autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner: Test & Review

Here’s my 1st experiences with the new Blackfire Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner. I think it will provide a bit of insight on how it performs in a variety of different situations/levels of dirt. Lets check it out.

Ok so this came in just in time for a detail that will shake most to the core. I think I should make a disclaimer and say that this 1st test subject is not your typical level of dirty. It’s almost unfair to judge any cleaner on this level, but I couldn’t help but test it out and it’s what happened to be in front of me this past weekend. Brace yourself, this isn’t for the faint hearted. Lol.

Interior from Hell.

You would’ve thought the Devil himself dropped this turd off in my driveway... But actually it was just my uncle, the same guy who sold me my current Cadillac. He just totaled his car [it was the other drivers fault] and he picked up this Camry for dirt cheap [dirt included. Lol] So of course I said sure I’ll detail it sight unseen...

1st test spot for the Blackfire Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner will be the drivers seat.

Before:

Shameless Plug goes to Wolfgang All Surface Cleaner, which I poured a little glug into my bucket full of scrub brushes.

Less than 1oz. created some nice suds to dip my brushes into.Blackfire Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner: Test & Review

This is the seat back after 1st round. Spray, let dwell for 1 min. scrub and then mop up. As you can see, lots of grime came off, but waay more to go... Interior from Hell.

This is the entire seat after round 1.

Stubborn dirt/stain.

This is after 2 rounds of scrubbing.

All this came off, and it was Still more to go. Interior from Hell is an extreme case..

I decided to throw in the towel for now. No pun intended. Lol.

At this point it would’ve just been a waste of product, so I continued to do battle on the drivers side with everything including the kitchen sink and it was like going to war.

....Moving onto the passenger side, where things only got worse! Interior from Hell Part 2.

This is where Blackfire Engine Degreaser makes a cameo. I don’t usually use Engine Degreaser on interiors... But when I do, it’s because interior is from Hell. Lol.

This is just too much...

I don’t even know what this is. All I know is it was hard and caked on dry.

Spray, let dwell for 5 min... Spray again.

Scrub like hell and mop up.

Insane.

Back to the Blackfire Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner.

And many, many rounds of different weapons of attack... Steamer.

Cyclo Brushes...

Manual brushes. [this like the 3rd. bucket that turned this black from that interior]

Why the heck did I agree to this car. I honestly told myself I’m never detailing interiors for other people ever again.Blackfire Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner: Test & Review Interior from Hell. Cruel punishment and unfair test subject for review, I’m not sure if I should hit the post button but I had to get this off my chest. Lol.

2. Likes GEM65, JustJesus, osiapstndp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner: Test & Review

Ok, try to un see what just took place in the 1st post.^ lol.
    Lets bring it back to the real world...

Blackfire Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner. The Real world review. Take 2.Blackfire Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner: Test & Review

My floormatt.

After a quik scrub with the brush. Not too bad.

Another quik scrub and mop and it’s done. Nice surprise...

At this point I couldn’t quite get a full read on this product. I guess I was still in shock from interior from Hell, and then the 2nd test it passed with flying colors... But then I remembered that my floormatt had been treated with Scotchgard, and I wonder how much that had to do with it cleaning up as easily as it did. I dunno for sure.

So I tested it a 3rd time. Next up for the Blackfire Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner is my drivers side carpet. I’ve never gotten this carpet to 100% clean in all the time I’ve owned this car because it’s just never seemed to be able to + my perfectly clean matt lays on top of it, so I don’t let it bother me too much.

Before:

After round 1 of scrubbing and vacuuming w/wet vac + mopping up with terry towel.

After round 2 of scrubbing...

That’s typical of how clean it usually gets and I leave it there... It’s not perfect and never has gotten perfectly clean. No surprise.

Here’s how it looked the next morning.

My final thoughts:
    It’s hard not to compare this cleaner to diluted APC. It seems to work and feel awfully similar to me. It does a good job, but I can’t say it’s without a doubt distinctively different in its results than what I’m used to seeing from diluted APC.

I think it’s Ideal for the detailing enthusiast who maintains his/her vehicle in good shape and only needs the occasional scrubbing of their carpet & upholstery.

Thanks for reading.Blackfire Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner: Test & Review

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner: Test & Review

I have to say the results look great. However, E2K could get that same carpet clean with plain water because he's so badass!!

5. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    I have to say the results look great. However, E2K could get that same carpet clean with plain water because he's so badass!!
    No no quit trying to flatter me... The only 1 who can perform such a masterful act with the bare minimum to work with is Thee 1 and only WaxMaster! Wax paint with his bare hands just to prove a point to a noob! Blackfire Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner: Test & Reviewlol.Blackfire Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner: Test & Review

7. Likes WaxMaster1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love that at least you challenged the product to that interior from hell!

9. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is absolutely disgusting. How someone could allow their interior to get that bad is beyond me. Unsanitary. Nasty.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    That is absolutely disgusting. How someone could allow their interior to get that bad is beyond me. Unsanitary. Nasty.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Autogeekonline mobile app
    It was by far the worst interior I’ve ever come across... I used a Magic Eraser w/APC followed by a Med. Grade Clay Towel on both sides of the windshield and still couldn’t get the glass to feel smooth... I got it clear and looking passable, but the tackiness wouldn’t go away.

Not that it’s any excuse, but the car had 337,000 thousand miles on it.