autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner (D-143)

For this review, I’m going to share my thoughts on using Meg’s Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner (D-143) as a maintenance wheel cleaner. I’m not going to focus on its ability as a tire cleaner.

*Unbiased Review Disclaimer* I purchased this product with my own $$. This product was not sent to me in exchange for a review.

From AG’s copy:

Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner is a professional-grade wheel and tire cleaner that forgoes caustic acids and instead relies on smart chemistry. Designed to clean clear coated, factory painted and chrome wheels, Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner enables you to save time and maximize profits by relying on one wheel cleaner for most applications. Like the name implies, Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner removes dirt and grime from tires as well. Now that’s what we call a great value!

Over the years I’ve used a lot of different wheel cleaners. You name it - I’ve probably tried it. All in an effort to keep my dust happy BMW rims clean. And as much a Sio2 or SiC coating helps to create a dust barrier allowing for easier maintenance cleaning there are times only using my pressure washer alone isn’t enough. I don’t always need to break out the “big guns” and use a ferrous metal removing product but I still need to use *something* in order to clean my rims w/o resorting to a soapy bucket of wheel cleaning brushes.

Enter Meg’s D-143

Directions:

1. Spray the wheel or tire down with cool water,
    2. Spray D-143 onto the surface- one tire/wheel at a time,
    3. Wait 30 seconds
    4. Rinse off
    5. Repeat on remaining rims

Here’s one of my rims after a week of driving:

Pre-rinsed with my pressure washer, notice there is still a layer of crud present:

D-143 applied:

Rinsed off after 30 seconds:

Much better! And I didn’t have to scrub anything!!!

Conclusion

As a maintenance wheel cleaner D-143 when paired with a basic pressure washer like mine (AR Blue 383) is an effective way
    of keeping your rims clean. I’ve been using D-143 for the last few months and will be purchasing more.

Will D-143 remove embedded ferrous iron build up? Nope! And it’s not supposed to. You’ll still need to break out a ferrous iron decon product for that, but by using D-143 hopefully, you’ll save time and money by extending the amount of time it takes for ferrous deposits to occur.

D-143 is
    incredibly cost-effective @ $21.99 for a GALLON. It can even be diluted 2:1!

Bonus mini review: This was the first time I’ve purchased a Meguiars branded spray bottle to use with D-143. I gotta say it’s a nice touch to use a pre-labeled color-coded bottle so you know at a glance exactly what's in the bottle. I also paired the bottle with a 360 upside down sprayer so no matter what angle I’m holding the bottle D-143 is dispensed.

I hope this review was helpful!

2. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, K370Z, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner (D-143)

Good review. I use this as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Autogeekonline mobile app

4. Thanks sorehands thanked for this post
    Likes Angus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post

Bonus mini review: This was the first time I’ve purchased a Meguiars branded spray bottle to use with D-143. I gotta say it’s a nice touch to use a pre-labeled color-coded bottle so you know at a glance exactly what's in the bottle. I also paired the bottle with a 360 upside down sprayer so no matter what angle I’m holding the bottle D-143 is dispensed. [/FONT][/COLOR]

I hope this review was helpful!
    [/SIZE]
    Good review, Angus.

I like this product for light duty and maintenance. For tougher jobs, I use Poorboy's World Spray N Rinse. (I think it's acid-based).

D143 also represents excellent value. I use it quite often, and ended up picking up a second gallon as I got to about 1/3-empty on my first gallon.

I like the branded bottles, with their color matched labels. Not big on it's size, but I don't have that many to make it an issue. I have, four, I believe. Just enough

I need me one of those 360 sprayers. I'm low on my glass cleaner, and i have to hold the bottle a certain way to get the sprayer to pump the stuff out.

6. Likes Angus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review...I'm a wheel brighter user but have looking for something a little lighter...just ordered a gallon thanks again

Sent from my Z982 using Autogeekonline mobile app

8. Likes Angus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that sprayer sold here?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Is that sprayer sold here?
    Shhhhh, Setec you’re going to get me trouble...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Shhhhh, Setec you’re going to get me trouble...
    I wasn't trying to get you in trouble, I was trying to look for it in the store here because it sounded interesting, but I couldn't find it.

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic review Angus !!! This wheel cleaner has been on my radar as a supplement to Megs Wheel Brightner. Just looking for a cleaner for maintenance details when clients wheels just need a good cleaning but don't really need or can't use WB. I like the fact that it is a tire cleaner as well.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

13. Likes Angus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

D143 is my go-to. I haven't found Wheel Brightener to work any better for me, and I prefer the slight foaming of D143. I've always used a brush to help the process though. Never could get away with no agitation to get wheels really clean.

Plus, D143 makes a good tire cleaner. Two birds, one stone, all that. I use it with this brush on tires: Low Profile Tire Brush

15. Likes Angus, Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

^ This. ^

It’s my go to as well. I use an old EcoTouch spray bottle which adds a little foaming action. Good stuff and I buy it by the gallon.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast