autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Leather Complete: Quik Review

Hey everyone how’s it going, this will be a quik review of this recently released product from the Blackfire line, Leather Complete.

32oz.

All these pics were taken at night so unfortunately these pics aren’t the greatest..

RTU liquid spray. Description says it Cleans, Conditions, Protects. Spray directly onto leather surface/seats and use a microfiber towel to wipe into the leather, followed by a clean dry microfiber towel to wipe off any excess product.

Very simple to use product, it doesn’t get any easier than this.. Spray, wipe clean, wipe off. Immediately dries to the touch. No greasy feel whatsoever + low subtle sheen.

While I was using it I kept checking my microfiber towel to see how much dirt it was picking up and my initial impression was that I’m used to seeing a bit more than I was.. But once I got to the high traffic areas like the leather wrapped steering wheel I found it to do a superb job of cleaning it while not leaving behind even a trace of sticky or tacky feeling afterwards. It also felt like it did so very mildly, which was impressive considering how clean it left it.

Here’s my microfiber towel afterwards. The right side was used for cleaning. Left side used for the final wipe on the whole interior of my car after the initial vacuum that I gave it. Not very much, I guess my interior was fairly clean, but you can still see some dirt.

Here’s the entire towel unfolded.

32oz. and very little is needed for maintenance use like in my situation. This bottle will last a good while.

Final thoughts:
    It does an adequate job of cleaning.
    It’s easy to use.
    Non greasy, non tacky, non shiny result.
    This is a leather product that doesn’t smell like leather... I can’t quite describe the scent it has but it’s definitely different. In regards to the scent, I think some people will like it, while there might be some who might not.. It’s definitely there and there the next morning too.. I checked my car just now and the scent has dissipated quite a bit now, so the typical 2 days is expected, similar to what we’re used to for the most part.

So there you have it. Thanks for reading.Blackfire Leather Complete: Quik Review

2. Thanks PA DETAILER thanked for this post
    Likes Meghan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Leather Complete: Quik Review

Nicely done as always, Eldo
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

4. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Nicely done as always, Eldo
    Thank you sir.Blackfire Leather Complete: Quik Review

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the review!

7. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Leather Complete: Quik Review

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Thank you for the review!
    Thanks Meghan. Blackfire Leather Complete: Quik Review

Driving in my car earlier today helped me realize something. For 1, my steering wheel is really clean, and I like the feel of a clean smooth leather steering wheel.. The whole interior’s clean, but I can’t help but think of what the towel looked like afterwards because it didn’t have as much dirt on it as usual and then it all began to make sense..

Can you guess what it is? Well I’ve come to the conclusion that the reason I’m used to seeing more “dirt” come off onto my towel after a leather wipedown is because it’s more than just dirt that’s on my towel, it’s also a bit of dye from the leather. I’ve always stated that D101 is a tic milder than D181 when it comes to cleaning power and it proves true based on the level of dirt that’s always on my towel. But today I can confirm that it’s more than just normL dirt that’s coming off and it’s due to the cleaner being a bit on the strong side.

This Blackfire Leather Complete has made me see that it really does do an effective job of cleaning while being safe enough to not go beyond what you need it to do. That’s a good thing, especially in the long run. That explains why my steering wheel is perfectly clean even though my towel didn’t turn as dark as it usually does. Blackfire Leather Complete: Quik Review

Post Thanks / Like

Can you test the pH on this product?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest45 View Post
    Can you test the pH on this product?
    I don’t have any testing strips.