autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Foam Booster

Here at Autogeek we get a lot of phone calls about the BLACKFIRE Foam Booster
    and asked "What exactly does it do? Can I only use it with Blackfire Foam Soap or Blackfire Car wash?"
    The answer is simple, Foam Booster is a suds enhancer, not a car soap, it will take your ordinary car soap that doesn't foam at all and turn it into the foaming soap we all want!

Here is quick video:

Sure this is an item you could be skeptical of because it is unheard of in the detailing world so that is why I picked out a couple of our popular soaps and put it to the test.

Let's start off with the Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner 64 oz.:

So on beautiful day in Stuart, FL I took the car out for a nice wash.
    Filling my quart foam gun with the Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner 64 oz.
    appropriate amount of soap.

So as you can see it FOAMS..sorta.
    As you can see in the picture the suds are spread and "loose" it slides off the car with the water and mostly cleans the ground than my car.

Now lets try the Foam Boost with the Gold Class.
    I only use just 1 oz.

MAKE SURE YOU SHAKE IT LIKE A JAMES BOND MARTINI!

Before I show you the results, note that the solution even after shaking still shows a nice gold color, which will show you don't need much Foam Booster to get great results.

So here is the outcome:

Instantly you can see the difference.
    You can see that Foam Booster allows Meguiar's Gold Class to sud more and plop a thick layer soap on the vehicle.
    It doesn't easily slide off the car, it clings to it.

Now lets see the before and after with Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Ok so we can clearly see that the Blackfire Foam Booster will take your favorite soap and make it COMPATIBLE with a foam gun.

Another question one could as is does it work with a "wash and wax" solution?
    Well I put Griot’s Garage Best of Show Wash & Wax to the test.

Carnauba Wax

Here is how it holds up without Foam Booster:

Sure it throws some solution on the car

But as you can see below it just does allow it to stick to the car to really break down particles on the vehicle to help with the wash(& wax) process.

Here is what the Foam Booster did with a wash soap formulated with carnauba wax:

The foaming agent still produces very well under different conditions.

Conclusion:

Blackfire Foam Booster is legitimately a great choice if you want to use your favorite soap like Meguiar's Gold Class, Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo, Sonax Gloss Shampoo, Griot's Garage Wash and Wax, Meguiar's Wash and Wax etc etc.
    Things to remember is that the more pressure the more foam, so shaking it real good helps.
    Also it is recommended that you only use 1oz to 1.5oz for every 32oz solutioned foam gun/cannon reservoir and that is what I used is the recommended amount so I can give an accurate synopsis.

But if you want your car looking like this, you can always add more Foam Booster to the reservoir.

BLACKFIRE Foam Booster, foaming booster shampoo

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes fly07sti, The Guz, SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Foam Booster

Nice thread. I use this in my foam cannon when I’m mobile and customer’s love the show!

4. Likes Elliot@Autogeek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah right, Eliot.

You know that last pic was of your back yard before you read to only use 1 ounce............
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Likes Elliot@Autogeek, larr12 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Yeah right, Eliot.

You know that last pic was of your back yard before you read to only use 1 ounce............
    HAHA!
    Darn right I'm a Foam-addict

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just received the Blackfire Foam Booster this week and was able to try it this morning. I only added 1/2 oz of foam booster to 4 oz of Blackfire Foam Soap in my quart size foam gun. I was very impressed with the amount of suds. Using the foam gun is a lot of fun and more foam makes it even more enjoyable. I normally use Meguiars Gold Class when I do a two bucket wash. I am looking forward to mixing the foam booster with the Gold Class.

Post Thanks / Like

I have this I use only a 1/4 ounce in my 1 liter foam cannon bottle. I only use it with soaps like wolfgang auto wash, blackfire wet diamond (discontinued i think) or maybe pinnacle but that foams pretty good Imo. Lets not beat around the bush this stuff is THICK. Not only do you have to shake it hard you need to use warm water. I also recommend keeping it inside if its fall/winter. Otherwise its so thick you can hardly get it out of the bottle.

This is a good product that does what it says. It can save you a lot of soap if you have a foam cannon and use any regular soaps that were not designed for a foam cannon.

11. Likes UncleDavy liked this post