autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Bathe+ Initial thoughts/review

Thank you for this review. I am currently using the Gyeon Bathe (regular soap) and it is my favorite. The foam it creates is quite a bit. On the Bathe+ I believe it is a soap for coated cars. I am glad you did this review as I wanted to make sure I got the right soap for my ride as I do not do coatings. Either way sorry for your disappointment.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

2. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    LolGyeon Bathe+ Initial thoughts/review

I wouldn’t wish this stuff even on my worst enemy. A few days ago I made a comment about another forum member after I found it unbelievable that he literally threw away his California Duster... I feel like I’m eating my words, because I seriously feel like throwing this bottle in the garbage. It’ll probably be better than having to occasionally see it on my shelf and having it bring back bad memories of how bad it is.
    Lol, put it up in the trade section, im sure someone will want it

Post Thanks / Like

Throwing away product? NOOOOO.

Then again....if I can't find a home for some CGs stuff (1st, I'll try and bundle it and ebay it), then it'll likely get tossed.

You mention no beads with this soap. With Wet Coat, it's a bit of the opposite. My Jeep doesn't get driven much, and i don't wash it properly. It's an off road toy so I don't really care to detail it much. Anyway, was curious about Wet Coat and used it on the Jeep. One side only. It does help keep it cleaner, and even follow-ups at the coin op make it easy to get most of the dirt off. The beads are still there after 2-3 months. The problem I have is that I "air dry" it - I drive it straight off the wash lot, and onto the freeway! One side gets dried, while there is still some "water beads" on the Wet Coat side. <shrug>

No biggie. Still like some of the Gyeon products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Throwing away product? NOOOOO.

Then again....if I can't find a home for some CGs stuff (1st, I'll try and bundle it and ebay it), then it'll likely get tossed.

You mention no beads with this soap. With Wet Coat, it's a bit of the opposite. My Jeep doesn't get driven much, and i don't wash it properly. It's an off road toy so I don't really care to detail it much. Anyway, was curious about Wet Coat and used it on the Jeep. One side only. It does help keep it cleaner, and even follow-ups at the coin op make it easy to get most of the dirt off. The beads are still there after 2-3 months. The problem I have is that I "air dry" it - I drive it straight off the wash lot, and onto the freeway! One side gets dried, while there is still some "water beads" on the Wet Coat side. <shrug>

No biggie. Still like some of the Gyeon products.
    But doesn’t the coin op have a spot free de ionized rinse setting that you can use? Every coin op I’ve ever been to has it.

Post Thanks / Like

This wash didn't really impress me either. Now if you want a soap that leaves real protection behind, try CarPro Hydrofoam.

7. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What I have found out using a silica infused shampoo is after washing the car dry it completely. After it is dry hit it with some water and it beads up nicely. Although, Im not talking about Bathe+ I would be curious to see if this works.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JHL88 View Post
    What I have found out using a silica infused shampoo is after washing the car dry it completely. After it is dry hit it with some water and it beads up nicely. Although, Im not talking about Bathe+ I would be curious to see if this works.
    I did that. I mentioned it a few posts up. No dice.

10. Thanks JHL88, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I have used another brand with sio2 or ceramic infused schampo as they call it. It works for gloss and water beading and sheeting. But the cleaning ability was to bad for the winter grime. Today I washed with reset first and then foamed the other schampo on and rinsed. And you can double the price to bathe + for it. So no more sio2 schampos for me as it's better ways to apply a quick coat of sio2 as wet coat for example. I just thought you would get some beading and sheeting from bathe +. Maybe they have changed the formula for it since there is a difference from the old bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Thank you for this review. I am currently using the Gyeon Bathe (regular soap) and it is my favorite. The foam it creates is quite a bit. On the Bathe+ I believe it is a soap for coated cars. I am glad you did this review as I wanted to make sure I got the right soap for my ride as I do not do coatings. Either way sorry for your disappointment.
    Actually, I decided to try regular Bathe because it DOESNT have anything in it, my car IS coated. I will post my results very soon about my results of Bathe. Seems some people like it while others don't, for various reasons.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    You DID NOT use it the correct way. Apply directly to wash media(best way) or use in a foam cannon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

I didn’t use it the right way? Btw, I used it at 3X the recommended dilution ratio. Doesn’t that count for anything?! Read the bold print on the bottle. Am I crazy to expect to see some beading after a bucket wash??

“One Simple Step”... Not one simple step, but then you better do this and that if you expect to see any results. Is that what you get for the premium price?! Is that what you settle for?

It’s called “Bathe+” right? If I wanted something I had to wipe on I would’ve bought “Wipe+”

Or maybe it’s called Bathe+ because the + means Bathe plus jumping through hurdles if you want any kind of beading from this expensive car soap. Lame. Gyeon Bathe+ Initial thoughts/review
    Seems like you only did half of the directions which is the bucket wash and did not follow up with the second part regardless of the dilution ratio you used. Which is what Mark is referring to. At least this is what I got from reading your initial review.

Also you can contact Jeff McEachran who is a US Gyeon rep. You can try to PM him here and see if he responds.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-coatings.html

http://gyeonquartzusa.com/contact/

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast