autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - McKee's 37 SiO2 Auto Wash

I purchased this from Nick during his Black Friday sale. The deal was buy a gallon and get the 16 oz bottle as a bonus.

Product:

McKee’s 37 SiO2 Auto Wash

16 oz - https://www.autogeek.net/mckees-sio2-auto-wash.html

Gallon - https://www.autogeek.net/mckees-sio2-auto-wash-128.html

Description:

McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash is a high foaming car wash formula engineered for use on coated vehicles. The pH balanced snow soap creates mounds of suds that will safely grab and trap dirt, removing it from the surface without causing damage. Thanks to the unique formula, McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash will not alter the performance of your existing coating – in fact, the Sio2 enhanced formula actually boosts your coating! McKee's 37 Sio2 also contains water softeners that allow for use even in direct sunlight! Keep your coating look and performing its best with McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash!
    With the favor of coatings for paint protection, rather than wax or synthetic paint sealants, on the rise, the auto detailing industry has had to keep up with the products and tools necessary to maintain these coatings. Generally comprised of silica, quartz, or resin-based, coatings require special care to keep their superior protective capabilities. McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash has taken this maintenance step a bit further by including Sio2 (silicon dioxide) in their formula.

The Sio2 ingredients included in McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash actually enhances the brightness and strength of your existing paint coating after just one wash!The pH balanced formula will not hinder the beading and sheeting capabilities of your coated vehicle. McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash is also free of wax and silicone, so it won't alter the look or feel of your coated vehicle.
    Formulated with water softeners, McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash can be used in direct sunlight without fear of water spots!The extra foamy formula provides more than enough lubrication during a wash to prevent any washing induced swirls, and performs admirably with a foam cannon or gun! McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash is hyper-concentrated and only requires an ounce or two, depending on the size of your bucket.

Directions for use:

• Mix 2 oz. of McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash in your wash bucket and activate the suds with a strong jet of water.
    • Wash your vehicle from the top down - rinsing often is not necessary!
    • Once your entire vehicle has been washed and rinsed, simply dry using a Supreme Guzzler Waffle Weave Drying Towel.

I highlighted some of the characteristics that stood out to me in the product description.

The main things that stands out is that this shampoo prevents water spots and that it can be used in direct sunlight.

I went ahead and used it on my Camaro which was coated about 3 years ago and most of the time it sits in the garage with the occasional drive. Unfortunately it sits outside right now as I am storing my uncles Vette in the garage as he makes room in his new garage.

My Camaro was dirty and I did not get to wash it the previous week. Then it drizzled which made a mess on the paint. It looked pretty bad. I show it on the video. The temperature outside was 66 degrees but a few degrees cooler as the sun shifted.

The familiar black bottle that we are accustomed to from McKee’s.

The only thing I find odd is that the 16 oz bottle came with a regular screw cap instead of the flip top as seen in the photo for xtreme foam.

Rear of the bottle with the directions on how to use it. It is recommended to use 2 oz’s in a wash bucket. That is what I used. I also use 1.5 oz’s in my foam gun.

Again it is mentioned on the bottle that this shampoo prevents water spots. The key is to let it dry on the paint.

Activated the shampoo that was added into the wash bucket and was welcomed with some nice suds. The suds stayed through the entire wash process and then some. I would recommend mixing the shampoo with one’s hand to mix it as the shampoo is on the thick side.

I forgot to capture photos of the foam on the car with using the foam gun. That can be seen in the video. It does foam real nice and will do even better with a foam canon. No soaps cling to the coated surface of this car so that also played a factor.

After I foamed it and let it sit for a couple minutes. I proceeded with a standard 2 bucket wash. I went around the entire car and by the time I finished going around the entire car, the shampoo began to dry.

There are other member who have let it sit longer and have had no issues. I let it sit for a couple minutes and the rinsed it off. It rinsed off clean and left no residue behind. I was greeted with a nice shine and clean paint.

Overall the SiO2 wash worked great. It cleaned will and left the paint with a nice shine. I am not sure if this leaves any sort of protection but the product description makes it sound like it does. I could not tell if it did as the hydrophobic properties looked the same before and after the wash. Well better because all the dirt was cleaned away.

It does live up to the claim of rinsing off cleanly if it dries on the paint. Other forum members have documented this in warmer weather.

I also have to mention the scent. It smells really good. It has a watermelon scent to it that reminds me of a jolly rancher.

I personally tend to like a thicker shampoo and this one is one of the thickest I have used.

I do not have a con for it. But others may be turned off by the price.That is what a sale is for .

I would recommend others to try this out especially for those that have some sort of ceramic coating.

One thing I would like to see is that the 16 oz bottle gets the flip top similar to Xtreme Foam and Power Wash.

I see myself alternating between this and Reset for all of my vehicles which have some sort of coating on it. Or if you are a McKee's fan Xtreme Foam and SiO2 Wash makes for a good combination of shampoos.

Feel free to watch the video compilation of it. FYI the dispenser I used did not work to well. It did not screw all the way onto the bottle and a tiny amount of soap leaked from the side of it after the bottle sat. I swapped over a spare flip top that I saved from an old Detailer's Pro bottle.

2. Thanks Diner, PA DETAILER, Misterpaul thanked for this post
    Likes VISITOR, FrankS, ronkh57, SWETM, JKDesign and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - McKee's 37 SiO2 Auto Wash

Great review Mike. My feelings are spot on when th yours. I also switch between this and reset for coated vehicles.

4. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review! Mckee's makes great products!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

6. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done, Guz
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

8. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks The Guz. Good review. Good clean car!

10. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

guz... looking thinner my man

Post Thanks / Like

I got some on sale !!!!

Great stuff, Great results!

13. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually don’t mind the cap it comes with because it’s so thick getting it through a small hole will be too slow. I also like the scent.
    Bruno Soares

15. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Great review Mike. My feelings are spot on when th yours. I also switch between this and reset for coated vehicles.
    Thanks. I think this and Reset are a good combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Awesome review! Mckee's makes great products!
    Thanks. They sure do.

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Nicely done, Guz
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Thanks The Guz. Good review. Good clean car!
    Thanks. I should drive it more but I am also leaning towards selling it sometime in the early part of next year. It only has 14k miles on it and it's a 2002. I bought it with 3k miles on it over 10 years ago from a private seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    guz... looking thinner my man
    Yup. Trying to catch you haha. Dropping a lot of weight over the past few months. 42 and counting. 53 is the goal but I am shooting to surpass that by a little bit. My 2XL competition ready shirt is too baggy now. Unfortunately Autogeek discontinued the competition ready shirt and only have S, M and L. No XL which is my current size.

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    I got some on sale !!!!

Great stuff, Great results!
    I agree. Hope you are doing well Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I actually don’t mind the cap it comes with because it’s so thick getting it through a small hole will be too slow. I also like the scent.
    I am going to try it with the flip top from the standard McKee's bottle and report back.

17. Thanks ronkh57 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice car and great write up review!

19. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast