autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...

Hey guys, I’ve decided to do this test in hopes of trying to find out if it’s really true that certain products such as dressings and conditioners really do attract more dust than others.. I’ve always been curious about this topic so lets get right into it and maybe this can help offer some actual proof 1 way or the other.

1st I needed a good surface to test on, somewhere that can provide fair and even coverage and also remain untouched throughout the test. This is the top shelf of my cabinet.

It collects dust.

It collects Alot of dust.

I cleaned it with APC. Layed down some tape. These are the products I’ll be testing.

Surface completely clean and ready for applications. The back area behind the horizontal tape line shall remain completely untouched and bare throughout the test.

This is immediately after every product has been applied. They were all applied using different applicators in order to prevent any cross contamination. Each product was applied twice to ensure good even coverage.

I hope you guys appreciate this, as I’ve got to find a place to put all this stuff now. Lol.

The only 1 with the possibility of interfering with the test panel and ruining the experiment is my cat, because I’m sure she’d like to use the empty shelf to sleep in... Fortunately I’ve made it cat proof using double sided tape.Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...lol.

I plan on removing the horizontal tape line later tonight when I get home as long as it comes off without disturbing the other tape lines.. And now we wait and see what happens. The dust shall come and reveal the truth.

Thanks for reading.

2. Thanks Mariana, Themikerobe thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ, osiapstndp, gspam1, SWETM, Finick and 4 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...

Interesting. Nice job Eldorado2k.

I look forward to your findings with this. I had a regular client in this past week that since I've looked after their vehicle I have used a diluted CarPro Pearl on the tops of the door trim & dash - as they like the semi-gloss, satin look. The previous time I had this vehicle in I used Gyeon Vinyl Cleaner & while it looked virtually the same as Perl I did notice this time there was more dust on these surfaces than normal.

Great test idea mate, again - I look forward to your findings.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

4. Thanks Eldorado2k, Themikerobe thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...

Interesting

6. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This will be cool, nice work man

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

8. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I make a suggestion?

It would be nice to see how a cleaned area without any other treatment compares. Can you do that?

EDIT: Nevermind. I re-read your post and see that you've got this covered. I tried deleting my post but was unsuccessful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    Can I make a suggestion?

It would be nice to see how a cleaned area without any other treatment compares. Can you do that?

EDIT: Nevermind. I re-read your post and see that you've got this covered. I tried deleting my post but was unsuccessful.
    You edited your post just in time. I was about to reply. You saved me a little bit of time. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...

There’s a couple of main reasons I decided to try this experiment.
    1. Not too long ago I used the Boyds Interior Detailer to wipedown my coffee table & TV. Initial results were good, but it’s long term results were what made me take notice. My coffee table & TV are black, and I’m used to having to constantly vacuum because they collect dust rather quickly, but suddenly I began to notice that they were staying cleaner longer. I’ve been wanting to mention this product but didn’t want to make any declarations until I was completely certain about it, but my initial results have left me impressed.

2. If leather conditioner doesn’t attract any more dust than the others...Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out... No comment at this time. Lol.

That top shelf normally collect more dust than the other shelves. Can’t wait to see how it turns out. Right now they all look equal as far as dust, Hyper Dressing & BriteMax Interior Dressing look noticeably darker than the rest.

I’m in no rush though, think of this like a good 1st blood match.. I’ll provide updates w/pics, but it’s not gonna end pre maturely if 1 of them has a cut lip, or a little bloody nose... 1st Blood means it’s gonna run until it’s caked with dust just like the 1st pic! Then we shall make final judgment.Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...

12. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting test. Will be fun to see the findings you get.

I pictured that poor cat tangled up in the tape though LOL Hope she make it without getting cought up in it lol

14. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post

I pictured that poor cat tangled up in the tape though LOL Hope she make it without getting cought up in it lol
    There’s clear evidence that she tried to make her way in there sometime today.Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...lol. Cats hate tape, but it looks like she made a decent attempt and loosened all 3 strips. [other side is untouched because she can’t access it]

Luckily she couldn’t bare it long enough to successfully remove it and get in there. Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...lol.

I’m going to reinforce it and make it even harder for her to attempt.Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Hey guys, I’ve decided to do this test in hopes of trying to find out if it’s really true that certain products such as dressings and conditioners really do attract more dust than others.. I’ve always been curious about this topic so lets get right into it and maybe this can help offer some actual proof 1 way or the other.

1st I needed a good surface to test on, somewhere that can provide fair and even coverage and also remain untouched throughout the test. This is the top shelf of my cabinet.

It collects dust.

It collects Alot of dust.

I cleaned it with APC. Layed down some tape. These are the products I’ll be testing.

Surface completely clean and ready for applications. The back area behind the horizontal tape line shall remain completely untouched and bare throughout the test.

This is immediately after every product has been applied. They were all applied using different applicators in order to prevent any cross contamination. Each product was applied twice to ensure good even coverage.

I hope you guys appreciate this, as I’ve got to find a place to put all this stuff now. Lol.

The only 1 with the possibility of interfering with the test panel and ruining the experiment is my cat, because I’m sure she’d like to use the empty shelf to sleep in... Fortunately I’ve made it cat proof using double sided tape.Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...lol.

I plan on removing the horizontal tape line later tonight when I get home as long as it comes off without disturbing the other tape lines.. And now we wait and see what happens. The dust shall come and reveal the truth.

Thanks for reading.
    I think the cat can get through that clear tape

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast