autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Quik Review - Meguiars Extreme Marine Water Spot Detailer

1st of all, I’d like to thank Megan for being kind enough to send me this new product to test. Much appreciated!Quik Review - Meguiars Extreme Marine Water Spot Detailer

Meguiars Extreme Marine RTU Spray Products.

Meguiar?s Extreme Marine Water Spot Detailer

I hadn’t had a chance to use these until earlier this week when a friend of mine who owns a boat returned from his time on the lake for 4th of July weekend. He asked if I could come over and help him clean up the boat, that way it’s nice and clean before putting the cover on and parking it. I’ve gotten him into seeing the benefits of proper maintenance and that’s turned into a win win situation for everyone.Quik Review - Meguiars Extreme Marine Water Spot Detailer

So I showed up and he had already gotten started with wiping it down.. I told him I had these new Marine specific products to try out and it was perfect timing as he was just about out of the stuff he usually uses.. So I hand him the bottle of Megs Extreme Marine Water Spot Detailer and I grab my sprayer filled with WG Uber and begin wiping down on the opposite side of the boat.

Within a couple of minutes he says “dude how much does this cost”?
    I’m like “umm I don’t know I can’t remember, why”?
    He says “this stuff works Good”!
    I laugh and say “for real eh? It’s pretty good”?
    He says “this stuff works way better than that stuff I usually use”

This is the stuff he normally uses. He says that where he goes it’s like shoved down your throat as if it’s the only option, and in his opinion its not worth what they charge for it.

I gave him my opinion of that product a while back. I told him just based on looking at the bottle and finding out how much they charge that I smelled hype and that they’re making a killing off of people selling them cheap product. Just my opinion based on my good sense being able to smell hype a mile away. Lol. And his immediate take on this new Megs product confirmed it.

This was a spur of the moment quik clean up of the boat, so I wasn’t fully prepared to document and take pictures for a thorough review like I would normally like to do, but his strong positive initial reaction to this product made me feel like it couldn’t go without mentioning.

Next I wanted him to try the Meguiars Extreme Marine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant.

Meguiar?s Extreme Marine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant

It took all of about 10 seconds for him to say “dude can I keep this? I’ll pay whatever it costs”
    I started laughing and said “it’s good or what”?
    He said “this stuff smells Good”!
    1 of my best friends so I was more than happy to pass the products along to him and give them a good home.Quik Review - Meguiars Extreme Marine Water Spot Detailer

So in conclusion, according to my friend who knows a thing or 2 about boats, Meguiars has hit it out of the park with this new Marine Line of products. Very cool.Quik Review - Meguiars Extreme Marine Water Spot Detailer Thanks to Megan, I’m glad I was able to take part in this. I’m also happy to be able to share this review with everyone who reads it.

Meguiar?s Extreme Marine Water Spot Detailer

Meguiar?s Extreme Marine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant

Meguiar?s Extreme Marine Multi-Surface Cleaner

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quik Review - Meguiars Extreme Marine Water Spot Detailer

Thanks Eldo. Not a boat guy myself, but now I know about these in case it comes up in the future

4. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks very fast. Glad you were able to help a friend out

6. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the Meguiars Extreme Marine Water Spot Detailer could be a good option for coated cars too. Doesn't sound as heavy duty as the Carpro Spotless

8. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Eldorado2k, what a surprise seeing you in this thread! So, a quick question regarding the Meguiars water spot detailer, does it wind up removing any previously applied wax or other LSP?

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Pilot View Post
    Hey Eldorado2k, what a surprise seeing you in this thread! So, a quick question regarding the Meguiars water spot detailer, does it wind up removing any previously applied wax or other LSP?

Thanks in advance!
    I can’t give you my own definitive answer because I gave the bottle to my friend with the boat, but according to the label it says it “boosts” the protection of your current wax. So if they’re bold enough to state that on the front of the label, I guess I’d have to take them at their word until proven otherwise. If I were you I’d give it a shot.