autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

McKee's Poli Coat Wax: Is it really like a Liquid Wax?

I bought a bottle of McKee's Poli Coat Wax around September time frame and was going to put it on my ride when I had time. Well 2 months later (Thanksgiving Day), I was able to try out the product. I ended up NOT using the Poli Coat Wax on my ride and went with a different wax for the following reason:

After shaking the product (more so than normal) for about 5 minutes. The product was very liquid, like water. I thought maybe I didn't shake the bottle enough so I went back to shaking the bottle for another 5 minutes. Still very liquidy.

It's hard to explain, however, most liquid waxes or sealant usually are creamy in texture; kind of like toothpaste.

My question is to anyone that has used this wax; Is Poli-Coat wax a liquid wax like water or is it like a toothpaste type product? Is it possible I got a bad bottle as I was one of the 1st to purchase the product (Just came out so I bought a bottle to try out).

If this is the case, I will be disappointed, as the applicator was saturated and I did not bother applying the wax as MOST of the liquid waxes are creamy (toothpaste) in nature (I know that Natty's Blue is Liquid as well as Collinite 845).

I know I bought this bottle in September. If it was a bad batch I do believe I am too late to get an exchange for another bottle. I called Auto Geek customer service and was basically told there's nothing they can do about it but to call McKee's customer service. I was a little disappointed by the response I got and I DID NOT KNOW there was a customer service number for McKee's.

Can someone that uses McKee's enlighten me and possibly direct me to see if Poli-Wax is a liquid not a creamy toothpaste type wax. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's Poli Coat Wax: Is it really like a Liquid Wax?

There is nothing wrong with your bottle of Poli-Coat!

Poli-Coat features a thin consistency.

Take a look at my detailed article.

First Look McKee's 37 Poli-Coat Wax

The bottle will easily wax over 50 cars. Making a great value.

It spreads out very nice via machine or hand.

The McKee's 37 Customer service line is always open if you have any questions.

844-852-5300

3. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    There is nothing wrong with your bottle of Poli-Coat!

Poli-Coat features a thin consistency.

Take a look at my detailed article.

First Look McKee's 37 Poli-Coat Wax

The bottle will easily wax over 50 cars. Making a great value.

It spreads out very nice via machine or hand.

The McKee's 37 Customer service line is always open if you have any questions.

844-852-5300
    SO COOL TO KNOW!!!! Thank you for that! I thought it was the Product but NO!! It was me being a Homer Simpson! All I can say is DOH!!!!!!! Looks like I have to use this soon! Again, thank you for the timely response!
    CJ
    Save the Manual!

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    SO COOL TO KNOW!!!! Thank you for that! I thought it was the Product but NO!! It was me being a Homer Simpson! All I can say is DOH!!!!!!! Looks like I have to use this soon! Again, thank you for the timely response!
    Haha, It's ok, Especially when the majority of liquid waxes are on the thicker side.

Poli-Coat is unique, It has that Carnauba we all love, But it also has some synthetic polymers for durable protection.

You are going to love it, It's really easy to work with. It leaves the paint silky smooth and wet looking.

Post pics after your done

6. Thanks Kamakaz1961 thanked for this post
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    I bought a bottle of McKee's Poli Coat Wax around September time frame and was going to put it on my ride when I had time. Well 2 months later (Thanksgiving Day), I was able to try out the product. I ended up NOT using the Poli Coat Wax on my ride and went with a different wax for the following reason:

After shaking the product (more so than normal) for about 5 minutes. The product was very liquid, like water. I thought maybe I didn't shake the bottle enough so I went back to shaking the bottle for another 5 minutes. Still very liquidy.

It's hard to explain, however, most liquid waxes or sealant usually are creamy in texture; kind of like toothpaste.

My question is to anyone that has used this wax; Is Poli-Coat wax a liquid wax like water or is it like a toothpaste type product? Is it possible I got a bad bottle as I was one of the 1st to purchase the product (Just came out so I bought a bottle to try out).

If this is the case, I will be disappointed, as the applicator was saturated and I did not bother applying the wax as MOST of the liquid waxes are creamy (toothpaste) in nature (I know that Natty's Blue is Liquid as well as Collinite 845).

I know I bought this bottle in September. If it was a bad batch I do believe I am too late to get an exchange for another bottle. I called Auto Geek customer service and was basically told there's nothing they can do about it but to call McKee's customer service. I was a little disappointed by the response I got and I DID NOT KNOW there was a customer service number for McKee's.

Can someone that uses McKee's enlighten me and possibly direct me to see if Poli-Wax is a liquid not a creamy toothpaste type wax. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    Cool fact: the built-in bonding agent necessitates a thinner formula.

You'll love this stuff. Be sure to take a few photos.

8. Thanks DBAILEY thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@McKees37 View Post
    Cool fact: the built-in bonding agent necessitates a thinner formula.

You'll love this stuff. Be sure to take a few photos.
    OK I will have to say I really Homer Simpson'd this one! I re-read Joe's article and saw your YouTube on the product. Next time I will read and watch with using my BRAIN! My excuse for my brainless post will be the too-much-turkey-I-ate-on-Thanksgiving-excuse!! LOL
    CJ
    Save the Manual!

10. Thanks wgasa84 thanked for this post