autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Meguiars D166 Ultra Polishing Wax

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    dang, I've been really looking forward to your thoughts on BF 1-step
    On a side note, I’m liking the regular LC MF cutting pads better than the HDO on my 15 & 21. Do you prefer the HDO MF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Meguiars D166 Ultra Polishing Wax

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    On a side note, I’m liking the regular LC MF cutting pads better than the HDO on my 15 & 21. Do you prefer the HDO MF?

I've spent a ton of time with the HDO microfiber and the standard LC microfiber cutting pads and IMO they are virtually identical except for the tapered edge and center cooling chamber on the HDO microfiber cutting pad.

Now all I buy are the regular LC microfiber cutting pads and I punch the center cooling chamber out myself. I honestly never realized how poor the quality of Megs microfiber cutting pads were until I started using these LC microfiber cutting pads.

I don't own a 21mm long throw polisher but the standard LC MF cutting pads seem to stand up to the added abuse and heat of a 15mm long throw polisher just fine.

I don't think the additional costs for the HDO microfiber cutting pads is really necessary.

You should definitely try using getting a 5/8" hollow punch off amazon and punch out the center cooling chamber yourself. I think they're like $10-12 and you don't even have to use a hammer to punch them out, you can just twist the punch and it slices right through the pad. It has really helped increase the life of the foam interface on both my megs and LC microfiber cutting pads. My megs MF don't warp as much as they did before punching out the center and the foam interface and velcro backing now last longer than the actual microfiber nap

Post Thanks / Like

Review - Meguiars D166 Ultra Polishing Wax

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    I've spent a ton of time with the HDO microfiber and the standard LC microfiber cutting pads and IMO they are virtually identical except for the tapered edge and center cooling chamber on the HDO microfiber cutting pad.

Now all I buy are the regular LC microfiber cutting pads and I punch the center cooling chamber out myself. I honestly never realized how poor the quality of Megs microfiber cutting pads were until I started using these LC microfiber cutting pads.

I don't own a 21mm long throw polisher but the standard LC MF cutting pads seem to stand up to the added abuse and heat of a 15mm long throw polisher just fine.

I don't think the additional costs for the HDO microfiber cutting pads is really necessary.

You should definitely try using getting a 5/8" hollow punch off amazon and punch out the center cooling chamber yourself. I think they're like $10-12 and you don't even have to use a hammer to punch them out, you can just twist the punch and it slices right through the pad. It has really helped increase the life of the foam interface on both my megs and LC microfiber cutting pads. My megs MF don't warp as much as they did before punching out the center and the foam interface and velcro backing now last longer than the actual microfiber nap
    Thanks, just bought a 5/8” hole punch. How did you center it on the pad? I don’t prefer the tapered edge.

Out of curiosity, why do you not use a 21mm? Do you have a Chinese or Rupes 15?

'03 Corvette Z06

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123