autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: snow foam test : poorboys super slick snow foam

Quote Originally Posted by gspam1 View Post
    I think he performs a valuable service in that he tests all these snow foams and most have only a slight benefit over just plain pressure washing. So I don't foam before pressure washing anymore.
    Yes, as I noted earlier, I think that's a valuable lesson.

I'm anxious to see if the new Griot's Surface Prep actually removes dirt and traffic film without a contact wash.
    Yes, that will be interesting...based on my personal experience and the OP's videos...I'm a little skeptical.

Griots has posted on their website that they had to pull it because it was damaging the bottles it came in.
    Yikes! Not sure what to make of that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I think he was doing a time lapse, so he gave it more time than that, and "it's not working" because there was no difference between the two sides after the pressure washing.

This kind of got discussed with the new Griot's foam products, and apparently there are some more aggressive snow foams available in Europe that we can't get here, but my experience has been that foam doesn't do much, and that pressure washing does, although pressure washing always leaves a film that needs to removed by a contact method.

As far as all the "why's" to the OP, I think he has a shop and washes a lot of cars, and he's trying to get subscriptions to his YouTube channel...there's money to be made there.
    i don't have a shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Excuse me for to noob question as I don’t have a pressure washer..

I’m a bit confused, @0:16 you say ‘it’s thick, and it smells like candy’... But then @1:03 you say ‘nope, it’s not working’.

How does it go from thick [IMO it never looked thick at all] to sucking? What goes wrong in the matter of minutes to make it suddenly suck?

I just finished watching the other vids you just posted and they all have similar results. If you’ve seen 1, you’ve seen them all... Do you ever feel like it’s kind of a waste of money to buy so many soaps if they basically all perform about the same? Have you ever tried a snow foam that removed traffic film by simply foaming and spraying off? It seems like that product doesn’t exist and because of that it therefore makes it seem like the whole pre foam step makes little to no difference at all. What are your thoughts after trying many soaps in the foam cannon? Is it pretty much just a waste of time and water?
    i wait 5 minutes before spraying with a pressure washer, some products works, and some not.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he performs a valuable service in that he tests all these snow foams and most have only a slight benefit over just plain pressure washing. So I don't foam before pressure washing anymore. I'm anxious to see if the new Griot's Surface Prep actually removes dirt and traffic film without a contact wash. Griots has posted on their website that they had to pull it because it was damaging the bottles it came in.
    Auto fanatic on YouTube has been demoing it in some of his videos. Stuff definitely seems to remove the grime off his car.

He said he foams it down with it 4-5 times a week though so how it would do on a car washed weekly/biweekly is anyone’s guess.

His method has turned him washing his car into a touchless process, which is kind of cool. Simply foams his wheel/tire cleaner (which actually looks promising) on, then the griots surface wash, rinses, then dries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes edwelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Griots has posted on their website that they had to pull it because it was damaging the bottles it came in.
    Yikes! Not sure what to make of that.
    I'm no chemist, but I'm guessing it's a PH issue with their trademark clear plastic bottles. I had an Optimum Power Clean bottle that leaked a bunch into the tote I store my chemicals in (I think a seam was weak - didn't have a sprayer on it). Naively transferred it to an empty soda bottle, it proceeded to do the same thing to that one. Now it's in a thicker (also different recycling number) bottle from some household cleaner (cleaned out of course) - so far so good.

I'm excited to try the Griot's Surface Prep when it ships. I've got the BOSS Foam System on the shelf just waiting for time to use it - planning on trying to do a proper review with photos. Had the Surface Prep on the order, but they notified me it wasn't coming. They acknowledge it's high PH and will strip waxes and sealants.

My daily driver is in a state where I may try using the Foaming Poly Gloss against ad copy and use it on bare paint vs as a booster to an existing LSP just to see how it works.

