autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Foam Booster

Just to comment....

I've tested a number of car wash soaps in foam guns because - I use a foam gun when I wash our personal vehicles... my tactile experience, that is when I rub a wash mitt over paint with lots of suds - it feels right. No suds or little suds doesn't feel good and doesn't feel right when my goal is to clean without scratching.

Heck I write lots of articles on washing cars. I teach multiple ways of washing in my classes. I wrote this article which in my opinion, is one of the most important articles I've ever written for people that AFTER doing all the work of correcting their car's paint and then sealing it with "something" - want to then avoid having to do all the work over again, that is remove swirls and scratches SO THEY WANT TO KNOW HOW TO AVOID putting swirls and scratches back in and it comes down to one of the three most common words I type all the time on this forum....

Touch

(I also type out abrasive technology a lot)

How your car's paint looks always comes down to how your car's paint is TOUCHED.

And here's my article on this topic,

How to wash a coated car - The Gentle Approach for Washing a Car by Mike Phillips

Here's my other article that I think is one of the most important articles I've ever written.... and one that I share the most,

How, why & when to inspect your microfiber towels when detailing cars

in fact I shared it multiple times this last Saturday at the car show I worked at when people come to me and ask me questions about removing swirls and scratches from their car's paint,

Autogeek at Ace Cafe in Orlando today!

As for why to make a product like this?

Just like people like to see water beading - people like to see lots of suds and foam when washing a car.

I can explain why water beading is bad for car paint, not good but it doesn't matter.

Perception is reality

People like to see water beading and they love car wash soaps that create mountains for soapy sudsy foam. Some car wash soaps don't make mountains of soapy, sudsy foam and this product will change them to do so.

Nice review Michael.

2. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Nice review Michael.

Thanks Mike. Very well said.

Post Thanks / Like

Got mine yesterday. Hope to use it this weekend. I will test it in the foam gun with hyperwash. Dilutions are a bit confusing. I plan on using 1/2 to 1 oz added in the gun.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not interested in this product, but I can think of a reason someone may: Water chemistry.

The chemistry of your local water supply may be detrimental to allowing suds to form. Much like hard water can leave spots and deposits, it can also cause soaps to not foam up. As a home brewing enthusiast, we often will play with water chemistry to mimic a certain beer profile. On a large scale, this is how the big guys make a bottle of Budweiser (no comments from the peanut gallery) taste the same in St. Louis as it does in Shanghai.

I use Uber to reduce water spots when washing my vehicle in this fashion. Much cheaper than a filtration system.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345