autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire One Step vs. HD Speed

I bought a bottle when it first came out. Really nice stuff. I don't see anything about Speed that's better than it (But, I've only used it once - outside in nice weather conditions). If the longevity is there, then it's probably a Speed beater for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    Even though I just bought a 32oz. bottle of BF One-step a few weeks ago this deal is too good to pass up.
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw the sale price and 20 percent off.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by lj993 View Post

I have a some friends with a

white 2013 Porsche 911,

a black 2014 Toyota Rav4

a goldish, 2012 Toyota Highlander

Phil

That's a good collection of cars to test out a one-step cleaner/wax.

What polisher are you going to use?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a flex 3401, a Rupes 21 and a Porter Cable 7424xp. I will try out the lake country orange and white pads on the flex 3401 and the green yellow and white Rupes pads on the Rupes 21. The Porter Cable 7424xp is set up with a 3 inch backing plate. I have some 3 inch lake country pads for it.

A few weeks ago I was cleaning up some scratches on a black Toyota RAV4. I was using HD Speed with the orange pads and noticed some hazing. I just couldn't get it really clear. I switched to the white pads and slowed down the speed and it polished out beautifully.

These sales are killing me! I do this for fun and stress relief. I could open an Auto Geek West Coast Outlet with all the product pads and tools that I have collected! I haven't even received my initial order for Blackfire One Step and I see that it is on sale for $29. With the 20% off promotion and free shipping it is down to $24.

I opened a new cart and got another bottle of Blackfire One Step, one bottle of Blackfire Polish and some pinnacle poly clay. Thanks for the tip Mike!

I can't wait to try them all out. I might have to give up my day job.

Happy New Year to you all. Thanks to this forum for all of the great advice and ideas.

Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Claims it’s a sale price is this permanent pricing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The regular retail price is $39.99 Sale price is $29.95 I'm not sure how long this item will be on sale?

6. Likes eevilweevil liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The package arrived! I finally got a chance to use the Blackfire One Step. I have to say that I am impressed. The wind was howling and it was chilly but sunny. I only had about thirty minutes but I wanted to try out the One Step. I polished out the hood on our Land Rover LR3. Tonga Green. Wow. Because I was short on time I didn't even clay the hood. I used a Flex 3401 and a Lake Country Orange pad. Four pea sized drops and no priming. After just a few passes in direct bright mid-day sun, the One Step performed brilliantly. It left the paint clean bright and swirl free. Micro scratches were virtually non-existent. The finish was silky smooth, it sounds like a hair conditioner commercial.

I was so impressed I thought that I would try it on the rear quarter panels of our black Porsche 993. I had some mechanical work done recently and the rear panels ended up with some fine scratches. The shop tried to wipe things down but it had lots of micro scratches. The results were incredible. Using the same pad that I used on the Land Rover I started the 993. After a few slow passes the paint looked terrific. I am very impressed.

I love the HD Speed. I have been a big cheerleader for it. It has been my go to product since it was introduced. I haven't had a chance to do a side by side, but thus far, the Blackfire One Step is looking very good! I was blown away at the initial results. You will be too. You won't be disappointed.

I was able to score the Blackfire on sale at $29 plus an extra 20% off with free shipping. I now have 3 new bottles of Blackfire One Step and 2 new bottles of HD Speed. I should be set for two or three years! I smile a sucker for good deals.

The order of the photos is messed up. Sorry about that.

Photos of the Land Rover don't show the before condition very well. I didn't take any pre shots of the 993, frankly I wasn't expecting the incredible results. The photo of the right rear panel of the 993 with the multiple sun reflections is a result of the different angles in the panel, not swirls or micro scratches. The paint looks like you could reach into it. There are some weird spots that look like defects, not sure what they are, could be dust specks. The paint is clean and super smooth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blackfire One Step vs. HD Speed-img_4786-jpg   Blackfire One Step vs. HD Speed-img_4782-jpg   Blackfire One Step vs. HD Speed-img_4778-jpg   Blackfire One Step vs. HD Speed-img_4777-jpg   Blackfire One Step vs. HD Speed-img_4776-jpg   Blackfire One Step vs. HD Speed-img_4775-jpg   Blackfire One Step vs. HD Speed-img_4772-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

The description says not to use under direct sun. 360 seems to say direct sun is OK. Not sure about Speed. I chose 360 and stick with it because I don't always have shade to work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    I just ordered a sample of the Blackfire One Step! If it is better than Speed then it must be really awesome. The longevity seems to be the weakest part of Speed,but it's not terrible at that even.
    I have a sample I'll be using it on my roof. I only have menzerna 3 in 1 to compare it to but i will let everyone know

Post Thanks / Like

Hope this isn’t a stupid question, I’m new...but is this a new formula or something? I was looking at the reviews and they go back to 2015. AIO’s seem to very popular lately and speed seems to be a AG favorite but now blackfire is coming out of the woodwork?

Again, hope it’s not a stupid question. I’m researching AIO for spring cleanup. I have little time with work and my paints are well taken care of so looking for something with ease of use and has longevity that’s why I’m asking.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whipped500 View Post
    Hope this isn’t a stupid question, I’m new...but is this a new formula or something? I was looking at the reviews and they go back to 2015. AIO’s seem to very popular lately and speed seems to be a AG favorite but now blackfire is coming out of the woodwork?

Again, hope it’s not a stupid question. I’m researching AIO for spring cleanup. I have little time with work and my paints are well taken care of so looking for something with ease of use and has longevity that’s why I’m asking.
    Thanks
    Blackfire 1-step is a completely new product with nothing in common with Blackfire Total Polish and Seal. The old formula was junk IMO. It was way too runny and it really wasn't capable of even lightest swirl removal. I would categorize it closer to a non-abrasive cleaner sealant similar to KAIO. Lots of people loved it and left a ton of good reviews so rather than creating a new product page with no reviews I guess AG and Autopia just says it's a "new formula" so they can justify keeping all the great reviews left from TP&S...

I think using the positive reviews of a discontinued product to help sell a completely different product is misleading. They have a great new product and IMO there's no need forfeit integrity to manipulate reviews.

12. Thanks custmsprty, wing commander thanked for this post
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast