autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash

I recently used the McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash in Florida in February and again once the weather warmed up here in Michigan in March. It really did revive my Mckees coating, couldn't believe the difference. However, I did wash the whole car with it including the glass and now there are little 3/16" scratch marks (not real scratches) all over the windshield. This was a newer windshield (6 months) that didn't even have wiper marks on it yet and crystal clear. Now there are these little random marks all over that look like fiberglass insulation particles. Anyone experience anything like this? I will never use it on glass again. There are some ceramic SiO2 products that say to use on glass and others do not, this being one that Nick spayed all over his car in the video. The only other product that was used on the windshield was Wolfgang Uber rinseless. This stuff does not seem to be wearing off. I will wait it out, I really do not want to polish the glass. Pictures will not show the phenomena.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash

I use that soap on the entire car with no issues. I even put that soap on the foam cannon and let it dwell over the entire car before I start washing. Works fine.
    Bruno Soares

3. Likes lane5515 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know you said pictures won’t show it, but have you tried taking a picture from the inside of the car facing the direct sun in the afternoon? ☀️ That’s usually the best time to do it.

Either that or at night facing the opposing traffics headlights.

Post Thanks / Like

"I know you said pictures won’t show it, but have you tried taking a picture from the inside of the car facing the direct sun in the afternoon? ☀️ That’s usually the best time to do it. "

Looks like today might actually be sunny - I'll see what I can do. But I think I gave a fairly accurate detailed description.

Post Thanks / Like

No issues here using it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mmhammer View Post

Looks like today might actually be sunny - I'll see what I can do. But I think I gave a fairly accurate detailed description.
    This is 1 of those deals where we Need to see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Spots when looking near or into the sun - none when looking to the sky. I normally cannot see them only in glaring conditions. No, it is not a reflection of the ice beads on my hood, nor is it a reflection from my dash.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash-windshield1-jpg   McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash-windshield2-jpg   McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash-windshield3-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if this car wash leaves something behind, or is made to strip down to the coating?? I've been using this wash since it came out and haven't had any issues. Is it possible that these scratches were there but filled with oils, waxes, or silicone of some kind??

The only time I ever saw something like that was when I used a glass polishing pad other than CarPro with cerium oxide.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

From Description "McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash will not alter the performance of your existing coating – in fact, the Sio2 enhanced formula actually boosts your coating! McKee's 37 Sio2 also contains water softeners that allow for use even in direct sunlight! Keep your coating look and performing its best with McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash! "
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mmhammer View Post
    Spots when looking near or into the sun - none when looking to the sky. I normally cannot see them only in glaring conditions. No, it is not a reflection of the ice beads on my hood, nor is it a reflection from my dash.
    Is the glass pitted? When was the last time the glass has been polished?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast