autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tire Dressing Face Off - Griots Black Satin, McKee's 37 Gloss Tire Gel, 303 Tire Balm

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    Continental tires are hard to keep dressing on based on my experience,and many others I've read about.
    funny...my experience with them has been the exact opposite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tire Dressing Face Off - Griots Black Satin, McKee's 37 Gloss Tire Gel, 303 Tire Balm

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I've had mixed results. DWS 06's with the really smooth sidewalls are a nightmare to dress. I've tried a tirecoating and my go-to tire dressing and neither survive the tire getting wet. However, the PureContacts's on another vehicle have done pretty well.

I've also had a mixed results with Michellin's as well. The PSS's on my car take almost any dressing and last, while the LTX's on my wife's car show much shorter durability in both wet and dry.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Mckees Tire COATING for the win!

4. Likes FrankS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

**Another Update**

These pictures were taken today (5/21/18), 5 days after the initial application of the tire dressings. The car was driven for several miles on day 4 and we have had rain off and on every day.

IMO, Griots Black Satin looks the best after 5 days.

McKee's 37 Gloss Tire Gel is about gone. These tires certainly have something to do with it. This is one of my go-to dressings and has worked well and lasted longer on other tires.

303 Tire Balm is also about gone.

Well, that about wraps it up for this comparison. Stay tuned for another tire dressing face off.

It would be interesting to see what results others get on different brand of tires.

Thanks to all who chimed in

6. Thanks fly07sti, The Guz, Diner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Right on Frank. Appreciate you taking the time to do this.

8. Likes FrankS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can get the 303 to do meh in my continentals. But my michelins it didn’t really do crap to

I don’t know if 303 soaks in and actually protects the tire long term which could be a benefit but it sure doesn’t shine much and it’s not very long lasting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The M37 has the 'driest' look to me. The 303 still looks like it is on the tire.

11. Likes FrankS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    The M37 has the 'driest' look to me. The 303 still looks like it is on the tire.
    It was pretty close between M37 and 303 but you're correct, M37 has the "driest" look, just slightly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
    It was pretty close between M37 and 303 but you're correct, M37 has the "driest" look, just slightly.
    Do you guys prefer that dry, dark look after the wearing is in full effect, or do you prefer the slight gloss/reflectivity of 303 and GG at the ending mark?

I personally don’t mind the dry, dark M37 look, but I use it on a black SUV, and the darker tires compliment the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I've posted this several times,but my wife has DWS and DWS06 tires on it. The tires were bought at different places at different times,but in pairs, Long story. Mostly not my fault. Mr. Observant didn't realize they were different until they had been on the car for a bit because two of them came straight out of a box to being on the car.

The DWS do pretty decent as to being able to be dressed,but the front DWS06 can be a little finickier. And, one of the DWS06 does better than the other even.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast