This is a review of the Blackfire Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner and the Speedmaster Tire Scrub brush. Meghan was nice enough to send out a few of the new Blackfire and Speedmaster products for review. I decided to try something new and use the Speedmaster brush in conjunction with the Blackfire Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner on an interior detail of a 2004 Lexus RX330.

Product Descriptions

Blackfire Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner:

BLACKFIRE Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner will allow you to quickly and effectively remove stains, mud, grime, dirt, and other unsightly contaminants from carpet and upholstery. BLACKFIRE Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner will go to work within seconds of contact allowing you to expedite the detailing process. BLACKFIRE Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner will not stain or degrade the carpet fibers while it is removing difficult debris. BLACKFIRE Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner will work effectively on any type of non-suede carpet or upholstery you come across.

Directions: Prior to application, vacuum the area that is being cleaned thoroughly. Spray BLACKFIRE Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner directly onto the surface, particularly the stained areas. Allow BLACKFIRE Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner approximately 1 minute to dwell and work. Use either a terry cloth, microfiber cloth, or soft bristled carpet brush to gently wipe the stained areas. Blot the surface dry using a separate clean terry or microfiber towel. Allow the surface to dry completely before vacuuming the area again.

Cost: $24.99 for 32 ounces.

Speedmaster Tire Scrub Brush

Speed Master Tire Scrub Brush is a tire cleaning tool perfect for the removal of old, brown tire gels and dressings and general tire scrubbing. Speed Master Tire Scrub Brush features plastic fibers with a medium coarse feel attached to a curved base with an ergonomic, grip handle. Strong enough to remove dried, caked on dirt, dust, debris, as well as old and dried out tire gels, Speed Master Tire Scrub Brush is safe for use on all tires and will not harm your wheel’s finish. Before you tackle that next wheel and tire detail, grab a Speed Master Tire Scrub Brush and make dirty tires a thing of the past!

Cost$ 6.99 on sale currently for $4.99

The Speedmaster Tire Scrub brush fits perfectly in my hand with the long handle over the top of the brush with groves for your fingers. The brush has a nice weight to it and is wrapped in a rubber material which is excellent to prevent nicks and scrapes on wheels when cleaning tires. The brush fibers are of a medium coarseness and are perfect for scrubbing interior carpeting. They are also the perfect density and would be excellent for removing stubborn dirt from tires as well. However, I like the brush so much that I am going to use it as a dedicated interior cleaning brush. I feel the design of the brush is allows for excellent scrubbing and pressure when used on carpeting and upholstery.

The interior carpeting on the Lexus interior was pretty dirty and probably would could have used a cleaning with an extractor. Since I had my McCllough steamer I decided to try it together with the Speedmaster Tire Scrub Brush and the Blackfire Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner. After a thorough vac, I sprayed the Blackfire Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner and then agitated with the Speedmaster brush. I then applied steam and dried with a micro fiber towel. The results were excellent.

Pictures:

Lexus interior carpeting before application

Excellent results

Speedmaster brush up close

Fits perfect in your hand. Love the little "notch" for the thumb.

Thoughts and Observations:

Blackfire Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner has a nice medicinal clean scent to it that is not overpowering. It has excellent cleaning ability and worked great on the interior carpet. It also did a fantastic job on the interior leather and armrests etc in conjunction with a microfiber towel. I have also used Blackfire Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner on interior mats from other cars and on some of the carpeting around my home to remove pet stains. In each case the results were fantastic.