autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Gyeon CanCoat

Have can coat and wet coat the same looks and behaviors apart from longevity?
    Great rewiew and write up!

2. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I've never had any issues with them with PNS and the side of the Altima gets hit with my sprinklers all the time. No water spots that I've ever seen. I easily get 6 months out of PNS on white paint with minimal washes and little to no care as it's my daughters car.
    so if the water sits on the car for a few days and dries before it can be washed to be removed the spots just wipe away?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    so if the water sits on the car for a few days and dries before it can be washed to be removed the spots just wipe away?
    Disclaimer:
    I can only speak to "my personal" experience on my daughters White Nissan Altima with my sprinklers and the water where I live. I have had no issues with water spots or removing them as I said in my prior post.

Also, keep in mind, I nor my daughter or my wife are AG OCD about our daily drivers. I just washed my Rogue the other day for the first time in at least 2 months. I keep them protected with a good sealant about every 6-8 months and that's about it.

Applied PNS on my Rogue back in April 2014
    Review: Gyeon CanCoat-20170304_143553-jpg

Review: Gyeon CanCoat-20170304_143806-jpg

Review: Gyeon CanCoat-sonaxshampoo1-jpg

Sprinklers are just on the edge of the grass there and they hit this all the time too.
    No water spots that I've ever had any issues with.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

5. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what im buying once my hydro (max) runs out

Post Thanks / Like

First, BP1 thanks for the review and taking the time to post it.

DN, you beat me to it, I was thinking the same thing. The price of 340 ml of PNS before any sales is $29.99 / .1249 per ml. GC 200ml. $49.99 / .2499 per ml. that's twice as much per ml or 50% more. Is it twice as good as PNS?

That would make PNS cost $84.96 per can!!!
    I think we'd be comparing apples to oranges. Isn't PNS more of an aerosol sealant as opposed to a ceramic/quartz/glass coating? Dunno...maybe a better Sonax comparison would be to Sonax CC36?

Regardless, I'm a coating junkie and CanCoat is my latest 'fix'. It's just so entertaining to use, instant gratification, low effort and lotta quick 'wow' factor.

For me personally as a hobbyist, the process itself is as entertaining as the results. It's kinda part of the reason I dropped all that $$ trying 12 different coatings last winter...im not counting pennies, (within reason of course)...im just having fun. Review: Gyeon CanCoat

8. Likes The Guz, SNP209, Desertnate, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    For me personally as a hobbyist, the process itself is as entertaining as the results. It's kinda part of the reason I dropped all that $$ trying 12 different coatings last winter...im not counting pennies, (within reason of course)...im just having fun. Review: Gyeon CanCoat
    Well put. Amen brother.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

10. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we'd be comparing apples to oranges. Isn't PNS more of an aerosol sealant as opposed to a ceramic/quartz/glass coating? Dunno...maybe a better Sonax comparison would be to Sonax CC36?

Regardless, I'm a coating junkie and CanCoat is my latest 'fix'. It's just so entertaining to use, instant gratification, low effort and lotta quick 'wow' factor.

While the chemical make up might make PNS and Can Coat very different, we're still talking about spray-on LSP products with a 6-month(-ish) lifespan. Both are highly hydrophobic, so that makes them even more closely aligned in my eyes.

I'm with you when it comes to the hobby. I too like trying things out, that's why I'm in the hunt for a new coating on my car. I could carry on using the McKee's coating which has served very well, but where is the fun in that! My only problem is I over-analyze everything (by profession) and have a hard time justifying the costs at times.

I was going to send you a PM, but since you brought up your coating spree from last winter, I'll go ahead and publicly say, "Thank, you!" I stumbled across your write ups on another forum and they have been very educational.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I was going to send you a PM, but since you brought up your coating spree from last winter, I'll go ahead and publicly say, "Thank, you!" I stumbled across your write ups on another forum and they have been very educational.
    Didja decide what your next coating would be? One of the non-AG coatings I tried last winter sent me a bottle of their new version product to try/review...giving it a go this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Didja decide what your next coating would be? One of the non-AG coatings I tried last winter sent me a bottle of their new version product to try/review...giving it a go this weekend.
    Not yet, but I've narrowed things down to CQuartz UK or Gyeon Mohs, with Gloss Coat as the dark horse. While Mohs is more expensive, it's the front runner. I'm starting to think the user experience will be better which justifies the higher cost in my eyes. I've got plenty of time to decide...I'm getting way ahead of myself right now.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Disclaimer:
    I can only speak to "my personal" experience on my daughters White Nissan Altima with my sprinklers and the water where I live. I have had no issues with water spots or removing them as I said in my prior post.

Also, keep in mind, I nor my daughter or my wife are AG OCD about our daily drivers. I just washed my Rogue the other day for the first time in at least 2 months. I keep them protected with a good sealant about every 6-8 months and that's about it.

Applied PNS on my Rogue back in April 2014

Sprinklers are just on the edge of the grass there and they hit this all the time too.
    No water spots that I've ever had any issues with.
    Thanks for the feedback- that’s exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

Still trying to figure out a long term LSP for my wife’s Black Q5. she’s not super geek about paint finish, but she does like to keep it clean. Since it’s black I’ve kept her out of the automatic washes, but that means it’s not getting washed as often as either of us would like. (Dang life getting in the way...)

Various coatings have had my attention, but I’m always worried about water spot etching if not tended to soon enough.

15. Thanks Ochnob thanked for this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast