autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gyeon Syncro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Syncro

Panel Wipe is strong stuff. It can cause issues on softer paints. Was recommended to dilute it 1:1 for softer paints by a Gtechniq authorized installer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    I suspect Panel Wipe is turpentine or mineral spirits. It just laughs - followed by a simultaneous burp and fart - at anything on paint. I use it around the house as well to remove things The Boy draws on...
    Gotcha. I stretch CarPro Eraser by mixing in my own IPA solution mix. I feel Eraser and Prep are "safer" but am not sure and I find mixing in 25%-50% of my own IPA with it still maintains a safe level of lubricants or whatever it is in their product that doesn't cause a drag on the paint.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post

I am switching gears a bit with my personal vehicle as originally I was going to do Syncro as I've done with my wife's SUV, but I thought it over after reading through some insight from Jeff at Gyeon and am going to go with their PURE product and then topping it with Skin as I have some left over from the Syncro kits I've applied. Can't wait.

Looking forward to pics of yours. Love the blue.
    Be sure to check out Jeff's how to on detailed image ask a pro blog fore pure. The quirky application is what is holding me back from using it. Don't know if I want to go through the hassle of it. Also Forensic Detailing on youtube mentioned the difficulty in removing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Be sure to check out Jeff's how to on detailed image ask a pro blog fore pure. The quirky application is what is holding me back from using it. Don't know if I want to go through the hassle of it. Also Forensic Detailing on youtube mentioned the difficulty in removing it.
    I've seen those. I'm okay with giving it a shot. Being it's my personal car, I may just give a go a few panels at a time. This will allow me to go slow and ensure it turns out perfect. I will likely start with the deck lid as it's small enough. I'm really curious to see how it's gloss level appears in comparison to what I've used in the past.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    I suspect Panel Wipe is turpentine or mineral spirits. It just laughs - followed by a simultaneous burp and fart - at anything on paint. I use it around the house as well to remove things The Boy draws on...
    It's based on ethanol around 50% and a glycol ester 20-25%. And it's was the msds sheat of says

6. Thanks kevincwelch thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12