autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Bathe+ Initial thoughts/review

Here’s a product I had been excited about and waiting in anticipation for the past week to arrive.. Premium price? Yes, but that didn’t bother me as I’m looking to step my game up and offer my maintenance wash customers higher quality results.

So that brings us here:

I prepped my car yesterday evening by doing a rinseless wash with Meguiars D114, followed by Med. Grade Nanoskin mitt which resulted in a bare clean surface free from any beading.

After doing my research in excitement to test this soap I watched every video review I could find online. Based on my research, I decided to go with a higher dilution ratio than is recommended by Gyeon. [they recommend 15-20ml. Per 15 liters of water. Or basically .5oz. Per 4 gallons of water]

I was in no mood to be let down by this product, nor was I in the mood to write a negative review... So I figured I’d give this soap every opportunity to shine [or in this case bead] I went with a dilution of .5oz Per 1 gallon of water. I’m anal when it comes to dilutions because I want to see the true results as intended.

Shake well, pour .5 oz.

This is just under 1 gallon of water, the rest will be used to create the suds. I guess there won’t be a grit guard for this test. [it’s ok I never use it anyway. Lol. Besides I washed my car yesterday so it’s not really dirty]

I removed the grit guard, added the soap and hit it with the jet. Initially the suds look impressive. [more on the suds later]

Tossed in 1 mitt and dunked it, allowing it to marinate for almost 5min. while I rinsed the car.

As we can see, no beading on the paint pre wash.

Onto the wash... It didn’t take very long for me to go around the whole car as it wasn’t really dirty. I went back into the bucket frequently to have as much soap as possible. I was done washing in about 5-6min. So far everything’s going great..

Onto the post wash rinse. Here’s the big payoff, or so I thought...

What?

No way... Lets try from another angle, it’s gotta be a fluke?

Umm...

Lets try another panel...

Lets give it every chance in the world! Bead dang it you better bead... Heck, can you at least sheet? I was anticipating something, anything.

It doesn’t even sheet!

No beading, no sheeting, not even a hint of it anywhere on the car...

And the suds? Here’s what it looks like immediately post wash. [1st soap I’ve ever seen lose it’s suds 100%]

So what’s my honest opinion of this soap, Gyeon Bathe+? Ladies and gentlemen, it’s hot garbage. I gave it every chance to show and prove. I used it at a much higher dilution than recommended and it completely failed to show any hint of results. I’m trying to be polite but holy hype this is just the worst...

And if you don’t believe my detailed documentation, have a look at this video by another person on youtube. Same results, zero beading up until 1:40min. mark. And even later in the vid. when used straight the beading is maybe 4/10 super weak beading... It’s funny how this persons vid. has 15likes and 12dislikes. Why the dislikes? I’m guessing fanboys are upset that the truth is being shown. Zero beading. What a huge disappointment Gyeon.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hoy_vfjV2Rs

2. Thanks Aaryn NZ, TMQ, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Bathe+ Initial thoughts/review

Wow! Thats super disappointing for sure. I haven't tried Bathe+ myself but it was on my list of things to do . . . not overly excited to do so now. Thanks for the honest review albeit a disappointing result.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

4. Thanks VitreousHumor, Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had good results the couple times I used it. Bathe+ is not a high suds producing shampoo. So what you experienced is normal with the suds. It's not going to give months of protections. A few weeks at best.

Try what Gyeon mentions in their video when using it as a bucket wash.

Similar to what this guy did. He got good results.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Eldorado, Bathe+ is a disappointing product on the whole. Wash with Reset, top with Ech20/Reload mix and you good to go.

7. Thanks TMQ, VitreousHumor, Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Before you let it down for good would you test it out one more time in the direction I have to use it?

Take 3-4 gallons of water and 0.5oz of bathe+ and activate as you did.
    When you wash the car do it 1 panel and if you have a power wash use that and rinse from the bottom up from side to side. So the spray pattern from the PW touch every part of the panel. This is what I have seen activate bathe + and the content in it the best way. When you have rinsed of bathe + so you don't see anything left move on to the next panel. Start washing from the top panels and work your way down as useally. When done use the hose to do a final rinse so you are certain of get all the residue of the car. As you do this you will see the water behavior it's creating. If not this happens when do it this way. Something is wrong with the product or it's just not that good.

Yeah I know this is much more of PIA than a regualar wash. But humor me to test it out and it's important to use more water and do it panel to panel and rinse with the strongest water spray you have to activate it. This is as you would do with gyeon wet coat also and my findings is that it's best way with PW and panel by panel to apply to get the most out of it.

And the suds is well known to not last with wash and coat sio2 schampos. So that is what it is.

You can test this to the hood or the trunk.

9. Thanks TMQ, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Eldo, an honest professional review, maybe the Gyeon rep can give us some input
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

11. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you wash 2 different cars in the pics?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like you need to try it again and follow the directions in that video Guz provided. After you went around the car with the initial wash, pour a tiny amount onto the wash pad and wipe it onto the panel and then rinse that panel. Move on the next panel. You didn't foam it on the car as intended. You are just using it as a wash and not really laying down protection. I agree with SWETM, using a PW with the Carpro products does provide faster set-up and better results. I'm sure it the same with the Gyeon stuff.

I have one of those WORX power washer tools and that has been plenty strong enough to set up the Carpro products quickly. I hate dragging out the big PW for a wash.

14. Likes The Guz, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Same directions for regular Bathe?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

No there is a second step to it. You either bucket wash with Bathe(or +) and then foam the car with Bathe+ and rinse with PW. Or wash with bucket wash with Bathe(or +) and then pour a tiny amount of Bathe+ onto your mitt/pad and rub that concentrated amount directly onto the panel then rinse with a PW.

17. Likes The Guz, SWETM, VitreousHumor liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast