autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sonax PNS vs Carpro Reload

Test

Sent from my XT1650 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax PNS vs Carpro Reload

Do tell. Results and photo evidence please

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Lol. Sorry. Screwed that up. Will post actual thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Never tried carpro reload however my experience with sonax pns has always produced satisfactory results for me. Can’t wait to see the comparison, OP.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for screwing the first post up. Lol.

I thought I would provide you guys a little comparison that I did recently. I have seen comparisons of Sonax PNS vs. Gyeon cancoat and Carpro reload vs. Sonax BSD. I think both of those comparisons are apples and oranges. These 2 are more comparable due to they are both spray sealants that have a duration of about 6 months.

I started with an IPA wipe to remove the old Collinite 845 lsp. I then polished all of the hood with Sonax 04-06 with a B&S Blue pad. I wiped the panel down with 914 at a 1:8 ratio with a bit of IPA added in to give me what I thought was a clean canvas. Put Sonax PNS with a foam applicator on passenger side and Carpro Reload on the driver's side by spraying on and using a new microfiber applicator to ensure even coverage before I buffed off. Both products got 2 applications and plenty of time to cure.

My first impressions we're that Carpro had a slight edge in gloss. And was obviously slicker to the touch. But that was to be expected.

Then came real life. Bot had really good beading for the first 2 weeks and then weather set in. A rare 6 inches of snow came to NC. I took some pics after being at work all day. There seemed to be more snow left on the Reload side.

Sonax PNS vs Carpro Reload-img_20180118_114513227_hdr-jpg

I did do the passenger side light with PNS and did not to the driver's side light with Reload. But there was still more snow on the Reload side of the hood. Front of car still has 845 on it.

My surprise came when I washed it today. 2 bucket with Poorboys slick and suds. The results were astonishing.

Sonax PNS vs Carpro Reload-img_20180120_142956700_hdr-jpg

The Sonax PNS was awesome. And the Carpro Reload was completely dead.

Sonax PNS
    Sonax PNS vs Carpro Reload-img_20180120_143005418_hdr-jpg

Carpro Reload
    Sonax PNS vs Carpro Reload-img_20180120_143009851_hdr-jpg

It could be that I had user error with the application of the Reload or it didn't like the McKees 914. But I don't think that is it. The drying towel kept dragging slightly on the Reload side leaving little lint. There was a lot of contaminants on the car from the recent snow storm and salted roads and I believe that they bonded much more to the Reload side.

I was completely shocked to say the least. The Sonax PNS performed great compared to the Reload. It wasn't even close.

I know Carpro is a great company and produce good products. But Sonax is the clear winner in my eyes. You could tell me to wash the Carpro side again. But that's not the point. As I was taught by my grandfather long ago " life is hard enough, surround yourself with bulletproof s#!t. Don't make it harder than you need to." Well in my eyes Sonax PNS is bulletproof. Lol.

6. Likes tofuproductions liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Something sounds off. Maybe dumb to say, but then again maybe not. "The Reload fell off your car".

Is it possible? Yeah, I would guess that something went wrong, awry, possibly an incompatibility issue, appears Reload did not adhere. That your "slate" was not as clean as perhaps thought to be? Or?

I know Reload was re-formulized a few times over the past few years, and I've gotten good longevity with the past 3 formulas. The only one dislike was the one version which left some evidence of oily holograms, and that formula I did return for refund.

I would think even the cheapest no name dollar store wax would do better than this.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with that is something off. Did you wait a little time between wipe down with N-914 and application? So it had time to evaporate before application. And did you shake the bottle with reload and was it a new bought? And how was the temperature and moisture when applyied? And have the bottle been frosen? Those are the things that comes to mind of what could be off. Other wise it's most remarkable that reload has gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the comparison! You should do Sonax PNS vs Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish next

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I agree with that is something off. Did you wait a little time between wipe down with N-914 and application? So it had time to evaporate before application. And did you shake the bottle with reload and was it a new bought? And how was the temperature and moisture when applyied? And have the bottle been frosen? Those are the things that comes to mind of what could be off. Other wise it's most remarkable that reload has gone.
    Other thoughts might be, were temps, humidity and time being needed to perhaps allow some curing possibly not favorable factors with Reload?

I know when winter comes, and the coming of colder and goofy weather, I usually try to beat the weather gods and get some applications of some sort of protectants on board before the SHTF.

11. Thanks Ochnob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Something obviously went wrong. I am not the most experienced, and am just starting down this really addicting road of finding out what works for me. The bottle of reload was brand new. Just got it. It may have gotten frozen in shipping. But I had it inside for days before applying. It was about 15 minutes after the 914 wipe that I did the reload. I did the PNS side first. It’s was only probably 45-50 degrees when I applied them. So maybe that has something to do with it.

But this is my point. I applied the PNS first with absolutely no issues at all. First! I don’t want products that are finicky. Ones that you have to apply while standing on one leg, at exactly 68 degrees, with a NW breeze of 15mph. Lol. I’m not trying to be difficult and I do hate when people post negative reviews because of their stupidity. But I am researching this stuff all the time now and trying to do the the proper steps. I really want to like the reload. I want to put Reload on one of my cars and PNS on the other.

I will try to wash and examine again today to figure out what may have happened.

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast