NEW Blackfire Compound

I used this on this 2009 Hyundai Elantra restoration project! detail.

The paint was really hammered and needed some heavy duty work. I used some Surfbuf pads I had squirrelled away and was happy with the results.
The compound worked as advertised and was relatively easy to use. As with most ‘aggressive/heavy’ compounds, they can be somewhat difficult to remove depending on work time as well as a little dusty. This product had a little of both characteristics. Not horrible though.
It does not have a chemical/solvent smell to it at all. I cannot explain the scent, but it is not chemically at all.
After use, the paint definitely needed to be polished. The combo of pad/compound left some marring/hazing. It was quickly remedied with a proper polishing stage. This is not advertised as a one-step product anyway, so IMO, this is a moot point. However, I wanted to include it.

Conclusion: This product tackled a vehicle that has been abused and that was in (to me) horrific condition with ease.

Check out the final photos in the above link to see what I’m talking about!

Thanks again Meghan for the opportunity to test these new and very exciting products out!