autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some inital thoughts on Carpro new Clear Cut Compound

Glad to give my thoughts guys. That's what makes sharing enjoyable. Everyone has different wants, needs, styles of polishing. For me I like ease of wipe off, fast cutting and decent cost. Dusting or finish doesn't rank to close to the top for me. Usually if I have a compound in my hand it means I'm doing a 2 step so a follow up is going to be needed weather it hazes a little bit or a lot. No dusting would be great but what I have found is that if a compound really doesn't dust then it doesn't completely wipe clean easily and clogs pads easier.

Going to try a Clearcut some more this week. I am hoping that on this metallic black Audi RS7 this stuff will shine. Assuming it has ceramic clear on it.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    I’m the opposite, I use foam 99% of the time as I find modern foams cut for me better than mf or wool. I’ve moved on from Menzerna and Meguiars to Scholl Concepts Ecofix and CarPro exclusively and thats cut down my correction times significantly.
    I still have around 20 liters of Menzerna and a few M101’s that I need to finish up though. Oh yes quite abit of Rupes compounds patiently waiting their turn.
    Be willing to send a sample of 101? Having a hard time saying I need to try a 32oz bottle if I don't end up liking it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

What kind foam pads? Fpr example Rupes blue foam doesnt come even close to microfiber and same goes for yellow and orange hex logic. Scholl spider might cut but its stiff and doesnt contour well.

How do you rank Scholl E1500 compared to M101, Menzerna 400 etc.? Is it less greasy than S3 XXL?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joel1979 View Post
    What kind foam pads? Fpr example Rupes blue foam doesnt come even close to microfiber and same goes for yellow and orange hex logic. Scholl spider might cut but its stiff and doesnt contour well.

How do you rank Scholl E1500 compared to M101, Menzerna 400 etc.? Is it less greasy than S3 XXL?
    Agreed! I pretty much strictly use BOSS microfiber cutting pads.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joel1979 View Post

Meguiars DFC 5 maroon, Bns Flat yellow, Low-Pro green,CarPro Flash, Scholls Ecofix white, Spider white, blue, LC ThinPro grey, Force grey.

E1500 cuts slightly more than S3 Gold XXL and Menzerna 400. It’s slightly less oily too and wipes off easier. Finish is onpar S3. I use the Mille and 21 MKII on speed 4 most of the time.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    Be willing to send a sample of 101? Having a hard time saying I need to try a 32oz bottle if I don't end up liking it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I’m guessing you based in the US? If so sorry bud I’m based in Africa and Europe depending on my clientele otherwise would have gladly helped you out.

Post Thanks / Like

The main thing we try to show with ClearCut is very low oily fillers , most cutting compounds use heavy durable fillers to compensate the heavy cut , to produce less hazy surface, longer work time .. thats one of the reasons ClearCut is fast cutting as well.
    ClearCut use special diminishing Alo2 powder mixture , compared to to megs which is non diminish ceramic powder.
    as you know each detailer has his own technique , so it needs little adapting , but nothing special. all depends as well on the car paint, pad, and polisher

here is a nice video we saw from a guy who used lately the ClearCut :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3rcxSN9mlY&t=9s

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567