autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax PNS vs Carpro Reload

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Reload probably needs surgicially clean paint to adhere isn't it quartz based?
    I'm surely not one of the product's technicians-designers to elaborate of what you say is possibly true? That the Quartz/SIO component of the product will not properly bond to anything less than pristine clean paint, or a paint that was previously CQuartzed?

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax PNS is a great product.

HUMP
    Carolina Auto Image
    Upstate South Carolina - Premium Exclusive Automotive Reconditioning
    info@carolinaautoimage.com

Post Thanks / Like

Reload is a polymer based spray product with 5% SiO2. It's also got a high solvent content in it. I'm not sure if it uses fluorine as a carrier for the SiO2 or not, but the durability is not as long as claimed. I use it mostly on rims and trim, and that's it. Once the stuff I have is gone, I wont' be buying anymore of it. It doesn't protect for that long, it's not that easy to use. It doesn't bead well, I think about 80 degree water contact angle or so, nothing too impressive. That being said, you should test the dirty release of the Reload side to truly see if it's still there or not. On my rims after an entire winter, it doesn't bead to save its life but the water release is excellent. One powerwash usually and Iron X doesn't really react after.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Ok. First I want to commend AG on its excellent customer service. I got a new bottle of Carpro Reload. Something must have happened with the first bottle. Polished the hood, ipa wipe, and reapplied. Seems to be just fine on the Reload side. It was dark tonight but I will post some follow up pics this weekend of how it’s holding up and compare it to the PNS side.

Thanks again to the AG staff! I will be a loyal customer for a long time after dealing with a company that actually cares about customer service.

5. Likes SWETM, VitreousHumor, BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I got a replacement bottle of Carpro Reload and I thought I would give a now fair comparison between the 2. I polished the old Reload side and reapplied after an IPA wipe. Seems to be fine now. The Relaod side is certainly slicker. But when it comes to beading and self cleaning I believe the Sonax PNS still rules. Below is a picture after a recent rainstorm. As you can see the Sonax on to passenger side is almost dry 20-30 minutes after. The Reload side still has plenty of water left on it. Though a little more grabby, I will lean towards the PNS for my liking.

Sonax PNS vs Carpro Reload-img_20180127_142356666_hdr-jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Autogeekonline mobile app

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Usually it's wwater contact angle that determines how much water is left. I believe reload had a relatively poor water contact angle.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Reload is a polymer based spray product with 5% SiO2. It's also got a high solvent content in it. I'm not sure if it uses fluorine as a carrier for the SiO2 or not, but the durability is not as long as claimed. I use it mostly on rims and trim, and that's it. Once the stuff I have is gone, I wont' be buying anymore of it. It doesn't protect for that long, it's not that easy to use. It doesn't bead well, I think about 80 degree water contact angle or so, nothing too impressive. That being said, you should test the dirty release of the Reload side to truly see if it's still there or not. On my rims after an entire winter, it doesn't bead to save its life but the water release is excellent. One powerwash usually and Iron X doesn't really react after.
    Well, I don't know anymore where this all stands?

But I can remember a video, probably posted by Corey from Carpro, where that smeary nasty Reload version wouldn't come off the paint with numerous wash downs with APC.

So, what has happened after that?

Ok, so let's take some things at face value here, and let's "De-Analize" ourselves for just a second.

So, Reload is a needed product after a application of CQuartz after it's applied to prevent water spotting while the coating goes through its final cure of a said to be 7 days.

Well, does it? Does it need Reload? Or what if I throw the bottle of Reload in the trash can, and say let's try something different?

How about a coat of Colly 845 on top? Why not?

Will Colly 845 hurt or remove CQuartz? Me, I doubt it.

Now all you fellas looking for the last little bit of beading and sheeting, and pounding your brains out over such, is it really that important?

You go with coatings largely for protection, don't you? Or am I missing something? Have we become so anal, that we're doing photo-shoots for beading, and run-off as a gauge to determine a product's worth? is that all there is, and is the only joy left in this game?

Next time I correct and coat a vehicle, I think it's high time I think off the grid, and make some unorthodox choices of products. And I just might not be wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

My apologies to all for my last post. Wasn't my intentions to perhaps insult anyone here, and at the time I was perhaps thinking off the grid, and perhaps not that logically.

Before anyone else says it, I've stepped back and thought about this some more, and with some logic.

I'd imagine that sure, one could apply any product they like after coating a vehicle, but will it be the best choice? Will such other products prove beneficial as they are not specifically designed to be used as such.

While my previous comment might be correct, that a lesser wax or sealant won't perhaps damage or remove a coating, but will likely not properly bond with-to the coating, and thus longevity is likely to be less than such products being used solely on their own.

I know that while I'm thinking off the grid in my previous post and would maybe consider trying such as an experiment, I haven't myself actually done this on my coated vehicle, preferring as it would be said to "keep it in the family", and have used nothing but Reload on my own CQuartzed vehicle.

The one-two punch combo of CQ UK and Reload have kept my vehicle looking good, and would guess the Reload has aided the longevity of CQ UK.

I'm currently nearing or at the 3 year mark with CQ UK, and although I have some minor marring caused by a car cover and the rubbing of it by high southwest desert winds and dusts, overall I've been extremely satisfied with these products.

I plan on a total correction again, and the re-application of CQ UK this coming spring when conditions allow.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say that reload is kind of a pointless product if you're using cquartz UK already. The reason I say that is because reload to top the coating is defeating the actual point of the coating. Now that being said reload is a decent sealant in its own, I just think there's much better ones out there.

I believe the chemistry of reload is made so that it will actually stay on cquartz.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    I would say that reload is kind of a pointless product if you're using cquartz UK already. The reason I say that is because reload to top the coating is defeating the actual point of the coating. Now that being said reload is a decent sealant in its own, I just think there's much better ones out there.

I believe the chemistry of reload is made so that it will actually stay on cquartz.
    We use Reload over freshly applied CQuartz to keep it from water spotting. It also adds slickness to CQuartz.

13. Likes AutowerxDetailing liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast