autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Advanced Pad Cleaner & Citrus Pad Cleaner

Thank you Meghan for sending these out to me for review.

Products: Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Advanced Pad Cleaner, Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Citrus Pad Cleaner

After polishing my brothers car I was left with pads which needed to be cleaned. It was a good opportunity to use these two products.

These are definitely carryover products from the various PBMG lines. I am familiar with both from the other lines.

I started by soaking the pad with the citrus cleaner mixed with about 3.5 gallons of water. Directions state to use 1 scoop for 3-4 gallons of water. Then let the pads soak in the solution for up to 15 minutes.

Here is a blue pad that my brother was using on the Rupes Mini that was hitting some trim. We all start somewhere. This is a blue HDO pad.

I agitated the blue HDO pad within the cleaner after about 15 minutes. This is how the pad came out. Not bad but could be better.

One thing about the cleaner is that it sometimes will not clean out everything from the pad. But it does help break up any compound, polish or waxes in the pad. Sometimes a pad or pads will need another round of cleaning.

In this instance I reached for the advanced pad cleaner. I sprayed it onto the pad and let it sit for the recommended time. I then massaged the cleaner within the pad and then rinsed it our.

This is what the pad looked like. All clean and like new.

I set some pads aside to clean with just the advanced pad cleaner. This is pretty straight forward to use. Directions state to spray it onto the pad, let it dwell for 30 seconds, agitate and rinse out.

Dirty pads.

After agitating the pads and rinsing them out the pads came out clean. FYI the yellow Rupes pads are stained from the Rupes yellow polish (keramik) as it is gray in color.

Final thoughts:

This is not my first time using either of these products. These are carried over into the new Blackfire line.

The pad cleaner has always worked well for me. It is not going to clean the pads 100% of the time. But what it does do is break down the polish or wax within the pad. Another round of cleaning may be needed. What it won’t do is break down sealants. They are typically pretty durable once in the pad which is a good thing.

The longer the pads sit within the solution the easier they are to clean afterwards. I have let them sit in the bucket overnight with no problems. My pads were easier to clean out. I do recommend rinsing out the pads after taking them out of the bucket. If not you will get citrus powder the next time one uses their pads.

The pad cleaner works very well to clean pads. The first time I sprayed I said to myself they reformulated the cleaner to not have that strong odor. Well after a few more sprays I was wrong. One whiff of it an it aggravated my allergies.

This is the biggest con I have for the pad cleaner. It keeps me from purchasing it. I mean this stuff is literally “toxic” to me. I feel like it burns my lungs along with my allergies. It does it to me when used outside as well. Forget using it inside.

Other than that these two work well together in getting pads clean.

I have included a video of the entire cleaning process using these two pad cleaners.

2. Thanks Diner, Marc08EX, Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Meghan, JKDesign, Marc08EX liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Advanced Pad Cleaner & Citrus Pad Cleaner

I am going to pass this combination along to another Autogeek forum member in exchange for review. There is about 50-60% product for the pad spray cleaner and the citrus cleaner is full.

Submit your name and I will randomly select someone to try these out. Will gladly ship this to anyone within the 48 states free of charge.

4. Likes Angus, Marc08EX liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Advanced Pad Cleaner & Citrus Pad Cleaner

Good review, Guz. I've used a similar Tang orange pad cleaner and pump spray cleaner as well and believe they both have a place when cleaning out used pads.

Super generous of you to give away both of these products to one lucky forum member. Cheers!

6. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Good review, Guz. I've used a similar Tang orange pad cleaner and pump spray cleaner as well and believe they both have a place when cleaning out used pads.

Super generous of you to give away both of these products to one lucky forum member. Cheers!
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Posting this so I don't get another random PM but these products went to a good home.

See the review by Cruzscarwash.

Black fire advanced pad cleaner

9. Likes Angus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good review. I hadn't seen it till now. Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Advanced Pad Cleaner & Citrus Pad Cleaner

Post Thanks / Like

That Citrus Pad Cleaner appears to make little to no difference..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    That Citrus Pad Cleaner appears to make little to no difference..
    Works better if the pads are left overnight. 15 mins is not enough from experience using it.

Post Thanks / Like

About how many scoops are in that jar?

Post Thanks / Like

Never counted but there’s a lot in the 16 oz container.