autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I think the cat can get through that clear tape
    Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...-img_7118-jpg

Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I think the cat can get through that clear tape
    Sure, physically the cat can make it through there... But you have to understand that cats hate tape just as much as they hate water. The moment they find out they’ve come in contact with tape they freak out and retract. I could put a bowl of her favorite canned food behind those strips of tape and she wouldn’t be able to get to it. Lol.

3. Likes fightnews liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

awesome test, will be interesting to see results. And I actually laughed out loud at you cat-proofing the test haha

5. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great thread. Doing the same on an engine cowling might accelerate the results.. .

Post Thanks / Like

Any update on the results?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by engineerwolf View Post
    Any update on the results?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Yes, thanks for asking.

So it’s been about a month now, and it was a rough start because I had to keep a close eye on my stubborn, hard headed cat as she was desperate to crawl into that bookshelf for a good nap.

“Don’t you know I want to go in there?! Why did you put double sided tape across the entrance? Don’t you know I hate tape”?! Lol.

9. Likes Mariana, GEM65, osiapstndp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...

So onto the 1 month update.

There’s absolutely no difference between the sections at this point.

Lets bring it out for a closer look.

The only noticeable difference is how the Pinnacle Leather Conditioner still has a darkening effect going on the panel. It can be seen here.

The BriteMax Interior Dressing also has a slight darkening effect that’s still visible.

But other than that, not 1 of the panels is attracting more dust than the others. They’re all gradually attracting dust at the same rate, including the controlled section.

So where’s all the anti Leather Conditioner people? Where’s Judy B?Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...

Post Thanks / Like

Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...

Ok it’s been exactly 7 weeks since the beginning of this test and I’m ready to draw an official conclusion.

The panel remained untouched and undisturbed for the whole 7 weeks. Here’s what the panel looks like today.

As we can see, the dust on the panel is completely uniform.

The only indication of any real difference is the Pinnacle Leather Conditioner section, which has managed to retain its darkening effect. Impressive, thumbs up to the Pinnacle.

Based on the fair and equal test: Hyper Dressing @1:1, Pinnacle Leather Conditioner, Megs D180 Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, Britemax Interior Dressing Do Not attract anymore dust than Megs D156, Boyds Interior Detailer [anti static formula]

The controlled section on the right of the panel attracted dust at the same rate as every other panel. Zero difference, as we can clearly see.

Here, I wiped across the panel with my finger, touching the panel for the 1st time in 7 weeks to better show the uniform rate of which the dust settled across the panel.

I made a horizontal line across each panel. Everything is equally the same.

Upside down, to show each panel in the same lighting.

Conclusion: Leather Conditioners and even dressings Do Not attract dust under normL conditions. I hope this helps put an end to the long time speculation and false claims.

Thanks for reading.

12. Thanks tmdals0213, k35fields, Dan Tran, Maxreed241, gspam1 and 4 others thanked for this post
    Likes TheSteelFoX, GEM65, Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Ok it’s been exactly 7 weeks since the beginning of this test and I’m ready to draw an official conclusion.

Conclusion: Leather Conditioners and even dressings Do Not attract dust under normL conditions. I hope this helps put an end to the long time speculation and false claims.

Thanks for reading.
    And thank YOU for doing the test!! Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...

14. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tmdals0213 View Post
    And thank YOU for doing the test!! Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...
    Thanks, your appreciation is much appreciated.Do some interior products really attract more dust than others? Lets try and find out...

16. Thanks tmdals0213 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast