autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow A few great items.

After getting my Xterra back this week from the body shop for some warranty rust repair on the rear hatch, I was chomping at the bits to give a good detail/wash. No wax/sealant on the rear hatch for 30 days. So just washes and spray wax on the rest. I will do a full detail then. Off today so hit the driveway early.

1. Gtechniq Mf2 zero scratch drying towel. Caught me by surprise. Very good drying towel! Nice size. It dried the whole Xterra without complaint. I would not hesitate to buy more.

2. Wolfstiens ZAP CLOTH. OMG. The best and easiest method I ever used to clean my interior glass. Just dampen with water and wipe your glass to a clean and streak free finish. Machine washable.

3. Duragloss #253 rubber and matt dressing. OMG. Grabbed a new Speedmaster foam tire applicator and used a few spritzes for each tire directly on the applicator. BTW loved the applicator. One coat provided a perfect looking and evenly dressed tire. And dry to the touch. I don`t see how this dressing could sling. Think I found my new tire dressing.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A few great items.

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    After getting my Xterra back this week from the body shop for some warranty rust repair on the rear hatch, I was chomping at the bits to give a good detail/wash. No wax/sealant on the rear hatch for 30 days. So just washes and spray wax on the rest. I will do a full detail then. Off today so hit the driveway early.

1. Gtechniq Mf2 zero scratch drying towel. Caught me by surprise. Very good drying towel! Nice size. It dried the whole Xterra without complaint. I would not hesitate to buy more.

2. Wolfstiens ZAP CLOTH. OMG. The best and easiest method I ever used to clean my interior glass. Just dampen with water and wipe your glass to a clean and streak free finish. Machine washable.

3. Duragloss #253 rubber and matt dressing. OMG. Grabbed a new Speedmaster foam tire applicator and used a few spritzes for each tire directly on the applicator. BTW loved the applicator. One coat provided a perfect looking and evenly dressed tire. And dry to the touch. I don`t see how this dressing could sling. Think I found my new tire dressing.
    Have you used the Griots PFM towel? If so, how did the Gtechniq towel measure up?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A few great items.

Yes. Have the large PMF. The Griots is the best. BUT...The Gtechniq for the price and performance is right there.

Gtechniq towel description..

Remove standing water and dry your paintwork to a streak-free finish with the Gtechniq MF2 Zero Scratch Microfibre Drying Towel! This towel is specially designed to help remove standing water from the paint using only one towel on large vehicles like trucks, SUV`s etc. The secret is in the ultra absorbent 450gsm microfiber strands. One side features a shorter nap and the other side slightly longer. Gtechniq recommends one swipe with the longer strands to help remove more standing water, then a simple flip and wipe with the shorter nap to finish to a streak-free dry. The 60cm x 90cm (approximately 2ft x 3ft) size gives you more than enough towel to work with and the super soft microfiber helps you avoid ugly drying induced marring. As with all microfiber towels, we recommend washing with cold water, microfiber specific shampoo and air drying for best results. Don`t let water stand a chance on your paint, grab yourself a Gtechniq MF2 Zero Scratch Microfibre Drying Towel!
    2018 Colorado ZR2