autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Jeweling Wax Review

On one of my recent orders Meghan was kind enough to include a bottle of Pinnacle's new Jeweling Wax. I was pretty excited for this products debut as I have been a huge fan of the Pinnacle product line since it was released. I can still remember group buys on the detailing forums over 10 years ago for jars of Pinnacle Souveran Wax. To this day it is probably one of my favorite carnuaba waxes. On a red or black car there is nothing like it.

The timing was perfect as I was in the process of prepping my 1967 Chevy Nova for an upcoming Cars and Coffee event. I have a few coating details that are coming up so I was glad to have the chance to go "old school" and play with some carnuaba wax.

The paint on the Nova is House of Kolor Candy Brandywine over Gamma Gold. I can still remember the day that I saw this color on a 1940 Ford at a Car Show and literally "hunted" down the owner to get the paint code and color combo since I knew this color was going on my Nova. I was looking forward to see what Pinnacle Jeweling Wax would do to the color.

Product Description:

Pinnacle Jeweling Wax

Designed as a light cutting, one-step cleaner wax, Pinnacle Souveran Jeweling Wax uses advanced abrasive technology to correct light swirls and scratches from painted surfaces and shine them to perfection. Pinnacle Souveran Jeweling Wax creates an intensely deep, wet shine and will protect your paint after just one use.

Pinnacle Souveran Jeweling Wax is one of the most technologically advanced products in the line today. Incorporating advanced abrasive technology that will actually remove light swirls and scratches (rather than just covering them up) without leaving micro-marring behind, into a long-lasting paint protection formula was no easy feat, but Pinnacle has achieved just that! Pinnacle Souveran Jeweling Wax is an all-in-one product that will not only perfect and protect your paint but will also provide a shining, jewel like finish.

Whether it is being used on a brand new car fresh off of the car lot, or a daily driver that needs a bit of attention, Pinnacle Souveran Jeweling Wax preforms like a true all-in-one should. You no longer have to spend hours of multi-step correction work to achieve a show-car finish – with just one application of Pinnacle Souveran Jeweling wax, your car’s paint will be clear and shining like never before.

Cost: 16 oz for $34.99

Application:

The paint on my Nova is in excellent shape. The car stays covered in my garage and has never been driven in the rain. The Nova has your typical minor surface marring from the removal and reapplying the car cover. Based on this, I decided to apply Pinnacle's Jeweling Wax with a soft Lake Country Finishing Pad and my GG polisher. I worked a small 2 x 2 area and applied about 3 small dots onto the pad. The product spread super easy and removal was a breeze.

Thoughts and Observations:

1-Gloss-Outstanding !!!! The reflections and depth that the Jeweling Wax gave the paint were excellent. Even with the LC Finishing Pad a good portion of the minor surface marring was removed. The reflections were crisp and clear as you can see in the below photographs.
    2-Buffing Cycle-if there was one thing I noticed about the product was that a little went a long way and you could buff the product forever. There was absolutely zero dusting and removal was effortless. I only used 3 small pea size drops for the sections that I was buffing and at times I felt I was over applying.
    3-Conclusion-This is the perfect product for me and my garage kept cars. I would rather reach for a nice jeweling wax in prepping one of my cars for an event than a more aggresive AIO. This products fits the bill perfectly. Removes very minor surface marring, creates outstanding gloss, and leaves behind a carnuaba finish. I am looking forward to doing some more testing with a more aggressive buffing pad to see what level of swirls or marring can be removed.

Pictures:

Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Thanks Diner, BadgerRivFan, The Guz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Jeweling Wax Review

Nice review Pat. Your Nova looks amazing in photos, I can only imagine how that Brandywine looks in person.

4. Likes Pats300zx, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good review. Thanks for posting.

The Nova looks real nice, too! Making me miss mine I can hear the rumble of mine now.

Mike Phillips

Thanks for sharing Pat...

Perfect text book example of the kind of car this category of product is PERFECT for!

As you know, over time, even a show car gets its share of fine swirls and scratches, light marring simply from normal wear-n-tear. Things like wiping down before shows, at the show and after the show. Removing and putting on car covers.

For show cars like yours, the Pinnacle Jeweling Wax will remove the finest of defects and leave a flawless show car finish. And as you noticed,

Removal was a breeze

Bad ass car dude!

Post Thanks / Like

Damn that paint looks amazing. I can only imagine how it glows when it’s in the sun. Very nice Pat.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Pat needs to trailer the Nova to 2019’s Detail Fest and enter it into the show

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful Nova! Thanks for the review.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review BEAUTIFUL ride!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!