autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars Deep Crystal Car Wash--not a fan

I was rushed for time and wanted to squeeze in a car wash. Was at Lowes and they had this product for $5. Checked amazon and it has 4.5 stars so i bought it. Ended up washing an RV, full size truck and a SUV with soap.

They advertise long lasting suds. Which i thought might be good for using the foam cannon on larger vehicles like an RV. But what i found is this soap does not rinse off very well. It was quite annoying having to rinse the same area over an over. For that reason alone i wont ever use it again unless its the only option.

Meant to buy CarPro Reset weeks ago.

2. Thanks Gunny Fitz thanked for this post
    Likes Gunny Fitz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars Deep Crystal Car Wash--not a fan

Quote Originally Posted by wopachop View Post
    I was rushed for time and wanted to squeeze in a car wash. Was at Lowes and they had this product for $5. Checked amazon and it has 4.5 stars so i bought it. Ended up washing an RV, full size truck and a SUV with soap.

They advertise long lasting suds. Which i thought might be good for using the foam cannon on larger vehicles like an RV. But what i found is this soap does not rinse off very well. It was quite annoying having to rinse the same area over an over. For that reason alone i wont ever use it again unless its the only option.

Meant to buy CarPro Reset weeks ago.
    It is relatively inexpensive and easy to find but I am not a fan either. It is not that soapy or slippery. I much prefer Megs Gold Class for an OTC product.

4. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are going to use the foamcannon to apply the car soap. I would look into Meguiars Hyper Wash D110 cause of the economical expect. Reset in the bucket is awesome and dilute it 1:500 And not lower than that. If the rv is not so dirty you could use it at 1:800 and still get great lubrication from it. And if you want to apply it from the foamcannon dilute it 1:9 to 1:20 in the foamcannon bottle. Then start with the lowest and thinner setting and adjust it till you get a nice running foam.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some just to use to wash my coated wheels. That was some time ago. It was ok for that.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Think it's discontinued.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Think it's discontinued.
    Nope...I don’t think so...Not unless
    they stopped making it this morning.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Mike Phillips

I was rushed for time and wanted to squeeze in a car wash. Was at Lowes and they had this product for $5.

Checked amazon and it has 4.5 stars so i bought it.

Ended up washing an RV, full size truck and a SUV with soap.

That is their "entry level" car wash. It's a gateway car wash to transition the masses off of dish soap and into a dedicated car wash soap. The idea being compared to dish soap the user experience would be better and the next step would be to upgrade to their Gold Class car wash soap.

Amazon ratings? Eh.... who knows the experience level of the people leaving ratings on the big A?

They advertise long lasting suds. Which i thought might be good for using the foam cannon on larger vehicles like an RV.
    I've never tried it in a foam cannon or a foam gun, my guess is it did not create a lot of foam? (maybe in a cannon but not a gun, there's something to be said for "pressure")

But what i found is this soap does not rinse off very well. It was quite annoying having to rinse the same area over an over. For that reason alone i wont ever use it again unless its the only option.
    I'm not saying you over used the product but usually a sign of over using a car wash product is it takes longer to rinse it completely off.

Just to note...

I used to be a big fan of M6201 - Car Wash Shampoo in their professional line, I think it used to smell like Aqua Velva or Old Spice aftershave, a greenish/blue color. I thought it worked really well for washing, cleaning, lubricating, etc.

I can remember it like yesterday, going outside in the morning and washing my Milk Truck with M62. It's a fairly large old 2-door Chevy so I was able to spend plenty of time with old M62

That was also my delivery truck for my Meguiar's route and also my detailing business truck. I've always been mobile because many of my customers don't want to take their car anywhere or they live to far to drive to someone else's location.

Cool truck, kept her clean.

10. Likes Eldorado2k, VitreousHumor, dlc95, KirkH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    That is their "entry level" car wash. It's a gateway car wash to transition the masses off of dish soap and into a dedicated car wash soap. The idea being compared to dish soap the user experience would be better and the next step would be to upgrade to their Gold Class car wash soap.

Amazon ratings? Eh.... who knows the experience level of the people leaving ratings on the big A?

I've never tried it in a foam cannon or a foam gun, my guess is it did not create a lot of foam? (maybe in a cannon but not a gun, there's something to be said for "pressure")

I'm not saying you over used the product but usually a sign of over using a car wash product is it takes longer to rinse it completely off.

Just to note...

I used to be a big fan of M6201 - Car Wash Shampoo in their professional line, I think it used to smell like Aqua Velva or Old Spice aftershave, a greenish/blue color. I thought it worked really well for washing, cleaning, lubricating, etc.

I can remember it like yesterday, going outside in the morning and washing my Milk Truck with M62. It's a fairly large old 2-door Chevy so I was able to spend plenty of time with old M62

That was also my delivery truck for my Meguiar's route and also my detailing business truck. I've always been mobile because many of my customers don't want to take their car anywhere or they live to far to drive to someone else's location.

Cool truck, kept her clean.

Looks like your driveway was filled with the craziest most extraordinary vehicles in town.Meguiars Deep Crystal Car Wash--not a fanlol.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a '64 C10. I love that detailing truck!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that stuff is awful, but a big step up from Dawn dish soap. I like Meguiars Ultimate wash and wax a lot better.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast