autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Advanced Pad Cleaner and Conditioner Review

This is a short review of the new Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Advanced Pad Cleaner and Conditioner. During a recent detail of my 2013 Dodge Ram I had the chance to use both products while polishing.

Product Descriptions:

BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner prolongs the usefulness of your buffing pads by removing product residues. When pads are cleaned thoroughly after every use, they maintain their texture and performance far longer. You'll save money and you'll get better results with your existing pads. Use Blackfire Advanced Pad Cleaner to clean foam and wool pads after every detail.
    Blackfire Advanced Pad Cleaner is formulated specifically for the cleaning requirements of buffing pads. Polishes, waxes, and sealants can leave greasy residues inside the pores of foam pads and in the fibers of wool pads. If these residues are not removed, they can affect the performance of the next product applied with the same pad. For example, a pad with old polish residue in it can make the wax applied with the same pad look cloudy. It's not the wax's fault - the pad wasn't clean

Cost: $22.99 for 32 ounces

BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Conditioner makes machine detailing easier by reducing friction between the pad and the paint. Products glide on more smoothly and the paint is protected from dry buffing. BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Conditioner reduces skipping or sticking of the pad. Use it every time to prime your pads for perfection.

BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Conditioner prevents dry buffing by moistening the pad face, what we call"priming the pad." It acts as a lubricant to eliminate the friction between the pad and the paint. In addition, BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Conditioner opens up the foam's pores to accept the polish so it disperses evenly over the pad face. As soon as the pad touches the paint, it is already primed and ready to go!
    BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Conditioner helps you reduce product waste, too. When your pad starts to dry out, mist it with the conditioner to re-wet and reactivate the product on the pad. BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Conditioner will not interfere with the performance of any polish, car wax, or sealant. It will not react with any solvents or chemical cleaners found in any polish, and it will not dilute products if used as directed. Just like any lubricant, BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Conditioner will gradually diminish as you polish

Cost: $22.99 for 32 ounces.

Thoughts and Observations:

Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Advanced Pad Cleaner is an excellent pad cleaner. I was able to wash 5 pads quickly and easily after a few spritz of the product and working out the residue with small tooth brush and water. Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Advanced Pad Conditioner also worked extremely well in priming the pads prior to polishing. 2-3 light sprays to the pad was all that was required.

Results:

Dirty pads

Clean pads

Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Advanced Pad Cleaner and Conditioner Review

Nice review. I agree that the pad cleaner works well. But for me it is the scent that just keeps me from using it. It's too strong and feels toxic and always triggers my allergies. Similar to Meguiar's Super Degreaser.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Advanced Pad Cleaner and Conditioner Review

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Nice review. I agree that the pad cleaner works well. But for me it is the scent that just keeps me from using it. It's too strong and feels toxic and always triggers my allergies. Similar to Meguiar's Super Degreaser.
    I agree with Guz. Every pad cleaner I've tried (Blackfire, M31, Mckee's) really messes with my sinuses and feels toxic when breathing in.

I use Nextzett 1z Blitz APC diluted 30:1 to clean 90% of my polishing pads. It's a very concentrate mild APC that is completely safe for you skin and doesn't trigger any negative side effects. It's effective at removing polishes and compounds especially those that are water based. It doesn't always removing staining from all products but as long as I remove all the spent compound and polish I'm happy.

For something that works as good if not better than a dedicated pads cleaner and is MUCH cheaper and MUCH less toxic use OPC 3:1. It's fantastic at removing solvent based compounds like Menzerna SHC300 and M101. OPC 3:1 is also amazing at cleaning waxes and sealants out of foam pads. Especially pads that were used with an AIO like HD Speed or Blackfire One Step.

The best economical pad cleaner I've used is 3D Orange Degreaser diluted at 4:1. It's not as good as OPC but it's much better than D101 and D108 and doesn't present as many adverse side effects (coughing, rashes, allergies, etc.)

5. Likes SWETM liked this post