autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice One Step and Paint Sealant Review

This is a review of the new Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice One Step and Paint Sealant. Meghan was gracious enough to send out a few of the new Blackfire Detailers Choice products for review but with the winter and crappy weather I really didn't have a good opportunity to try them out. I recently traded in my 2006 Dodge Ram for a newer 2013 Dodge Ram Big Horn. The finish was "so so" and had the typical swirls and marring from poor washing and drying. I figured this was the perfect opportunity to try out these new Blackfire products.

Product Descriptions:

BLACKFIRE One Step is an all-in-one product that will remove light swirls and paint dullness from your paint while also laying down an intense, high-grade paint sealant onto the surface. A genuine one step product, BLACKFIRE One Step is perfect for professional detailers looking to enhance their service selection, as well as the DIY enthusiast that wants high-performing product that isn’t complicated

BLACKFIRE One Step is low-dusting, easy to remove and can be applied by machine or by hand. Having perfect paint doesn’t have to be difficult to achieve; use BLACKFIRE One Step to remove swirls and imperfections, polishing to a high shine and protect against the elements – all in just one step!
    Features:

• Removes light swirls, dullness, and mild oxidation from paint.
    • Removes paint contamination.
    • High grade paint sealant and polish in one.
    • Dust-free and easy to remove.
    • Can be applied by hand or machine.
    • Clear coat safe.

Cost: $39.99 for 32 ounces

BLACKFIRE Paint Sealant is a premium paint sealant designed for the perfectionist. It creates an extremely slick finish and incredible depth with a revolutionary blend of three incredible polymers. Sourced from Germany and Switzerland, these polymers have a protective quality and depth of gloss that surpassed all others tested. BLACKFIRE Paint Sealant refracts light, similar to a diamond, to create a vibrant, super slippery, head-turning finish.

BLACKFIRE Paint Sealant is a sophisticated oil-in-water emulsion is safe for all finishes, with or without a clear coat. This emulsion contains a small amount of a very refined mineral spirit in a water base. Multiple coats can be layered to deepen the gloss without drying or weakening the paint.

BLACKFIRE Paint Sealant can be applied by hand or dual action polisher. It applies easily and buffs off uniformly even in climates of high heat and high humidity. You simply walk around your car wiping on and buffing off as you go. Nearly effortless.

Wet Diamond’s incredible shine is resistant to detergent washings and ultraviolet radiation. This keeps your car’s finish protected month after month and wash after wash.

BLACKFIRE Paint Sealant can be used by itself as a final sealant or as the foundation of BLACKFIRE's signature Wet Ice Over Fire shine.
    Features:

• Creates a deep gloss that “shimmers” like water.
    • Colors radiate with depth and clarity.
    • Highly resistant to UV and infrared radiation.
    • Safe for all painted finishes.

Cost: $49.99 for 32 ounces

I am huge believer in new lines of AIO's that have hit the detailing market. As I get older I really don't have the time to "chase the swirls" on my daily drivers nor want to sacrifice my clear coat with constant multi stage polishing. Therefore the new AIO's are the perfect match for me. I typically polish my cars once a year and the AIO does a great job of removing minor surface marring and restoring gloss. The new AIOs now offer fantastic cut with semi decent durabilty. I typically always top my AIO's with some type of LSP. I am also pretty careful in washing and always use a two bucket method for traditional washes or do rinseless washes with a pre soak so a once a year polish with a AIO is the perfect match.

Detail Process on 2013 Ram:

Rinseless wash with Blackfire Rinseless Wash (old formula)
    Decontaminate with clay towel and IronX spray
    Polished with Rupes, Griots GG DA, and PC 7336 with 4 inch pad
    Orange CCS and flat pads.

Thoughts and Observations:

1) The Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice One Step is a fantastic AIO. It cuts extremely well and leaves an amazing glossy finish. The work time of the product was extremely long and I had no issues at all with dusting. I would on occasionally get some dusting with HD Speed.
    2) I have always been a huge fan of HD Speed and Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice One Step is neck and neck in performance with HD Speed. I feel that HD Speed leaves slightly more gloss but Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice One Step definitely cuts much better. Both AIO's leave a slick glossy finish with HD Speed having a slightly cheaper price point.
    3) I have always been a fan on Blackfire's Wet Diamond Paint Sealant and it has been a staple in my detailing arsenal since it's release years ago. It is super easy to apply and leaves a deep glossy finish. Durability is decent and I would get several months before having to reapply. Blackfire Pro Detailers Paint Sealant appears to be a direct replacement in the new line for the Wet Diamond Paint Sealant. Both products have the same color and consistency and the new Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice paint sealant was also a breeze to apply via PC with a gold pad. I waited approximately 30 minutes for the sealant to cure and removal was effortless. The end result was an extremely glossly and slick surface.

Pictures:

Here are some reflection shots after polishing with Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice One Step. Nice reflections.

This truck had some serious marring in the inside of the door handles. Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice One Step on a micro fiber towel cleaned everything up nicely.

The door sills needed some attention and Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice One Step with a PC and a 4 inch pad made them look like new again.

I attempted to get some sun shots with the Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Paint Sealant applied but I wasn't lucky. Needless to say the gloss and slickness was fantastic.

In conclusion I was extremely pleased with these two new offerings in the Blackfire Pro Detailers line !!!!

Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

2. Thanks The Guz, Diner, liveguard06 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice One Step and Paint Sealant Review

Nice review. The truck looks great. Wet Diamond Paint Sealant was always easy to work with so if it ain't broke don't fix it and that appears to be so with the sealant in the new BF line.

I need to test out the sample of BF AIO that I received in my last order after hearing good things about it.

Post Thanks / Like

nice job. Got that white nice and glossy. and its a got a HEMI !

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review, we are really loving all the feedback on the Blackfire line!

6. Likes Safet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Curious how you performed the IronX step after the Rinseless wash. Did you still hose it off or Rinseless wash it off?

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking truck. Smart move getting white. Nice review and documentation. Thanks

9. Likes Safet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the best reflection I've seen on a white car. Nice job!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    That's the best reflection I've seen on a white car. Nice job!
    Not to take away from the quality of the work, because it does look fantastic, but, the reflection photos are a simple photography phenomenon you can easily replicate.

Car should be in a shaded area and the object being reflected should be full sun. This will maximize the appearance of the reflection. You can also leverage this at car shows/meets if you can select the spot to show your car.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    Not to take away from the quality of the work, because it does look fantastic, but, the reflection photos are a simple photography phenomenon you can easily replicate.

Car should be in a shaded area and the object being reflected should be full sun. This will maximize the appearance of the reflection. You can also leverage this at car shows/meets if you can select the spot to show your car.
    I wasn't trying to win any "photography awards" with these photos. My point was to just show off some of my work using the Blackfire products. Trust me I am more concerned with getting the job done than praises on how shiny my truck pics look.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done, Pat. I’m looking for a new AIO for the upcoming detailing season. After your review, I’m gonna give this a shot!
    Jim