Post Thanks / Like

snow foam test : poorboys super slick snow foam

Ok I finally figured out what I was looking at... And this is going to sound stupid, but when I 1st saw the vids I thought he was foaming the paint, waiting 5min. then foaming again, except the 2nd time around I thought he was using a different high pressure nozzle to apply the foam... The reason I thought that was because the surface was turning White so I thought that was foam. I didn’t realize that was actually dirt simply rinsing away from the high pressure rinse! Holy crap your car gets Dirty!🤢

I’d recommend getting rid of your foam lance since it’s pretty easy to see after so many tests that it’s pretty much useless. Instead of wasting your time with it and getting no results you should switch to waterless washing. Not only will it be easier than pulling out the pressure washer [and getting no results from it anyways] but your car will never get as dirty as it is in your videos because you’ll be waterless washing your car more frequently and the best part is the more frequently you wipe it down the faster it will be because the less dirty the car is the faster you’ll be done waterless washing it. It can seriously be done in less than 5min. if you wipe it down every other day.snow foam test : poorboys super slick snow foam

....But yea, after watching some more of your vids, this snow foam thing is completely useless. Makes no difference at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Accually I disagree that's not working. You show it quite clearly in this video too. The part you had covered you need to go over 3 times before you stop filming. While the part you foamed released the dirt easy with one rinse. And I see a difference how the dirt released easier on the first rinse on the foamed part. I don't know what you guys are expecting from a snow foam. You got quite good results from that kind of dirt you had on the car. And you would save alot of time with only rinsing it off one time as on the foamed panel. Against 3 times at least on the not foamed panel. And I would not use a waterless wash or rinseless wash on that kind of dirt on the car LOL. Would be interesting to ad a panel where you only rinsed with a hose and see if you get any difference from that. And maybe you could foam a panel extra to rinse with the hose and see how that compares. I would be crazy if I where to be washing my car and those I maintain every 2 Days. How long was it since you washed this car before this test?

/Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I would not use a waterless wash or rinseless wash on that kind of dirt on the car LOL.

I would be crazy if I where to be washing my car and those I maintain every 2 Days.
    I never suggested he waterless wash a car that’s that dirty. If he stayed on top of it, it would never get that dirty...

It’s not crazy to wipedown your car and get the paint back to 100% clean every 2 days if all it takes is less than 5min. A good time is just before you leave for work, if it’s already nearly clean you’re just wiping away dust. 5min. every other day beats 1hr.+ every Saturday + your car never gets dirty.

Keep in mind you’re not doing wheels & tires every other day. You’re not even bothering with the glass most times, you can save those things for your usual maintenance schedule you’re currently on when you actually spend some time to get the hose out. But the paint stays clean non stop and that makes a huge difference.

9. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know you didn't mean it that way. Was just kidding you a little. Sure during summer months in my environment a waterless wash or rinseless wash every 2 days or so would work. But in the winter months here I don't think that you get away with a waterless wash even if you would do it daily. There is just too dirty to get it to feel safe to wash it that way. That's why I asked the op how long since the last wash where done. To get to know about how dirty the roads and environment is where he lives.

I think in certain environments you have a big benefit with useing a foamcannon and PW. And in some you don't have that much of use from it. I will get the hose nozzle and rinse off one side of the car and the other side of the car with foaming a prewash foam I use in the winter months and use the water pressure from the PW to clean with. And take pictures of it and show you here the difference between them and the benefit you get. It's much about how clean I would want the paint before I touch it when starting to wash it. I would have no problem with doing a waterless wash or rinseless wash after the prewash I do. It has just not caught here with doing waterless wash or rinseless wash. But I will try both methods with carpro Ech2o and see how I like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    thnip
    How many towels do you go through on a car your size doing this every couple of days? Just for like one wipe down, that is

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    How many towels do you go through on a car your size doing this every couple of days? Just for like one wipe down, that is

If we’re talking about my daily driver which doesn’t have a roof to wipedown, I can get the job done with 2-3 towels max. 1-2 for cleaning and 1 small PFM for drying.

Not too long ago I demonstrated how I can get the job done [including windows] with just one 24”x36” towel.

And I had plenty of unused towel afterwards.

13. Thanks Finick thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, Finick liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12