autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Griot's Garage Orbital Polsiher Rack

Product: Griot’s Garage Orbital Polisher Rack

Price: $79.99

Product Description:

Griot's Garage Orbital Polisher Rack is a heavy-duty 16-gauge steel rack designed to keep your polishers and your garage organized! Large enough to hold three large machines and two smaller machines, Griots Garage Orbital Polisher Rack is ideal for detailing shops and garages. Featuring rubber lined edges to protect your polishers and hooks along the bottom for cords, the Griot's Garage Orbital Polisher Rack allows you to both stow and proudly display your well-loved machines. The laser-cut Griot's Garage logo in the center shows the world you know how to have fun in your garage!

If you're anything like we are, you have a ton of space in your garage taken up by your various tools and machines. Sure you can get cabinets for storage (which take up even more space!), but how accessible are the contents when the door is shut? The Griot's Garage Orbital Polisher Rack takes store to the next level - literally - by giving you the ability to hang your machines and tools on the wall.

Griot's Garage Orbital Polisher Rack mounts at 6 attachment points so there's no need to worry about it falling down, and is constructed from a stout 16-gauge steel. Now the only thing you'll need to worry about is how many Griot's Garage Orbital Polisher Racks you'll need to buy to hold everything you have!

Keep your tools and your garage safe and organized with Griot's Garage Orbital Polisher Rack.

Griot's Garage Orbital Polisher Rack measure 21" x 16 ½" x 3 ¾" and weighs approximately 5 lbs.
    During the last 25% off sale I pulled the trigger on the Griot’s Garage Polisher Rack. It was hard to pass up at $59.99 shipped to my doorstep. I found this to be the nicest looking of the available polisher racks sold through Autogeek.

As it arrived, it showed up packed in two boxes. One slim box packaged within the larger Autogeek box. It was also bagged within the smaller box. It arrived with no shipping damages.

I must mention that it does come with a small bag which contains 6 mounting screws. Be sure not to throw them away.

Upon looking at it, I could see what a nice crafted product this is. It has the Griot's car cutout right in the center.

The polisher rack can hold three polishers on the top. The hooks at the bottom are there for the power cord. The lower circle cutout’s are also places to mount additional polishers that have a smaller backing plate. One thing I found odd is that the lower cutout’s do not have a rubber gasket like the top of it. Griot’s should consider adding that to the polisher rack. I will be looking for a similar material and modifying the rack for my personal taste.

Before I get to the mounted photos, I will also mention some small quality issues. One is the Griot’s Garage emblem applied to the structure. It is off center and it looks like it was afterthought when it was applied.

The other issue is here on the logo. This is a close up of the windshield. Notice the black mark. This is probably a left over burn mark during the manufacturing process.

These are the minor nit picks I have about the polisher rack.

I did not use the included screws. I used dry wall anchors and screws to mount it on the wall. The included screws were to large for the anchors so I had some equivalent size screws that worked.

For those of you who are Griot’s only fans take a deep breath haha. I mounted all of my Rupes polishers onto the polisher rack. Sacrilege I know. But it sure does look nice.

I tried mounting the Rupes Nano into the lower cutout and it fits ok in that area. But it fit much better in the one of the wheel cutouts with the base of the nano sitting up against the power cord instead of the rack itself.

Final thoughts:

First off this is a well constructed piece and it looks great mounted on the wall. It is a good size for those that have a handful of polishers. The hooks make it convenient for keeping the power cords in order and organized. It takes away any stress from wrapping the cord around the tool.

There are a few minor manufacturing issues that I have with it. Such as the Griot’s Garage emblem not being placed straight. Also the minor black mark from what appears to be from the manufacturing process to cut out the logo. And finally that there is no gasket included for the lower two cutouts. It probably does not cost much to include a couple more pieces in those areas to avoid any possibility of chipping the paint. I can live with these but it is something for the folks at Griot's to consider for future product updates.

Overall a very nice quality polisher rack to store ones polishers. I would recommend it as it looks great mounted on the wall displaying whatever polishers one owns for quick access and easy storage.

Thanks for reading.

2. Thanks Aaryn NZ, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ, TMQ, dlc95, SWETM, JustJesus and 6 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Griot's Garage Orbital Polsiher Rack

nice and organized and not scattered everywhere. you'll know where to go anytime you need them...

