autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Compound, Polish, Advanced Pad Conditioner

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Thanks for the review Guz.
    Car looks good, too
    Thanks. As of right now, the car will be finding a new home in Vegas. A w-body enthusiast is traveling to So Cal early next week to pick it up

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Compound, Polish, Advanced Pad Conditioner

Is this polish considered smat or diminishing abrasives? I have some of it and I’m about to try for the 1st time and I’d like to be sure before I start.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike(the guz) was nice enough to send me samples of both the new formula BF compound and polish. I have not tried the compound, but was not impressed by polish. Nothing groundbreaking. On a side note, everything about it reminded me of Rupes UHS polish, especially that it was very hard to clean out of pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

4. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Mike(the guz) was nice enough to send me samples of both the new formula BF compound and polish. I have not tried the compound, but was not impressed by polish. Nothing groundbreaking. On a side note, everything about it reminded me of Rupes UHS polish, especially that it was very hard to clean out of pads.

Appreciate your honesty. I’m interested to give it a run... Last week while I was claying my car, I marred the heck out of it. 1st time that’s ever happened to my Cadillac and I was pretty shocked as it’s got some pretty hard paint.

Turns out my quicky method of using the rinseless wash bucket on a wet car wasn’t sufficient enough claylube for the mitt. I guess now I know why everyone else preaches that polishing is a must after claying... I’ll Never clay like that again. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

So is this new Blackfire polish diminishing abrasives or non?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post

Glad you had the chance to try out the polish. I do agree that is not groundbreaking but I found it to work pretty well.

I still don't get the same difficulty in washing out UHS or even this Blackfire polish from pads. My pads cleaned out just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Guz! I am a fan of the previous Blackfire compound and polish - haven't tried the new versions.

9. Thanks The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    So is this new Blackfire polish diminishing abrasives or non?
    I've actually asked this question a few weeks ago and couldn't get an answer. Most of us know that the abrasive technology found in Wolfgangs abrasives and the old blackfire SRC polish & compound and were developed by menzerna to AG specs. Although I can't tell the difference between Menzerna 3500 and SRC Finishing Polish, I can tell you from experience that SRC Compound has less cut but finishes better and overall is a little bit more user friendly then FG 400.

My theory is the new Blackfire Compound & Polish are developed by Jescar (MenzernaUSA) to AG Specs and therefore utilize the same diminishing abrasives found in Jescar Compound and Polish. I figure if I continue speculating my theory, which is based purely on a "hunch" or a "sneaking suspicion" then someone from AG is bound to correct me sooner or later.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    I've actually asked this question a few weeks ago and couldn't get an answer.
    Looks like everyone’s using it, and no one even knows what it is. Review - Blackfire Pro Detailers Choice Compound, Polish, Advanced Pad Conditionerlol.

I have similar thoughts as you, but I guess we’ll have to wait for Mike Phillips fornthe offical word.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the polish yesterday.. It left my paint looking good, easily cleared up the clay marring and minor swirls, but it was kind of a PITA to wipe off. Not sure if the humidity from working just before sunset had anything to do with it, but it took alot of effort to wipe it completely off my hood.

13. Thanks mwoywod thanked for this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast