autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Compound, Polish, Advanced Pad Conditioner

What made it hard to remove? Is it really oily, or is there something else going on?

I just noticed the new 8oz bottles are more than the Wolfgang equivalents? I loved the Blackfire SRC duo, but now that I've run out I think I'll be looking elsewhere based on the reviews and pricing.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Compound, Polish, Advanced Pad Conditioner

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    What made it hard to remove? Is it really oily, or is there something else going on?

I just noticed the new 8oz bottles are more than the Wolfgang equivalents? I loved the Blackfire SRC duo, but now that I've run out I think I'll be looking elsewhere based on the reviews and pricing.
    I don’t know if I’d call it oily. I think the humidity might’ve been a factor, because I 1st polished my trunk and it did wipe off a little easier than the hood.

By the time I made it to the hood it had already begun fogging up from the evening condensation. I dried it with a fresh PFM and tried to work as quik as possible to fight against the moisture coming back.. I started with a 12x12” area but due to trying to work quickly I changed my plan and ended up polishing half the hood at a time. That could’ve been a factor? Maybe maybe not.. I was removing the polish with a good fresh towel.

Another thing that was throwing me off was the fact that I had dried the side I was polishing while the other side had fogged up with condensation and when I was wiping off the polish I was trying to avoid the other half of the hood because I didn’t want to get my towel wet. Hopefully that explains what I was dealing with.

The trunk wasn’t as hard to wipe off. I’d have to use it again in normL conditions before making a final call.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234