product and use it after each wash and rinse of the Golden Eagle!

6. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great reviewQuik Review - Sonax Spray + Seal
    applied sonax spray seal to the whole vehicle and the seal surface feel so slick Quik Review - Sonax Spray + Seal

8. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review Eldo

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk
    2014 Toyota Venza LE-Attitude Black Metallic
    2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 - Royal Red Metallic
    2006 Honda Odyssey EXL - Slate Green Metallic

10. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Thanks for the review Ric, keep playing with it...

I really like this product and use it after each wash and rinse of the Golden Eagle!

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’m impressed with the initial results on the paint. Even though I knew what to expect the actual results and witnessing how fast they happen exceeded my expectations. And something about the way the water behaves gives me a feeling this layer is a notch above the standard spray and wipe “spray waxes” that have been popular for a while and are generally priced below this product.

I’ve just never been sold on the whole “apply this to the glass to make it bead”
    IME glass always has and always will bead on its own.Quik Review - Sonax Spray + Seal

But if it can prevent contaminants from bonding to the glass... Well then that would definitely prove useful, because around here contaminants seem to bond to my exterior glass pretty fast. I’ll take your advice and keep playing with it.Quik Review - Sonax Spray + Seal

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review and write up and pictures!

Will be fun to follow how the longevity is in your environment.

/Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Update: It’s been 9 days since I applied the Sonax Spray & Seal and today was the 1st time I washed it in any way.

Still beading and pretty good too. Alot better than something like HD Speed would be at this point, I can guarantee that for sure. Not bad standing alone.

14. Thanks Diner, JustJesus, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, fly07sti, Diner, osiapstndp, GEM65 and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New update: It’s been 11 days since I applied the Sonax Spray & Seal...

Last night I was polishing the glass on 1 of the vehicles here at home and I thought about the windows on my Cadillac and how I noticed some specks of contaminants that wouldn’t come off this past weekend while I was cleaning the glass... So I cleaned the glass and did a baggie test and sure enough, it failed. The glass on my daily driver always gets contaminants bonding to it fast.

That got me curious about how the paint was doing, so I did a quik waterless wash with Megs D114 and what’d ya know... It failed the baggie test and failed it pretty bad.Quik Review - Sonax Spray + Seal

After just 11 days of the Sonax Spray & Seal, I clayed my trunklid..

And this is what it picked up.

Close up view.

Here’s what it picked up on the hood.

Just to make sure this wasn’t a fluke, I’m going to give it another chance. After claying and getting the paint perfectly smooth, I wiped the panels down with Blackfire Paint Prep.

And re applied the Sonax Spray & Seal... I’ll be back with an update in about a week or so.

16. Thanks Diner, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes GEM65, Maxreed241, SWETM, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Wow!

What's in the air where you live?

When I taught the class at 3D in Santa Clarita, we washed a Audi Convertible, I forget the model but a newer car. After washing and drying we parked it until we were finished with the first two cars in the garage staged for detailing. (we detailed 6 cars that day)

The white Audi was parked outside exposed to the JUNK IN THE AIR IN CALIFORNIA for about 3 hours.

After pulling the car in, I wiped a white towel over the hood and turned it over and it was covered with black dust.

So what's in the air in California?

Pretty nasty for only 3 hours at our class.

18. Likes SWETM, Maxreed241, dlc95, VitreousHumor liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast