autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

303 Trim restorer and protectant, great stuff.

I really regret not getting any pictures. I used this product on my wife's 2015 F-150 back in mid 2016 because the Texas sun had already started to fade the trim. It still looks pretty good 2 years later. It's about time to reapply. That was fairly new trim though.

This last weekend I used it on a 2007 Explorer. It was a nutty up job so I didn't take any pictures. The trim was badly faded, it's black textured plastic on the running boards and on the rear bumper under the tailgate. The truck is 11 years old, outside it's entire life and had never even seen a coat if wax obviously the trim was neglected and fairly faded. I cleaned it good then applied the product, you don't have to make sure it's perfectly even, just put it on with the applicator that comes with it. Be careful not to get it on glass or paint and if you do remove it immediately, if it cures has to be polished or sanded off. I let it sit then applied a second coat because they still looked dull and partially faded. The results were incredible. Nice dark rich looking finish, like new trim not over the top shiney.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how long this lasts on the older trim. Other than where you step on the running boards I'm expecting 12-24 months. You can spend a lot of money on trim "coating" or you can spend 13.99 on this product and have enough to do at least 5-10 vehicles.

I also tried the new 303 finishing polish and really liked that. Performed great, wiped off easily, and even smelled good. Even with a cabinet full of polishes and compounds with the performance of their other products I think I'll be trying their regular polish and compound.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, PaulMys, swanicyouth, PA DETAILER liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 303 Trim restorer and protectant, great stuff.

Thanks for the heads up Dave, I'll have to give some more of these 303 Products a try, with this one in particular. Lots of hidden gems here, and leave it to you to find them!

I gather Dave that this product is one that it can be used on any color trim, and does not contain dyes such as Solution Finish?

Post Thanks / Like

Their Convertible top cleaner works great too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Dave, I'll have to give some more of these 303 Products a try, with this one in particular. Lots of hidden gems here, and leave it to you to find them!

I gather Dave that this product is one that it can be used on any color trim, and does not contain dyes such as Solution Finish?
    Right, no dyes. 303 makes some great products. My brother-in-law was actually a rep for them back in the 80's when they first started retailing their protectant.

I have a neighbor who has a Dodge Ram there is a piece of plastic at the base of the antenna and it's faded so bad that it's pretty much white. I'm going to try it on that next to see how much color it will restore.

With so many well known brands of polishes and compounds I think theirs is overlooked by many. A hard market to break into. I haven't tried any if their products I don't like. I also used the convertible top product and really liked them. The prices are very fair for the quality of their products.

6. Likes Chopper280 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    With so many well known brands of polishes and compounds I think theirs is overlooked by many. A hard market to break into. I haven't tried any if their products I don't like. I also used the convertible top product and really liked them. The prices are very fair for the quality of their products.
    I think we can thank a member here for these new 303 products, his name escapes me but he works for the parent company that acquired 303 in 2012, and IIRC he was trying to steer them towards products we here would like.

8. Likes DaveT435 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used the trim protectant long ago. I agree to not get it on paint or glass since it is a pain to remove. The one thing I did not like about it was that it streaked. Especially on smooth trim. I ended up chucking it along with other products after I lightly organized the garage cabinets. I’m not sure if it was ever reformulated.

The polish you sent me seems pretty good even though I only used it on this fender to test it out.

10. Likes DaveT435 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I used the trim protectant long ago. I agree to not get it on paint or glass since it is a pain to remove. The one thing I did not like about it was that it streaked. Especially on smooth trim. I ended up chucking it along with other products after I lightly organized the garage cabinets. I’m not sure if it was ever reformulated.

The polish you sent me seems pretty good even though I only used it on this fender to test it out.

I don't know if it's been reformulated or not. I didn't use it on smooth plastic, on the textured plastic I just worked it in and left it. After the first coat there were still a couple spots that were a little faded, just covered it again and it ended up perfect. No streaks, no dark spots, just a nice dark even finish.

The fender definitely looks good. Does the polish smell as good as the finishing polish?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if it's been reformulated or not. I didn't use it on smooth plastic, on the textured plastic I just worked it in and left it. After the first coat there were still a couple spots that were a little faded, just covered it again and it ended up perfect. No streaks, no dark spots, just a nice dark even finish.

The fender definitely looks good. Does the polish smell as good as the finishing polish?
    The scent is similar between both polishes. I can hardly detect any scent which is a good thing. Step 2 polish worked pretty well at polishing chrome exhaust tips.

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful not to get it on glass or paint and if you do remove it immediately, if it cures has to be polished or sanded off.
    I’m having a hard time picturing how this would actually look so bad considering this product doesn’t contain any sort of black dye... I’m assuming it has the consistency of a creamy white or clear lotion that disappears into the plastic trim? What does it look like when it happens to get on paint for longer than it should?

It seems like it would be a near disaster if someone would unknowingly try to dress their weatherstripping with this stuff. Just imagine all the product that could accidentally wind up in the door jambs if someone didn’t know to be that careful...

Post Thanks / Like

The 303 is a very good trim restorer. I only use it on hard textured plastic. You have plenty of time to clean up your mistakes getting it on the paint and glass. Just pay attention and clean it up right away.

I will use this when I felt the restorative affect of M37, WETS, UTTG or AF Revive would be too short lived on bad plastic trim and wanted something a bit longer lasting, but the customer did not want to pay extra for a coating like DLUX, C4/C1, Gyeon Trim.

I have used it a few times on top of Solutions Finish (black) with success. No dye was pulled out when applying the 303.

It is definitely better than the Armor All Trim Restorer and TW Trim Restorer products. I do like to use the AA Trim Restorer on wheel well plastic liners if I can get my hands in there. Simple, cheap, lasts for months, and does not collect any dust. There's no special beading, but the wheel wells do to stay cleaner with an even appearance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast