autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick review Meguiar's Hyper-Wash

I just received my Hyper-Wash from AutoGeek and used it for the first time this morning. The first thing I noticed was how THICK it was, like cold syrup ... very slow pouring. That being said, don't bother ordering the proportioner ... no matter how hard I squeezed the jug, it wouldn't flow into the proportioner, it traveled up the tube, but that's as far as it got.

Now that I've gotten all of the negative points out of the way, let's move on to the good points ...

I used 2 capfulls for 5 gallons of water (I filled the water into the bucket first, then added the Hyper-Wash), all I did was aim the hose into the bucket to build up some suds and before I knew it, the bucket was overflowing with suds. Meguiar's is right ... IT DON'T TAKE MUCH!!!

After pre-rinsing the car, I dipped my mitt in to the bucket, coming up with fistfuls of suds. The mitt just glided over the paint, no fuss, no drama. When I would rinse each section, you could see that the hyper-wash had rinsed off CLEAN, there were no negative effects on my LSP's beading/sheeting (Ult Fast Finish).

When it came to drying, every time I wrung out my microfiber drying cloth, I never felt any traces of wax or softeners or anything in my cloth and there was no streaking. Even the areas of the car (the sides) that air-dried before I could wipe them down, there were no water spots.

All in all, I'm happy with my purchase and with so little being needed to make a wash bucket full of suds, this gallon is going to last me for years.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

2. Likes PA DETAILER, SWETM, GEM65, osiapstndp, PaulMys and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick review Meguiar's Hyper-Wash

Indeed a good soap. Only 1oz per 5gal. I use the pump dispenser on all my gallon soaps. 1 pump is 1oz.

Universal Dispenser Pump, Gallon Pump Dispenser, half gallon bottle pump

It's also great in a foam gun!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

4. Likes 1500canoe, Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Side-shot of the car after the wash ... Maxi the dog decided to come around the corner just as I was taking the picture to see what I was up to.

Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

6. Likes SWETM, derass, 6od, SNP209 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Seconding the 1 oz pump for easy dispensing and measuring. What dilution ratio is adequate in a foam cannon?

Post Thanks / Like

I use this for all the cars I do for my detailing business and it is very economical and works very good. It does work great in a foam cannon to.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish i had read this before wasting six bucks on the proportioner. I cant get that thing to work at all. Not sure why they try to add it to your purchase of Hyper wash if it does not work with that product. I think I will order the pump that others have suggested.

I do love the Hyper wash soap. It is slick feeling and foams up great. I have well water which is rather hard and I have always had issues with maintaining foam in my wash bucket. I have always assumed I would have to live with this or get a water softener. Perhaps it was the cheap car wash soap I have been using. I must confess to often buying cheap soap from my local suppliers thinking that soap is soap.

Dave

2017 Toyota Tundra
    2013 M37S Infinity
    2007 BMW 335i convertible

Post Thanks / Like

Also, the cleaning power of HW is very, very good.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

11. Likes Maxreed241, Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been interested in Hyper Wash for a while now. I currently use a different product from another manufacturer that rhymes with madams and it performs great. However, Hyper Wash would be much more economical. The problem is that I'm a little hesitant to buy something as a gallon without being able to try a smaller amount of it first. Does anyone know if they sell Hyper Wash in a smaller sample size?

Post Thanks / Like

Quick review Meguiar's Hyper-Wash

This is my fifth gallonQuick review Meguiar's Hyper-Wash Quick review Meguiar's Hyper-Wash-img_9238-jpg

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by damonb10 View Post
    I've been interested in Hyper Wash for a while now. I currently use a different product from another manufacturer that rhymes with madams and it performs great. However, Hyper Wash would be much more economical. The problem is that I'm a little hesitant to buy something as a gallon without being able to try a smaller amount of it first. Does anyone know if they sell Hyper Wash in a smaller sample size?
    I don't think it is sold anywhere in a smaller size. I can say that everyone seems to love it, especially considering the price and the dilution ratio. It works great for me and I love that I can get a gallon for relatively cheap and have it for a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast