autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a few reviews..

I am pretty new to higher end product so take this with a grain of salt but..

Poorboys Natural Stuff - Great Product !! I used this on my entire interior plastics, rubber and even leather. It transformed my interior. I tested a few spots that I had spilled or had some caked on grime.. it cleaned up and finished very nicely. It left a bright but not oily look and the feel was like a Matt finish. It cleaned and helped my leather but I didn't see much dirt on my rags so I'm not sure it was acutely cleaning as much as dressing the leather. I tried it on my tires after the a good cleaning and although it says you can, it didn't do anything for mine. I did apply some to myou exterior rubber and plastics about two weeks ago and you can see a noticeable difference still today after my wash. It was the same as the interior, great cleaning ability and great finish. Defenitley recommend this product, just need something different for leather and tires.

Poor boys APC- I used this on the interior at 15:1 and it was a little strong so I stopped. It left a sticky fealing to the area applied too. I did apply to the tires, stock wheels and fender wells. I had dome trouble with and transmission fluid flying all over my under carrage and this cleaned it up very nice at even at 15:1. It cleaned my wheels great and took all brake dust away and clearned my tires pretty well too. I might go to 10:1 next time fr the tires but it did work very well.

Optimum Car Wax - WOW!!!! This stuff transformed my paint. I am still waiting on a few products in the mail to use my mk360 and do an actual correction but this came in the mail so I had to try ! I've always used Meguiars gold class wax but I have never seen my black paint reflect like this. 2 sprays per large panel and I used it while drying. It did stresk some which I have seen discussed but after it dried I wiped it down with a new towel and all was great. Very Very happy with this product. I will update later on durability, we have rain I the forecast all next week this is perfect timing.

2. Likes BudgetPlan1, tofuproductions, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I have a few reviews..

The only product I use on your list is the APC. I've never had any issues with it at any dilution ratio. I have a bottle of 1:1 for heavy grime on stuff like exhaust tips, 1:15-ish for general purposes, and I think 1:20 for leather. It's been a while since I mixed up my bottles.

What type of surface became sticky? I've used the product on all sorts of interior surfaces and never encountered anything like that.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

It was the arm rest, which i believe is some type of vinyl, definitely not leather. Maybe that area was always a little faded but it seems like the area is a little blotchy now too. I used it on the plastics all around the dash and even some other vinyl-like areas and they all did fine. It was just the arms that were sticky and blotchy. Maybe, just maybe it is real leather and the ratio was too strong? I didn't even try it on my leather seats so i cant compare there. But it definitely has a sticky feeling to it. I was going to follow it up yesterday with some Natural Look and see if that took the feeling away. I just forgot.

Post Thanks / Like

How old is the vinyl on the armrest? How well was it kept in the past.

I've had places like steering wheels and shift knobs get a little sticky in the past, but that was simply because they were really grimy from constant contact with my hands. It took a little extra cleaning to bring them back to being clean and the right feel.

Maybe take a soft damp towel and gently try to clean a less visible area of the armrest to see how much grime is actually coming up.

Post Thanks / Like

It is 8 years old so its not new, but after camping it can get a little dirty and built up from the trip and contact from my dirty hands opening and closing the doors. Before i got the Poorboys i had always used an old spray bottle of some Meguiars interior spray. It was more like a coating than a cleaner so i usually wiped everything down with a damp rag using water, then dried and used the Meguiars.
    Are you suggesting to wipe it down with a damp rag of water or damp rag with the apc ? I felt like it got a little blotchy and sticky so i stopped and was nervous about making it worse. There isn't much un-noticble area on this panel so i either have to cross my fingers and do it, or try something else ? ha
    I am getting a small sample of Griots 3-1 leather cleaner from a person so should i try that first ?

Post Thanks / Like

I was suggesting a rag damp with water to play it safe, but it sounds like you've gone that approach in the past. Did the stickiness go away after it dried? If not, I'm at a loss.

Post Thanks / Like

i am going to try the damp rag right now. ill give it 10 min or so to completely dry and then ill check.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the worst time uploading pictures, sometime they take them sometimes they don't. i don't get it..

either way, the white rag is pretty dirty ! it had definitely pulled up some dirt. I will do the sticky test soon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 01AUDI View Post
    I have the worst time uploading pictures, sometime they take them sometimes they don't. i don't get it..
    You have to do it through your smartphone. Download an app called Tapatalk and post pictures that are on your phone. Works everytime guaranteed.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh ill have to search for that. thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast