autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    From Description "McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash will not alter the performance of your existing coating – in fact, the Sio2 enhanced formula actually boosts your coating! McKee's 37 Sio2 also contains water softeners that allow for use even in direct sunlight! Keep your coating look and performing its best with McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash! "
    If it doesn’t alter, then how can it boost?

“I prepared this nice steak 🥩 for you, but no animals McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash were harmed” lol.

If it supposedly contains Sio2, how could it not alter? Wish there was a way to know what percentage of the bottle is made up of actual Sio2.

Post Thanks / Like

ask Nick from mackee.
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

Post Thanks / Like

No the glass is not pitted. It was new before I bought the car - there are not windshield wiper marks or scratches from scraping the windows. The pictures don't do it justice, it is worse under the right circumstances, still have not dissipated. I'm beginning to wonder if the windshield has crazed. I've seen it in other plastics and certain clear coats (not on this car). I haven't seen these marks on my side windows or rear so I believe that the McKees auto wash may have not caused it although it was crystal clear shortly before.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for providing pics.

Are you sure that isn’t lint? What kind of towels do you use for glass?

Post Thanks / Like

Positive. The marks appear to be on the outside. I usually use the grey towels from Autogeek, sometimes a waffleweave. Also, since there was ice this morning, the windshield wipers used with an alcohol based washer fluid prior to the pictures. Any lint on the outside would have been washed away, also the alcohol has not diminished this effect in the path of the wipers.

Post Thanks / Like

McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash

My advice would be to drive to your local Shell gas station and use their squeegee to clean your windshield. You want to do it at Shell because they have Mallory squeegees [at least all the Shells in LA do] and Mallory makes a damn good squeegee.

Nothing extra special, just use their squeegee with the soapy water they have it sitting in and see if it solves your problem. Don’t use your own glass cleaner, use their water.

Post Thanks / Like

I washed today and I squeegee my windows before I dry with a towel, so again no. I will try better pictures in the future but I don't think it is going to change the diagnosis if there is to be one. And thanks for trying

Post Thanks / Like

McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash

You say you squeegee then towel? Well the lint could be from the towels. I’m just sayin it’s not impossible.

I made the mistake once of washing 2 of those eagle edgeless towels when they were brand new with my batch of wash mitts/drying towels/glass towels because I figured they deserved to wash with my best batch... Big mistake. Next time I used my glass towels they left a ton of lint on my windshield and it was anything but easy to remove.

The smallest changes in routine can alter your results sometimes. I’m not saying this new soap somehow had a negative effect on your towels but anything’s possible.

Just giving suggestions based on what I think might be the cause. Let us know how you resolve this issue. Good luck.

P.s. Test your glass towel on your bathroom glass and inspect for lint.

Post Thanks / Like

I used the waffle after squeegee (I have several, this one being the worst and it is getting tossed)(usually just hit the few wet spots) today, i'll see what it looks like when I drive to work tomorrow, but I don't expect anything different. i think if it were lint I would see a pattern. And again, I scraped my windows this morning and then used the wipers with washer fluid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12