4. Likes The Guz, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great Review, nicely done
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

6. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Guz with another stella review!

Fantastic write up my friend, super informative, clear & with great descriptive pictures to boot. My only encounter with anything Griots was when I attended Detail Fest & I must say - I was pretty impressed with the whole set up. Even had a good yarn with Richard Griot himself. My good friend Don (Fly07sti) even talked me into buying a couple of PFM Drying Towels & I have seriously never had a better drying towel ever . . . . period. Everything seems to be of a great quality at Griots.

Now I have personal issues with these types of polisher racks. Ya see - I love them! I like the way the look, & agreed - the Griots one has the best 'look' IMO, I like the concept, I like the convenience, I like the tidiness & thats where I get all argumentative with myself. I struggle with clutter & I enjoy a minimalist look & as much as these racks are tidy & I like the look, I couldn't live with it. Aaargh! They're so cool though.

Anyway - great review Guz, appreciate you taking the time.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

8. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes VISITOR, The Guz, PaulMys liked this post
    Dislikes Ronin47 disliked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the honest review Guz, looks like it could have been made better but fine if you on a budget.

10. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All of your reviews are nice and concise, with all the pertinent information.

Always a pleasure to read!

12. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking good Guz !!! Great review. I love the how the Nano fits in the holder as well.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

14. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    One is the Griot’s Garage emblem applied to the structure. It is off center and it looks like it was afterthought when it was applied.
    Okay good. I thought it was just me. I noticed that right away. Well, too bad they did that. Not a big deal, but still would kind of bug me. There's a bit of OCD in me. Things need to be straight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    For those of you who are Griot’s only fans take a deep breath hahaI mounted all of my Rupes polishers onto the polisher rack. Sacrilege I know. But it sure does look nice.
    Dude, I actually like the contrast with the black over the red. Seeing those pics, I'm wondering if BOSS polishers would be too much red on there.

16. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    nice and organized and not scattered everywhere. you'll know where to go anytime you need them...
    Yeah that is one of the reason I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Great Review, nicely done
    Thanks. You requested it so I figured why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    The Guz with another stella review!

Fantastic write up my friend, super informative, clear & with great descriptive pictures to boot. My only encounter with anything Griots was when I attended Detail Fest & I must say - I was pretty impressed with the whole set up. Even had a good yarn with Richard Griot himself. My good friend Don (Fly07sti) even talked me into buying a couple of PFM Drying Towels & I have seriously never had a better drying towel ever . . . . period. Everything seems to be of a great quality at Griots.

Now I have personal issues with these types of polisher racks. Ya see - I love them! I like the way the look, & agreed - the Griots one has the best 'look' IMO, I like the concept, I like the convenience, I like the tidiness & thats where I get all argumentative with myself. I struggle with clutter & I enjoy a minimalist look & as much as these racks are tidy & I like the look, I couldn't live with it. Aaargh! They're so cool though.

Anyway - great review Guz, appreciate you taking the time.

Aaryn NZ.
    Thanks. Griot's makes some great products for sure. That PFM towel is one of them. Glad to hear you are enjoying it. It's a great towel to have.

Well hopefully I can convince you to get one

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    Thanks for the honest review Guz, looks like it could have been made better but fine if you on a budget.
    Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    All of your reviews are nice and concise, with all the pertinent information.

Always a pleasure to read!
    Thanks. I try to make it as easy as possible to read and have all the information in one place to help others. I am glad you enjoy the reviews and I have my template which I just modify for my reviews now which makes it even easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Looking good Guz !!! Great review. I love the how the Nano fits in the holder as well.
    Thanks. I like that as well. Good place to store it for the following day instead of putting it back in the bag or laying somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Okay good. I thought it was just me. I noticed that right away. Well, too bad they did that. Not a big deal, but still would kind of bug me. There's a bit of OCD in me. Things need to be straight.

Dude, I actually like the contrast with the black over the red. Seeing those pics, I'm wondering if BOSS polishers would be too much red on there.
    Mike Lambert over on Autopia posted a photo of his Griot's polishers on the griot's rack. It looks like his emblem is also not centered. I wonder if they are placed by hand or machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Just received mine. I carefully sliced some aquarium airline tubing and applied it to the lower two openings. Works great.
    Yes, Groits should have added the combing at the factory, but for .25 cents of tubing I can live with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast